Canavan joins Bradford | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Canavan joins Bradford

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
To be blunt, that sort of disgusting comment about a player who has given good service to the club, even if some of us feel not good enough for this level, is the sort of comment that the moderators should be dealing with. As has been said, totally unacceptable and just uncalled for. Don’t think anybody has called into question Canavan's commitment. If any of us had called Carlo the same derogatory term, or even idiot, we would have been openly censured

Feb 15, 2005
Quite a few folk are saying there are better out there without suggestion names. I can’t see anyone in our division selling their in form CB’s and so we are probably looking at a young loan player from the top two divisions. He is likely to be raw and untested outside of youth games. Other than that a player from Div 1 who is out of favour but won’t be match fit.

Jun 27, 2019
buck197":gba6szfl said:
Quite a few folk are saying there are better out there without suggestion names. I can’t see anyone in our division selling their in form CB’s and so we are probably looking at a young loan player from the top two divisions. He is likely to be raw and untested outside of youth games. Other than that a player from Div 1 who is out of favour but won’t be match fit.

The problem is we're now maxed out on loans so whoever we bring in will have to be a free agent, released or sold to us for a pittance.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
WoodsyGreen":28lvgkue said:
buck197":28lvgkue said:

The problem is we're now maxed out on loans so whoever we bring in will have to be a free agent, released or sold to us for a pittance.

Not quite. We can have as many loans as we like but we can only have 5 at a time in a team.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Devongreenowl":dp8wq2do said:
To be blunt, that sort of disgusting comment about a player who has given good service to the club, even if some of us feel not good enough for this level, is the sort of comment that the moderators should be dealing with. As has been said, totally unacceptable and just uncalled for. Don’t think anybody has called into question Canavan's commitment. If any of us had called Carlo the same derogatory term, or even idiot, we would have been openly censured

Final warning now!

Don’t push buttons as you won’t like the inevitable outcome.

The comment from Carlos is beneath contempt in my opinion but that’s all it is. Not one Mod has thought for to remove it, and I applaud that decision.

So, you have now had your FINAL warning, carry on with your ‘game’ and I’ll personally hit the ban button.

Choice is yours.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
IJN":2ojmo1pj said:
Devongreenowl":2ojmo1pj said:

Final warning now!

The comment from Carlos is beneath contempt in my opinion but that’s all it is. Not one Mod has thought for to remove it, and I applaud that decision.

So, you have now had your FINAL warning, carry on with your ‘game’ and I’ll personally hit the ban button.

Choice is yours.
Thing is Ian if one of us was to remove the post we'd be called over for stifling debate or called green tints.
We really can't win.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Ponty":48psuw3f said:
IJN":48psuw3f said:
Devongreenowl":48psuw3f said:

Final warning now!

Choice is yours.
Thing is Ian if one of us was to remove the post we'd be called over for stifling debate or called green tints.
We really can't win.

And that’s where a leadership decision had to be made which I believe ian has just made.

A line is a line. Cross if and feel the wrath.

Jan 27, 2012
IJN":306rufi2 said:
Devongreenowl":306rufi2 said:

Final warning now!

Choice is yours.

Hmmmmm.

I don't agree with Carlo whatsoever. However, this is a forum for football opinions. If you choose to ban people because you don't agree with their opinions then it undermines the openness of PASOTI. Almost as if you can't post here unless you hold a certain viewpoint.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
gaspargomez":hqv7tlj2 said:
IJN":hqv7tlj2 said:
Devongreenowl":hqv7tlj2 said:

Final warning now!

Choice is yours.

Hmmmmm.

I don't agree with Carlo whatsoever. However, this is a forum for football opinions. If you choose to ban people because you don't agree with their opinions then it undermines the openness of PASOTI. Almost as if you can't post here unless you hold a certain viewpoint.

Are you referring to the original post or Ian’s response?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Just for clarity - Carlo is perfectly entitled to his opinion on any player. I have been fairly critical of Wootton and the two Coopers for instance. It was the terminology he used which I thought was offensive, towards a player who has done his bit for Argyle.

I feel it’s regrettable too that one can’t question moderators in normal language without the threat of a ban, but I accept that is the way it has to be on this site. I won’t do it again. :scarf:

May 26, 2015
I'm very sorry that Naz has gone. He seemed to be a good leader on the field and always spoke well off the field. Moreover, he has the necessary northern grit to succeed in this third division. Wish him well at Bradford.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
RochdaleGreen":2pphdpxd said:
I'm very sorry that Naz has gone. He seemed to be a good leader on the field and always spoke well off the field. Moreover, he has the necessary northern grit to succeed in this third division. Wish him well at Bradford.

I think L2 is his level Rochdale, but yes a little bit of Northern grit goes a long way. He'll need it at this time of year - big difference between Bratford and balmy Plymouth! I imagine he will pop up with the odd goal or two from corners, so they will be quite happy with their acquisition.

stewthenoo

Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Devongreenowl":1euyj7sa said:
Just for clarity - Carlo is perfectly entitled to his opinion on any player. I have been fairly critical of Wootton and the two Coopers for instance. It was the terminology he used which I thought was offensive, towards a player who has done his bit for Argyle.

I feel it’s regrettable too that one can’t question moderators in normal language without the threat of a ban, but I accept that is the way it has to be on this site. I won’t do it again. :scarf:

Owly, I'm with you on this one. Calling a player a t*** is way out of line. :thumbdown:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It certainly is Stew, however not exactly a reason for censorship, perhaps 'Carlos' can learn from the stick he has had over it.

I would also say that this is a football forum, and we've tamed it as much we think we can.

How anyone can get their rocks off over slagging an ex player off like that, is beyond what most people I think.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
stewthenoo":2kp5mrbj said:
Devongreenowl":2kp5mrbj said:

Owly, I'm with you on this one. Calling a player a t*** is way out of line. :thumbdown:

:thumbs: