Brief Synopsis | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Sep 6, 2006
TinTin":36nlder3 said:
We held our wedding reception at "The Turning Point" in West Drayton many years ago !

Got divorced 8 years later.

So make out of that what you want re. Argyle's future ?

BTW, I am still on super-friendly terms with my ex-wife, who is remarried !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

And the relevance is..... :crazy:

Sep 6, 2006
moles40":rsvtw7k2 said:
Quality wise it was a poor game.

We barely created any decent chances and couldnā€™t keep possession for more that two passes,before giving the ball away ,and their keeper was never tested 2nd half.

They were not much better ,but did retain possession of the ball a bit better but most of their their attacking ploy was lumping balls into the channels behind our defence,which our defence easily cleared.

At least we never looked like conceding towards the end of the game .

Forest Green never looked like a quality side,which explains why this league is so wide open,still

You must have switched off/left before injury time then and the goalmouth scramble. Fgr had one shot on target all match which is a hell of a credit to us. The E#t#r performance could be a turning point in the season. You learn more from defeats.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
What/who was missing from our defence when we lost 4-0 to Exeter?
Scott Wootton, who seems to have turned his career around if recent performances are anything to go by.

2nd question. Is Will Aimson injured again or has he fallen out of favour?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
All season weā€™ve moaned about being terrible defensively. Yesterday we pick up 3 points and a clean sheet away at the league leaders, without really looking like conceding, and yet all the focus is on ā€œnot creating enoughā€. Itā€™s beggars belief.

Letā€™s give some credit where itā€™s due. Two good football teams, a very tight and hard fought match and our lads came out on top. Itā€™s an excellent result and undoubtedly the best defensive performance of the season. Scott Wootton the stand out for me, who continues to show that despite the horror show last season, he is a decent player, if not slightly inconsistent.

Josh Grant looked excellent at DM in the first half, but played too deep in the second. Had it not have been for the injuries, I wouldā€™ve moved Edwards into midfield for greater control, but Fadz and Riley picking up knocks obviously influenced our subs.

Despite complaints of ā€œnot creating enough chancesā€, we did from set pieces, with Canavan and Telford only inches away from extending our lead.

Would I like to see us cutting teams apart and scoring more goals? Of course. But away at Forest Green? Who despite the fact they are ā€œonly Forest Greenā€ and ā€œa sign of how far we have fallenā€ are a decent side at this level on their own merit, with some good players (particularly Adams in midfield) and an excellent manager. Take the win however it comes.

For the sake of balance, if their were negatives yesterday, Iā€™d say that I really donā€™t rate Byron Moore and am looking forward to Telford back in the starting XI. Iā€™d like to see Mayor more involved, but given the defensive nature of our performance, heā€™s a player more likely to shine when weā€™re on the front foot. And despite his quiet game, he still picks up another assist.

Huge result. A win against Bradford would be a massive springboard to build on going into the busy winter schedule.

Ratings; Palmer 7, Wootton 9, Canavan 7, Sawyer 8, Fadz 7 (Riley 6), Edwards 8, Grant 7, Mayor 6, Sarcevic 8, Grant 6 (Taylor N/A), Moore 6 (Telford 7).

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
davie nine":3hbgjoji said:
Scott Wootton, who seems to have turned his career around if recent performances are anything to go by.

Not seen any reports on absence of Aimson or Clarke yesterday.

Also wonder if George Cooper is going to remain with us beyond January.

Sep 6, 2006
Nobby":1vrx8cim said:
All season weā€™ve moaned about being terrible defensively. Yesterday we pick up 3 points and a clean sheet away at the league leaders, without really looking like conceding, and yet all the focus is on ā€œnot creating enoughā€. Itā€™s beggars belief.

Letā€™s give some credit where itā€™s due. Two good football teams, a very tight and hard fought match and our lads came out on top. Itā€™s an excellent result and undoubtedly the best defensive performance of the season. Scott Wootton the stand out for me, who continues to show that despite the horror show last season, he is a decent player, if not slightly inconsistent.

