Brief synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
It's only mid-October... and Portsmouth (you know, the team that finished below us last season) are now 23(!) points ahead of us.

Embarrassing.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Dan Ellard":1p3669mc said:
It's only mid-October... and Portsmouth (you know, the team that finished below us last season) are now 23(!) points ahead of us.

Embarrassing.

You're comparing apples and oranges there!

Portsmouth have one of (if not the) biggest budgets in the league.

It should have been more noted how badly they finished last season given their budget.

Aug 5, 2016
Justin":2q983vzh said:
plymouth1970":2q983vzh said:
Biggs":2q983vzh said:
Speaking literally, what’s going on at HP is complete instability both physically and in the running of the club.

Both on and off the pitch, we just can’t get any foundation or consistency going. Of which of course Adams has to take major responsibility as well.

Colour me very worried, but we ARE only four points off safety with 33 games to go.

CLOWN

Please tell me you weren’t actually born in 1970?

That would make you an adult.

Biggs makes more inciteful points than most on here.

I assume you mean insightful!

Apr 15, 2008
London
The amazing thing is, we're only 4 point from safety (ignoring our terrible goal difference), but going on the evidence from the first 10 weeks of the season, I can't see us getting off the bottom of the table.

Lgm

Mar 15, 2017
Surrey
I think Derek has lost the dressing room and this time Argyle will be relegated!. Come on SH pay off Adams, Wotton, Nance and Osborne and get somebody like John Coleman in who knows how the game should be played, we might then have a chance of staying up but with Adams in charge there is only one way Argyle are heading and thats back to the 2nd division.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Tugboat":2ce9ty9x said:
Martyn":2ce9ty9x said:
Tugboat":2ce9ty9x said:
samjones":2ce9ty9x said:
2 words sums that up today

Fcukin Disgrace

and that should be DA's post match debrief and note to self
Please don’t swear.

Some are a little fragile on here tonight

I’ll a little bit of swearing to downright disgusting, insulting comment
And there he is.

Clown

Final warning. Leave it alone or you'll BOTH get a night off.

Oct 20, 2015
Tactical genius by Adams, after their 3rd minute goal we sat back and defended a slender one goal deficit.

All players deserve a rocket up them after today, or maybe a fine.

Macey was a mess. Don't know what goes on in that boy's head but it isn't pretty. The one goal kick that didn't go into touch went directly to the other keepers hands. No authority in the penalty area, couldn't catch for toffee. I would say let's try Letheren but he's shown us that may be even worse after Tuesday's capitulation. Cooper? God knows. We're desperate.

Agree Moore MoM but he still made a couple of fluffs, one in a very dangerous area halfway through 2nd half.

All of them, ALL of them, couldn't receive a pass without it bouncing off them five yards. Oxford just waited for this then capitalised.

We left in the 88th minute. I would say to beat the traffic but it was really to get away from the embarrassment.

I've been in the 'DA out' camp since he insulted the fans after Doncaster at HP. He's not done anything to change my mind. I agree with the comment about wondering what could change under a new manager, it's the players that DA signed that are the root cause of our league position. And, of course, 5 year contract and all that.

Highlights of today 1) sunny weather, 2) I still like the away strip. That's it. No crumbs of hope. We are going down, most likely with Adams and without Carey.

Well done the other travelling Pilgrims but DA can't expect such support in future away games based on this debacle. I want my money back.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Knibbsworth":2cp7v4ap said:
Justin":2cp7v4ap said:
plymouth1970":2cp7v4ap said:
Biggs":2cp7v4ap said:
Speaking literally, what’s going on at HP is complete instability both physically and in the running of the club.

Both on and off the pitch, we just can’t get any foundation or consistency going. Of which of course Adams has to take major responsibility as well.

Colour me very worried, but we ARE only four points off safety with 33 games to go.

CLOWN

I assume you mean insightful!

Yes good point - insightful.

Although any post not declaring all players and management are immediately hung, drawn and quartered seems destined to incite.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Justin":2069i2ky said:
plymouth1970":2069i2ky said:
Biggs":2069i2ky said:

CLOWN

Agreed. I don't agree with all that B says, but I agree with him more often than not. Even when I don't, his thoughts are well articulated.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Blimey, this makes a change :lol: