Brief synopsis | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Feb 2, 2007
L G":1hdkw67w said:
So glad I paid £10 to watch that.
No seriously I am.

I toyed with but felt miffed about the Wycombe game, although I was out of the country. I was working today and only had a phone to see bits of it so thought better of it. I'll spend the tenner on a bet for us to stay up. I know it sounds outlandish so the odds must be good.

B

Bonehead

Knibbsworth":316f5oes said:
Justin":316f5oes said:
plymouth1970":316f5oes said:
Biggs":316f5oes said:
Speaking literally, what’s going on at HP is complete instability both physically and in the running of the club.

Both on and off the pitch, we just can’t get any foundation or consistency going. Of which of course Adams has to take major responsibility as well.

Colour me very worried, but we ARE only four points off safety with 33 games to go.

CLOWN

Please tell me you weren’t actually born in 1970?

That would make you an adult.

Biggs makes more inciteful points than most on here.

I assume you mean insightful!

Derrrr

Jan 20, 2004
In the 50 years of supporting Argyle I have never felt so low after leaving a game, feeling both physically sick and sad at the justifialble reaction of Argyle fans at the end of the game.

Even the 7-0 at Brentford didn't draw the same reaction.

Just so low

B

Bonehead

I hope Hallett hasn’t got a get out clause wrt the grandstand redevelopment.

Oct 20, 2015
L G":2ni13ffn said:
No seriously I am.

£50 for the tickets, £36 for the babysitter, £20 for fuel.... total waste of wages and my Saturday afternoon.

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
slingsby_pobble":1pxvgx55 said:
Tactical genius by Adams, after their 3rd minute goal we sat back and defended a slender one goal deficit.

All players deserve a rocket up them after today, or maybe a fine.

Macey was a mess. Don't know what goes on in that boy's head but it isn't pretty. The one goal kick that didn't go into touch went directly to the other keepers hands. No authority in the penalty area, couldn't catch for toffee. I would say let's try Letheren but he's shown us that may be even worse after Tuesday's capitulation. Cooper? God knows. We're desperate.

Agree Moore MoM but he still made a couple of fluffs, one in a very dangerous area halfway through 2nd half.

All of them, ALL of them, couldn't receive a pass without it bouncing off them five yards. Oxford just waited for this then capitalised.

We left in the 88th minute. I would say to beat the traffic but it was really to get away from the embarrassment.

I've been in the 'DA out' camp since he insulted the fans after Doncaster at HP. He's not done anything to change my mind. I agree with the comment about wondering what could change under a new manager, it's the players that DA signed that are the root cause of our league position. And, of course, 5 year contract and all that.

Highlights of today 1) sunny weather, 2) I still like the away strip. That's it. No crumbs of hope. We are going down, most likely with Adams and without Carey.

Well done the other travelling Pilgrims but DA can't expect such support in future away games based on this debacle. I want my money back.

Good point - reminds me of Curly Lambeau (coach of the Greenbay Packers) who legendary fined the whole team if they didn’t play well, including those that didn’t play or were injured.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
nick_PASTIE":2a87r5z1 said:
L G":2a87r5z1 said:
No seriously I am.

I toyed with but felt miffed about the Wycombe game, although I was out of the country. I was working today and only had a phone to see bits of it so thought better of it. I'll spend the tenner on a bet for us to stay up. I know it sounds outlandish so the odds must be good.
It was seeing that pathetic performance with my own eyes that was worth the £10.
An interesting week coming up in think (well 2 weeks probably )

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
slingsby_pobble":334x0fei said:
L G":334x0fei said:
No seriously I am.

£50 for the tickets, £36 for the babysitter, £20 for fuel.... total waste of wages and my Saturday afternoon.
That was my other thought. Another fantastic away support. I take my hat off to all who travelled.

Oct 20, 2015
Don't get me wrong I'm not belittling your £10 spend. But all the GA made sacrifices, whether it's 2 hrs to listen to the radio or 10 hours round trip, could ANY of us say it was worth it today? Does ANYONE want to see the same dross served up next week?

Sep 6, 2006
slingsby_pobble":1o559ono said:
L G":1o559ono said:
No seriously I am.

Did you expect an electrifying performance?

Oct 10, 2012
Balham_Green":2ewxb2nm said:
slingsby_pobble":2ewxb2nm said:
L G":2ewxb2nm said:
No seriously I am.

Did you expect an electrifying performance?
By the sounds of it he received a comedic performance!

Oct 20, 2015
No, just a bit of passion and professionalism. As many have said, we made Oxford look like a good footballing side today. They're probably the weakest side we'll encounter this season.

Sep 6, 2006
slingsby_pobble":od72cp1b said:
No, just a bit of passion and professionalism. As many have said, we made Oxford look like a good footballing side today. They're probably the weakest side we'll encounter this season.

I think they may stay up. Am just surprised that fans are still turning up in good numbers and shocked when we play badly and lose. Penny may slowly be dropping that we are rubbish and Adams doesn't have a Scooby do. For those in denial I guess it's a big shock.