Josh Grant looked excellent at DM in the first half, but played too deep in the second. Had it not have been for the injuries, I wouldā€™ve moved Edwards into midfield for greater control, but Fadz and Riley picking up knocks obviously influenced our subs.

Despite complaints of ā€œnot creating enough chancesā€, we did from set pieces, with Canavan and Telford only inches away from extending our lead.

Would I like to see us cutting teams apart and scoring more goals? Of course. But away at Forest Green? Who despite the fact they are ā€œonly Forest Greenā€ and ā€œa sign of how far we have fallenā€ are a decent side at this level on their own merit, with some good players (particularly Adams in midfield) and an excellent manager. Take the win however it comes.

For the sake of balance, if their were negatives yesterday, Iā€™d say that I really donā€™t rate Byron Moore and am looking forward to Telford back in the starting XI. Iā€™d like to see Mayor more involved, but given the defensive nature of our performance, heā€™s a player more likely to shine when weā€™re on the front foot. And despite his quiet game, he still picks up another assist.

Huge result. A win against Bradford would be a massive springboard to build on going into the busy winter schedule.

Ratings; Palmer 7, Wootton 9, Canavan 7, Sawyer 8, Fadz 7 (Riley 6), Edwards 8, Grant 7, Mayor 6, Sarcevic 8, Grant 6 (Taylor N/A), Moore 6 (Telford 7).

Spot on. And to add we had BOTH our full backs injured and still looked sound.

Penlee

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
davie nine":1ll374i7 said:

Aimson not injured - he was there as part of the travelling squad just not selected for the match (ie not even a sub). He cut a slightly forlorn figure standing by the dressing rooms sipping a coffee beforehand.

To the match itself and FGR looked like an alehouse type of side, cheeserollers to a man. How they can be classed as a footballing side I don't know, they were pretty, err,,, agricultural.

Their boss is the son of ex Leeds player Terry Cooper so he has a certain pedigree

Great win Argyle, and well played (particularly) Wooton Sarce and Josh Grant in that order and an honorary mention for masterclass defending by Edwards in the first half when they were two V one

Feb 10, 2019
cheshiregreen":1rsheo4u said:
davie nine":1rsheo4u said:

We were watching the warm ups in front of us yesterday and Cooperā€™s warm ups were half hearted to say the least. Maybe that is his usual warm up and it was only noticeable close up but didnā€™t look too enthusiastic.

May 8, 2011
cheshiregreen":1w9tejxo said:
davie nine":1w9tejxo said:

There are rumours circulating about Aimson that he isnā€™t in Loweā€™s good books following an incident at half time in the Swindon league match.

Aug 5, 2016
cheshiregreen":2nrgoycm said:
davie nine":2nrgoycm said:

I don't see why not, he is a quality player. Grant and Moore were chasing long punts over their heads and thus rendered ineffective for huge chunks of the game, at least Cooper is a playmaker with a bit of vision and finesse about him. What can Grant, Moore and Telford achieve with a proper pass to latch onto instead of hoofs and punts 8 foot into the air? Hopefully we shall get to see.

Jul 12, 2016
Cooper looks a quality player and I would be sorry to see him leave in January.There's a lot of players I would prefer to leave before him.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
I thought we had the option of signing him permanently?

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Tugboat":3brq8cxs said:
I thought we had the option of signing him permanently?

Think we do. Will he want to stay?

After short spell of starts he has now returned to bench despite some assists and where does he best fit in our team?
Personally don't think he has enough defensive attributes for a wing back role.

Topboy

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Just a quick one - no one seems to have mentioned FGR's Adams. I thought he was really good - everything that I was hoping Mayor was going to be be.

Apart from his forearm smash (!) I would love to see him in the middle of the park for Argyle.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Topboy":27n13csi said:
Just a quick one - no one seems to have mentioned FGR's Adams. I thought he was really good - everything that I was hoping Mayor was going to be be.

Apart from his forearm smash (!) I would love to see him in the middle of the park for Argyle.

Apparently he's destined for the Championship.