Brief synopsis | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Apr 15, 2008
London
Andy_Tall":2c3r5pr3 said:
Was Jamie Mackie as much of an irritating twerp when he played for Argyle? I don't remember him that way. I recall he had a bit of an edge but not all the efforts to get opposition players booked, sly little kicks and backchat all the time.

Highlight today was probably the use of the Oxford comma on the advertising hoardings behind the goal with no stand. About the only thing that made me smile today.

Irritating twerp - ie. someone who actually puts some effort in.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Thought Mackie played well today.

Mar 17, 2011
crownhillpilgrim":20zbhmyd said:
Andy_Tall":20zbhmyd said:
Was Jamie Mackie as much of an irritating twerp when he played for Argyle? I don't remember him that way. I recall he had a bit of an edge but not all the efforts to get opposition players booked, sly little kicks and backchat all the time.

Highlight today was probably the use of the Oxford comma on the advertising hoardings behind the goal with no stand. About the only thing that made me smile today.

Irritating twerp - ie. someone who actually puts some effort in.

Mackie put more into time wasting, pretending to be injured and arguing with the ref than playing football. And could be said of several other oxford players though.

Apr 5, 2008
Great run by their player for the first goal.Argyle players were also in awe as they just stood their watching him run past them :facepalm:

2nd goal not a single player anywhere near Curtis when he scored.

Lots of hard work in the past week on the defending then :clap:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
AdelaideGreen":1k9668xm said:
Just seen the skysport match summary.
The Oxford goals were well taken, but Argyle didn't seem to know "who should be doing what" in midfield and especially defence.
Having said that, the one Argyle attack that they showed indicated that Oxford's defence also were pretty poor.
Anyone at the game to verify?

The Oxford fan forum suggests that they thought that we were crap, but that the cards did fall perfectly in their favour with the early goal etc...
no wonder the players weren't sure of their roles.look who's coaching them.derek,wooton,nancekiville,wilmot and osbourne. :facepalm:

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
moles40":3aech3m9 said:
Great run by their player for the first goal.Argyle players were also in awe as they just stood their watching him run past them :facepalm:

i feel sorry for ryan.even on those humiliating "highlights" he should be taken out of the firing line and perhaps speak to a proper defensive coach to get his game right.and that foul by yann looked like a straight red to me. :facepalm:

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
dazzy3000":31jwwayq said:
memory man":31jwwayq said:
plymouth1970":31jwwayq said:
I hope Hallett hasn’t got a get out clause wrt the grandstand redevelopment.
I was wondering if there was still time for him to get it turned around so the seats are facing out over Cottage Field and towards the Sound!!

Hi MM, do you remember it being this bad before? Would be interested to hear stories of teams gone by struggling

I have said on another thread this is the worst team I have seen in 70 years supporting this club, compare man to man any other team and you will come to that conclusion there are no leaders we are rudderless we are a shambles.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
dunlop":30kioepm said:
dazzy3000":30kioepm said:
memory man":30kioepm said:
plymouth1970":30kioepm said:
I was wondering if there was still time for him to get it turned around so the seats are facing out over Cottage Field and towards the Sound!!

Hi MM, do you remember it being this bad before? Would be interested to hear stories of teams gone by struggling

I have said on another thread this is the worst team I have seen in 70 years supporting this club, compare man to man any other team and you will come to that conclusion there are no leaders we are rudderless we are a shambles.

Indeed you have said this elsewhere, and unless you had some time out I find it a bizarre thing to say.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
dunlop":2f7flin6 said:
dazzy3000":2f7flin6 said:
memory man":2f7flin6 said:
plymouth1970":2f7flin6 said:

They'll all still be Legends in a few years time, no matter what.

Oct 31, 2015
Steve Evans":5il6o3lc said:
i disagree dunlop.i feel that the kevin hodges team were just worse than this lot.

Yep agree Hodges team was awful. I even prefferef the bottom of the entire league team after admin to this one. At least they fought and some of those players were carp and on small wages compared to this lot

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
rsp4":4g0iapwh said:
Steve Evans":4g0iapwh said:
i disagree dunlop.i feel that the kevin hodges team were just worse than this lot.

Yep agree Hodges team was awful. I even prefferef the bottom of the entire league team after admin to this one. At least they fought and some of those players were carp and on small wages compared to this lot

I actually preferred the Hodges team. At least stylistically. At least they handed out the odd drubbing to teams. In one of his seasons we only lost once at home all season, to Hull on the last day. I remember a couple of McGregor hat tricks. I also remember us coming from behind to best Wigan at home with 10 men.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Credit to Graham Carey for giving an interview and apologising to the travelling fans. He doesn't usually give interviews so the reaction of the fans at the whistle has struck a chord with the players and is hopefully a watershed moment where performances and results improve.

Apr 5, 2008
Steve Evans":2y460k6b said:
moles40":2y460k6b said:

i feel sorry for ryan.even on those humiliating "highlights" he should be taken out of the firing line and perhaps speak to a proper defensive coach to get his game right.and that foul by yann looked like a straight red to me. :facepalm:

He is definitely struggling at the moment.Maybe he is finding it hard to deal with what he has gone through off the pitch.From not knowing how much longer he might have to live :sad: ,to being thrust back in the limelight again.

Think he needs to have some time-out for a bit.

Jan 6, 2004
Second half was the worst performance I can recall seeing from a professional football team. In the darkest of dark days we were not as bad as that - couldn’t pass couldn’t mark couldn’t tackle coulnt cross couldn’t shoot oh and keeper was awful too

A better team than oxford would have reached double figures

It is intensely irritating when Adams talk about inevitable reaction to a loss. It was not a reaction to a loss most games have a loser it is a reaction to a literally shameful performance