Changes for next week | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Changes for next week

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":167wgcbp said:
Definitely got to make changes,obviously.not blaming Palmer at all but it is high time for me that we start playing some of our lads that have been through our youth set up otherwise what is the point.I would start Cooper for Palmer,Aimson for Josh Grant,Randell for Edwards,Mayor for Riley and Lolos for Rudden.I would also have Fletcher ready on the bench.I feel that Mr. Lowe needs to have a frank discussion with his assistants,for me,Mr. Schumacher is all he should need,i would dispense with Mr. Nancekivell and Mr. Wilmott.I think the goalies can "coach " each other in training.I still have no idea what the fine fellow Mr. Nancekivell does.Finally,an old chestnut for me from last season,the players don't look to be in tip top condition.have a word with the strength and conditioning coach please Mr. Lowe.

Same old nonsense as last season. Change the record

Mar 14, 2009
If you tried every combination in defence and you still conceding set piece goals I would suggest that it doesn't matter who we pick.

I'm afraid we just don't have the players to play possession football and we certainly don't have the defenders who know how to defend. Unfortunately, tough times ahead.

Best example I can give currently of how difficult it is to make changes to this team, is Riley. Shouldn't be anywhere near this RWB role given how ineffective he has been. A complete waste of space. Going forward he doesn't have a scooby doo what to do with the ball. That right hand side of our team needs serious TLC but who do you put there from the current squad?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
cheshiregreen":lgemrb2m said:
PMPilgrim":lgemrb2m said:
cheshiregreen":lgemrb2m said:
PMPilgrim":lgemrb2m said:
This could be the beginning of the end for Lowe.

Argyle managers generally don’t recover from abject performances at Exeter.

Edited your quote but which Argyle managers are you thinking of?

To those suggesting changes, we have a game on Tuesday to factor in too. Not sure we have many options we haven't already tried though - certainly defensively.

I never trusted the Shelton team again after losing on Boxing Day one year....and I was right.

Do you mean the 3-0 home loss to Alan Ball's Grecians. That, I think, was an Easter game but I take the point. Although we bounced back to win at the Hawthorns the next game.

5-2 I recall, Stevie Castle hat-trick. One of the best games of football I’ve ever seen. Shame there were only about 80 Argyle fans to see it.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Metal_Green_Mickey":3hy6qeh8 said:
If you tried every combination in defence and you still conceding set piece goals I would suggest that it doesn't matter who we pick.

I'm afraid we just don't have the players to play possession football and we certainly don't have the defenders who know how to defend. Unfortunately, tough times ahead.

Best example I can give currently of how difficult it is to make changes to this team, is Riley. Shouldn't be anywhere near this RWB role given how ineffective he has been. A complete waste of space. Going forward he doesn't have a scooby doo what to do with the ball. That right hand side of our team needs serious TLC but who do you put there from the current squad?

Totally agree RWB is our biggest problem to me.. most teams know we are good on the left but have nothing down the right. If we had equal attacking threat on both flanks we would be really hard to deal with. Byron Moore RWB? Maybe this will happen when Telford is fit.?

Dec 3, 2005
Argyle SIX points off TOP SPOT
Argyle THIRTEEN points from bottom spot

I see NO reason to panic.

Mar 14, 2009
JannerinCardiff":2duoqmnh said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2duoqmnh said:

Totally agree RWB is our biggest problem to me.. most teams know we are good on the left but have nothing down the right. If we had equal attacking threat on both flanks we would be really hard to deal with. Byron Moore RWB? Maybe this will happen when Telford is fit.?

I have always maintained I think things will get worse, before they get better. Its almost like he feels it will come good but I've afraid sometimes you have to adapt if you

a). don't have the players at your disposal

b). opposition managers have figured out weaknesses in your tactics

It bothers me that he thinks we played well in games I watched us squeak by in. Carlisle at home is a prime example. We really struggled and if they had anything about them going forward we could of lost those 3pts easily.

I'm not sure the penny is gonna drop until we have lost a few more games unfortunately because when I listen to Lowe I don't hear a manager looking to change and adapt anytime soon.

