Brief synopsis | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We weren't terrible tonight, but Oxford wanted it more in that they were meaner & more streetwise, a lack of smarts cost us more than a lack of quality did. Most of the pieces are there for us to be a tidy side but we really need to add some metal this January.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
skynet":2fmrjl0i said:
Sir Alex once told me that you have to win the physical battle, only then do you get to play your football. We lost the physical battle every time to a big strong physical side but we rolled over and asked for our bellies to be tickled like my new puppy.

A big mistake subbing Grant, a big mistake picking the wrong team, and a big mistake engaging in an arm waving confrontation with a fan at the final whistle when emotions were running high. That is 7 defeats in 9 and unfortunately Lowe was done by Karl's far superior tactics. Anyone can see how to beat us at the moment and we are shipping goals at an alarming rate.
I agree with most of that. However, ‘a big mistake picking the wrong team’?
I think most supporters would have been happy with the starting XI. Who would you suggest should have been selected after our last 2 decent performances?

Jul 6, 2011
Leigham Green":26un1rwo said:
It was a disappointing result after having run the game for the first 35 minutes. If, in my view, teams push onto your back three then you need an outlet with the holding/defensive midfielders to drop and pick up the ball. McCloud looks a decent player but he didn’t give us that option tonight, hence the long balls which we going to lose all night long. Fornah is a much better option in that position for me. He has a great ability to drop a shoulder and create time and space before distributing the ball.
Not sure Hardie should have come off. Once or twice balls down the channel did give us a few openings as he outpaced their defenders but we need the attacking midfield players to get forward and support just as Camara did for the first goal.

I think Fornah is very much not the answer, we lost half a dozen games with him in the DM position. What's needed in my opinion is a Darren Purse type CH, which would give confidence and inspire those in front of him and Cooper in goal.
Not good tonight, but 4 decent results could change our fortunes and lighten the green army gloom.

May 22, 2006
skynet":1bzvmux5 said:
We had Bakinson last year- unfortunately McCleod and Fornah are nowhere near the same standard.

There’s a thread on OTIB tonight about how poor a game he had tonight. After four or five games at the start, fans were raving about him - now they are ranting about him. Maybe City would consider another loan in January.

Feb 15, 2005
A poor showing overall by the greens but RL summing up is shocking, we were well beat by a more committed and physical team. Yes he’s got to lift the team but some performances were totally unacceptable. The thread attacking DM is always going to happen as he is a very skilful player who isn’t quite delivering the creative spark we need. It appears RL is not getting the best out of him but he also needs to do better and worth his place in the team.

Mar 14, 2009
Another second half poor performance.

The team don’t have the legs or the energy levels to keep it going for 90 mins.

I feel sorry for Camara. He isn’t perfect. His passing can go awol. However, he is the only one in that midfield that gets up and down the pitch.

The team is imbalanced. Until it changes Argyle will continue to struggle unfortunately.

The worse thing is Lowe seems to only be able to play one system, one way. What happens when those players aren’t good enough to play his system?

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Willis88":2qbez8m6 said:
Frustrating game to watch.

Camara was everywhere, winning balls strongly, moving for passes. Definitely MoTM by far.

Oxford had 1 approach and that was to rush everything. Their first goal came because the ball was put into a spot with 3 of their players. They swarmed the ball and there was no hope of defending it.

From there they worked out if they forced us to play it'll either go backwards, sideways or to an Oxford player.

There was too much dillydallying on the edge of the box and they just overpowered us with numbers all the time.

Simple truth is, we set the stall out early, hence the good starts to games, but once we're worked out that's it, lucky if we can hang onto a lead.

Need to find more strategies we can move into when plan A doesn't work.

This.

Dec 3, 2005
Willis88":39xtkmig said:
Frustrating game to watch.

Camara was everywhere, winning balls strongly, moving for passes. Definitely MoTM by far.

Oxford had 1 approach and that was to rush everything. Their first goal came because the ball was put into a spot with 3 of their players. They swarmed the ball and there was no hope of defending it.

From there they worked out if they forced us to play it'll either go backwards, sideways or to an Oxford player.

There was too much dillydallying on the edge of the box and they just overpowered us with numbers all the time.

Simple truth is, we set the stall out early, hence the good starts to games, but once we're worked out that's it, lucky if we can hang onto a lead.

Need to find more strategies we can move into when plan A doesn't work.

Spot on - once the opposition suss us out we have had it - just look at our 2nd half stats this season.
We desperately need a LEADER on the field and we desperately need a 'plan B'.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep, you could feel it. On 30 minutes you see Robinson in the dugout and he was smiling like a cheshire cat, almost as if he had broken our code.

I would appreciate someone telling me what Macleod brings to a game, as I'm darned if I can see anything at all. Sideways and backwards and ANY knock he goes down and looks hurt.

Loved Cam, what a signing he was.

That was a real 3rd division match, two reasonably poor teams in my view.

We'll do well to be comfortable this season in my opinion.

Mar 14, 2009
IJN":wuqcr30v said:
Yep, you could feel it. On 30 minutes you see Robinson in the dugout and he was smiling like a cheshire cat, almost as if he had broken our code.

I would appreciate someone telling me what Macleod brings to a game, as I'm darned if I can see anything at all. Sideways and backwards and ANY knock he goes down and looks hurt.

Loved Cam, what a signing he was.

That was a real 3rd division match, two reasonably poor teams in my view.

We'll do well to be comfortable this season in my opinion.

I wouldn’t listen to the after match interview then because Lowe seems to think he is the key to break the first line of the opposition press.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I simply left Home Park with a cob on. I couldn't even be bothered with listening to the MoM chat in the lounge. Quietly drove home very sad.

Mar 14, 2009
IJN":3a4xt1bn said:
I simply left Home Park with a cob on. I couldn't even be bothered with listening to the MoM chat in the lounge. Quietly drove home very sad.

I’m very frustrated. Not because of last nights performance or the result but because the same pattern of play keeps happening and we seeing the same mistakes.

I’m worried about his lack of tactics during games.

Have to stick with him this season and just hope there is four worse teams than us.

He said in last nights interview the players might not be good enough and sometimes make rash decision making. You listen to it and think well if that’s the case play a system that helps them because the one you’ve created leaves the players you choose to sign on exposed and they can’t deal with the jobs you given them to do.

May 8, 2011
Metal_Green_Mickey":wdh6kdtv said:
IJN":wdh6kdtv said:

I’m very frustrated. Not because of last nights performance or the result but because the same pattern of play keeps happening and we seeing the same mistakes.

I’m worried about his lack of tactics during games.

Have to stick with him this season and just hope there is four worse teams than us.

He said in last nights interview the players might not be good enough and sometimes make rash decision making. You listen to it and think well if that’s the case play a system that helps them because the one you’ve created leaves the players you choose to sign on exposed and they can’t deal with the jobs you given them to do.

The problem with the players either not having the technical ability or allowed to change tactics during the game was highlighted by the goal kicks in the second half, as each goal kick the frustration in the crowd got louder.

May 21, 2010
taunton
Lose on Saturday and it could start to be like Derek Adams last games in charge, fans will start turning on Lowe and his tactics. Cooper looks nervous in goal, and that passes on to the defence and fans, he isn't assertive enough. We got no leaders on the pitch, we miss the Sarchevic, and Bakinson type of players. Carry on letting 2 goals a game down we will be relegated.