Brief Synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Great win. That was a more physical game than was perhaps expected but we stood strong, and we were savvy right up until the final whistle.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Cobi Budge":1lmsqru7 said:
jespafc":1lmsqru7 said:
Good result, uninspiring performance.

I personally thought the sheer determination shown by every single player was inspiring.

We created very little. This attacking, dynamic football we were promised is still very much a rarity and okay, to be fair today we were away to the top team, but we need to do a lot more if we're going to finish in the top 7.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Metal_Green_Mickey":2wru2dp5 said:
On the way back home....

Loverly little ground and a very friendly club.

A big mention to Josh Grant..... He was fantastic in the CDM role. He filled the gaps and cover the back 3 very well.

The team really put in some great effort.

My opinion though remains the same as the last few months based on what l saw today. I still don't believe we are clicking as a team. The performance was good on terms of application and effort. Yet we still look disjointed to me all over the pitch.

I think we’re still lacking an experienced eye to the final details of play.

I think we need someone old and bold to critique our play from the stands in an advisory role to a Lowe and Shuey.

No influence in team or tactics but just an observation and recommendation role.

We’re very raw, not a million miles away but lack some real fundamentals that could be the difference between 3rd and 4th

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
jespafc":1vbf8euk said:
Cobi Budge":1vbf8euk said:
jespafc":1vbf8euk said:

I personally thought the sheer determination shown by every single player was inspiring.

We created very little. This attacking, people dynamic football we were promised is still very much a rarity and okay, to be fair today we were away to the top team, but we need to do a lot more if we're going to finish in the top 7.

In our last two games we’ve beaten teams, away from home, who are above us. If you take out the Exeter game, before that, we dismantled Leyton Orient & Carlisle. We’ve had a little bit of inconsistency but for me, I think we’re looking good for the top 7. The football isn’t always free flowing & beautiful, it won’t always be at this level, but it’s still much, much more attractive than it has been for a number of years. Have a little faith mate!

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Tugboat":26omgs1x said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":26omgs1x said:
On the way back home....

A big mention to Josh Grant..... He was fantastic in the CDM role. He filled the gaps and cover the back 3 very well.

My opinion though remains the same as the last few months based on what l saw today. I still don't believe we are clicking as a team. The performance was good on terms of application and effort. Yet we still look disjointed to me all over the pitch.

I think we need someone old and bold to critique our play from the stands in an advisory role to a Lowe and Shuey.

No influence in team or tactics but just an observation and recommendation role.

We’re very raw, not a million miles away but lack some real fundamentals that could be the difference between 3rd and 4th

I think in the last month or so, we’ve looked a lot smarter, a lot more street wise, the philosophy has been implemented and the rough edges are being straightened. We’re on the right track.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Cobi Budge":3jtdwafu said:
jespafc":3jtdwafu said:
Cobi Budge":3jtdwafu said:
jespafc":3jtdwafu said:

We created very little. This attacking, people dynamic football we were promised is still very much a rarity and okay, to be fair today we were away to the top team, but we need to do a lot more if we're going to finish in the top 7.

In our last two games we’ve beaten teams, away from home, who are above us. If you take out the Exeter game, before that, we dismantled Leyton Orient & Carlisle. We’ve had a little bit of inconsistency but for me, I think we’re looking good for the top 7. The football isn’t always free flowing & beautiful, it won’t always be at this level, but it’s still much, much more attractive than it has been for a number of years. Have a little faith mate!

I agree with the first points, but I think it's a bit of a myth that the football wasn't good under Adams. There is no way that this current team (at the moment) are playing more attractive football than some of the stuff we played with Carey and Lameiras in the team.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
jespafc":2y0mlulp said:
Cobi Budge":2y0mlulp said:
Cobi Budge":2y0mlulp said:

I agree with the first points, but I think it's a bit of a myth that the football wasn't good under Adams. There is no way that this current team (at the moment) are playing more attractive football than some of the stuff we played with Carey and Lameiras in the team.

