Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

One of my bests mates is a huge gills fan, this was his text after the game. “Can’t argue that, you played the ball well, won every ball, made us look shambolic”

They aren’t a bad team, we made them look that way, let’s take this win and enjoy it. The players, the manager and the fans deserve that win tonight. Roll on Saturday.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
The central defensive pairing looked so much more in tune with each other. They lack a bit of height but such an improvement whic gives the rest of the team confidence.

Connor Grant at left-back was either inspired or fortunate. His left foot is a beautiful thing and going forward he was very good. Sterner tests to come but really good tonight.

Central midfield is where we won the game. The triumvirate of Fox, Ness an Sarcevic were quality before tiring. Ness in particular was excellent and my MoM. Carey also looked closer to his best with better footballers around him.

And Ladapo had the best game I've seen him play. Very good tonight.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Good to hear about the centre halves having a solid game. Hopefully that partnership can get the team through til January when a further centre back could be found. They'll have tougher tests than tonight by the sound of it but a promising start

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Balham_Green said:
The issue is how do we with those players sometimes look so awful.Must be down to the tactics and negative set up usually employed.[/quote

OMG! Give it a rest! Even Sam Jones isn't moaning tonight!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Team selection looked one of complete desperation with so many changes but something had to be done with the defence.

Gillingham rarely tested the new set up and TBH we looked fairly comfortable against a very POOR team.
3 pts closer to safety and hopefully some confidence to build on with a couple of tricky games coming up.

Still not convinced DA truly knows what he is doing but given our predicament a win is a win.

Ness and Sarcevic did well in midfield but ladapo stole the headlines with 2 goals

Songo and Canavan looked so much better than Edwards and Grant

Aug 11, 2013
Would have been 5 or 6 with an in form Carey. I think he went off with an illness. Looked like he was signalling he felt unwell and was clutching his stomach before he went off. Think he played that game through a stomach upset tonight. Credit to him.

I’d give everyone an 8 with Sarcevic a 7.

One swallow doesn’t make a summer but that was much improved.

Conor Grant was excellent at left back. He’s found his position. Immense tonight. Cannavan always looks safe and Songo was Songo. Some brilliant bits but several terrible comic mistimed headers. The difference this year is he’s now a confident passer of the ball. He’s got better and better each year. Moore is ok and learning his trade but half a dozen times in a game he makes bad decisions like trying to chest it and control it when a hoof away is the safest option or he dithers and loses possession in important areas. Songo encouraged him all game and led him with some verbal encouragement which is what he needs. Sarcevic looks like all game he’s running around weighed down by sandbags? He looks completely knackered after 20 minutes. Don’t get it? Had a good game but always looks close to a heart attack in terms of the effort he needs to make!

Ness was immense in midfield after some very iffy form to date. Came good around this time last year. Foxy was Foxy. That bit of calming class you need when under pressure. Freddie knows where to goal is. Great little cameo from Reuben and like to see that bit of skill before he shot and scored. Brilliant skill. Joel buzzed around but is frustrating.

This was the football we played during our purple patch last season -is this the dire football always laid at Adams door because I thought it was super football for this level. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

That was finally a performance to be proud of. He clearly hasn’t lost the dressing room.

DA bought himself a life jacket tonight but it remains to be seen if the boat is patched sufficiently for the stormy weather ahead. One game at a time.

Sep 6, 2006
999mattyg":sr6oulhu said:
Balham_Green":sr6oulhu said:
The issue is how do we with those players sometimes look so awful.Must be down to the tactics and negative set up usually employed.[/quote

OMG! Give it a rest! Even Sam Jones isn't moaning tonight!

It's a point for debate. Is that beyond you?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
very enjoyable and deserved win.my ratings;

Macey - 6 clearly the coaches have had a word.his best game for us (i only watch home games)
Moore - 5
Songo'o - 8
Canavan - 8
C Grant - 8
Fox - 8
Sarcevic - 8
Ness - 9
Carey - 7
Ladapo - 8
J Grant - 6

O'Keefe - 6
Rubén - 8
Jephcott n/a

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Dan Ellard":12o9elco said:
Mention for Jephcott too for some great corner flag work at the end there - Sturrock junior would have been proud!

That’s exactly what I thought, Blair mark 2!

Jul 6, 2011
Canavan 8 - directed his headers very well, better than Peter Grant does. Played the ball out well and also defends well too - very impressive. (quote)

He played well, but the statement above about headering.... It happened quickly, but wasn't it Canavan who headed the ball out to the Gillingham player who smashed it into the net? Pretty sure it was...

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Football not hoofball wins the day. Ness fit and firing and a striker who scores goals. Simple.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
briangreen":2sx2vwno said:
Canavan 8 - directed his headers very well, better than Peter Grant does. Played the ball out well and also defends well too - very impressive. (quote)

He played well, but the statement above about headering.... It happened quickly, but wasn't it Canavan who headed the ball out to the Gillingham player who smashed it into the net? Pretty sure it was...
Seen it again and yes it was, I'd argue that it being a set piece his primary aim is to just win the header full stop, but he could have perhaps headed it out of danger better I'll admit. That aside, he impressed me in this area.

Sep 6, 2006
Dan Ellard":fh0pqb56 said:
briangreen":fh0pqb56 said:

Seen it again and yes it was, I'd argue that it being a set piece his primary aim is to just win the header full stop, but he could have perhaps headed it out of danger better I'll admit. That aside, he impressed me in this area.

It was an excellent finish. I would blame the lack of a block rather than the header.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The attendance tonight was higher than Saturday's attendance, by some distance, which is rare for a Tuesday game. It must have been the free tickets for under 12s.