I thought under Adams the attractiveness of the football we played ebbed and flowed both game to game and season to season. In his first season there was some good stuff, in his promotion season it was often quite functional and dull, in the third it was very good granted, last season it was awful. I think so far under Lowe, we’ve shown a commitment to play attractive football week on week with minor alterations dependent on the opponent, which I’m a fan of, and long term it’ll pay dividends.

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
I think we have turned the corner. Give Lowe credit for being tactically aware today. I can see confidence returning to our players too. I also think Lowe will get it right home to Bradford; more attacking but defensively astute.

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Player Ratings: Forest Green 0 Plymouth Argyle 1

Scott Wootton – 8, MOTM
A commanding performance from the centre back, who takes the award for his second week in a row. His heading, often a weak area, was dominant and his use of the ball was clever more often than not

Antoni Sarcevic - 7
Like Josh Grant, an excellent and industrious first half display from the Mancunian who topped it off with a fantastic goal as well as some good runs.

Jul 14, 2008
It seems clear to me that the attractive football is on hold for a while until Lowe can get some more players in who are capable of playing in that style. He tried to implement that at the start of the season but there are too many players particularly in defence who are not comfortable enough on the ball. That style has changed in the last few weeks, we are now more cautious, direct and not so ambitious on the ball. That might be alright as a short term fix to turn our form around but I can’t see Lowe sticking with it for any longer than a few months.

Great result today though and fantastic determination shown by the players.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
jespafc":3ac51k4q said:

I guess it's the 3 points that matter, but I'm still worried about the lack of any kind of spark in the team. We rode our luck toward the end and it could've easily been 1-1.

I wasn't there but I can't see how you win away at league leaders with "a lack of any spark". Take the Exeter game out of the equation and Argyle's form over the last 5 league games is 3 wins and a draw. I think with a more settled line-up Argyle are only going to carry on improving.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Tugboat":3f9fc65v said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3f9fc65v said:
On the way back home....

I thought that was Neil Dewsnip’s role.
I also thought you may have been referring to Neil Warnock but, having seen your post on 11th November, obviously not.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Whilst we game managed the result today, I think I should mention that FGR never missed an opportunity to push our players EVERY time we went up for an areal challenge. The ref caught this a few times but let loads of these fouls go.

Anyway, squeaky bum time need the end but FGR are not the Barcelona of our league by any means, based on today.

Wotten, Sarce and Sawyer were all very good, with Moore and Grant putting in a shift.

Great three points.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
1-0 away wins like this are a key requirement for a team aspiring to be promoted. It doesn’t do much for those of us watching but there was a great feeling of joy and relief when the Ref blew the final whistle.

For the second week running we scored early away from home and hung on to get the win; it bodes well for the rest of the season.

A second goal would have been great and it would have made a lot of us a bit more relaxed. If Telford’s glancing header from the Sarcevic free kick had found the corner of the net instead of going just wide with the Keeper beaten, it would have taken prevented that nervous last 10 minutes.

But in the end, it didn’t matter and another win in these circumstances should do a lot for the team’s confidence. If we can get a similar result next week we will really be on our way to making a serious claim on a top 3 place.

There were no star performers but several put in a solid shift, particularly Wooton who won all of his headers, barely put a foot wrong and used the ball well. The one negative was Grant and Moore up front who didn’t work hard enough to help keep the ball in their half. No wonder Sarcevic gave Grant a massive bollicking mid-way through the second half when he surrendered the ball very easily yet again to set up another FGR attack.

I wouldn’t compare FRG to Wycombe but some of their tactics were questionable. In the first half in particular, they were constantly throwing themselves on the floor to get free kicks from a somewhat naive Referee who appeared a bit whistle-happy in their favour. Maybe they are lacking certain vitamins and proteins in their vegan diet but they appeared very unsteady on their legs, with 3 or 4 of their players displaying symptoms of Ricketts, so delicate and fragile as they appeared to be. They were also trying to pressurise the Referee to book people but fortunately, he didn’t buy it.

FGR are a nice little club but still non-League in so many ways and is there any ground in Britain or beyond which is at the top of such a formidable hill?

What the hell are we doing playing League football against teams like this!