I

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
There are two things that Ryan Lowe is too faithful to in my opinion. I think both need some adapting given our personnel and to avoid teams figuring us out so easily.

1) "Playing through the thirds" - i.e. passing it out from the back: Our defenders are not good enough on the ball to do this. I know he wants to be like Man City and Liverpool, but we just can't do it and we put ourselves under too much pressure. The work has to be done off the ball here to give a nervy defender good passing options. Our back line are too static once it has come out and a little bit of a press and it all too often gets lumped forward anyway. Exeter pinned us back today by identifying Edwards is the pivot in the middle between the defenders and attacking players. Law just sat tight on Edwards for most of the game when we had the ball at the back and we did not have an outlet. Any scout that saw Law do that will now advise any opposing manager to do the same, it suffocated anything coming from the back.

2) Getting to the byline for low balls across the box: Taylor's goal at Home Park from this very move early in the season has helped to justify what is usually an ineffective tactic. There have been a number of times where McFadzean and Mayor in particular, have an option to pass or drive into a central channel or take the ball outside and get a low cross from the edge of the box. They are drilled by Lowe to look for the latter as a first option, all to often not coming to anything. We seem so much more dangerous when we bring the ball directly into what the Americans would call the 'red zone'. See McFadzean's goal in the week or the goal we keep watching from Mayor at the top of this page. Grant and Sarcevic driving through the middle with options either side to pull the defenders about is often when we look most exciting. For all the good possession we have, it seems to be wasted far too often trying to get down the outside for a low cross that never comes off or is smothered/cleared at the near post.

I am not saying completely ditch these two aspects of our play, but I think to so stubbornly stick with them makes us predictable and feels like a slightly naive approach to League 2 football.

May 8, 2011
Ade the green":2vz7fntn said:
PMPilgrim":2vz7fntn said:
It isn’t one game.

It’s almost November and we are in mid table mediocrity.

At what point do you take off the green spectacles?

And we were never mid table under Adams.

Not in League 2.

May 16, 2016
PMPilgrim":35iabiu1 said:
It isn’t one game.

Clocks have just gone back. I've had a look and saw that we're 10th, and as it stands, 5 Points off an automatic promotion spot and 13 Points off the solitary relegation one.

Not quite mid Table mediocrity and a long way off getting relegated.

It's not beyond the realms of fantasy to clinch a playoff spot, or, dare I say it, a top 3 spot, and a good time to reflect that losing to a Club that just a week or two ago were apparently of no concern as a worthy rival to us, has not relegated us or definitely denied us promotion and there's another 30 Games to go yet.

One terrible performance and a few bruised egos, we can be better than that surely ? I wont let it define my Season.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":29ojd84m said:
Steve Evans":29ojd84m said:
Definitely got to make changes,obviously.not blaming Palmer at all but it is high time for me that we start playing some of our lads that have been through our youth set up otherwise what is the point.I would start Cooper for Palmer,Aimson for Josh Grant,Randell for Edwards,Mayor for Riley and Lolos for Rudden.I would also have Fletcher ready on the bench.I feel that Mr. Lowe needs to have a frank discussion with his assistants,for me,Mr. Schumacher is all he should need,i would dispense with Mr. Nancekivell and Mr. Wilmott.I think the goalies can "coach " each other in training.I still have no idea what the fine fellow Mr. Nancekivell does.Finally,an old chestnut for me from last season,the players don't look to be in tip top condition.have a word with the strength and conditioning coach please Mr. Lowe.

Same old nonsense as last season. Change the record
Certainly not.This is a discussion forum.I think too many cooks are spoiling the broth.

Mar 8, 2016
It will be a while until josh grant gets a game I would imagine. We need Baxter and Telford back soon and to stay injury free. Rudden can also have a stint on the bench in my opinion.

Jul 12, 2016
Guiri Green":nzdhp0c7 said:
PMPilgrim":nzdhp0c7 said:
It isn’t one game.

Clocks have just gone back. I've had a look and saw that we're 10th, and as it stands, 5 Points off an automatic promotion spot and 13 Points off the solitary relegation one.

It's not beyond the realms of fantasy to clinch a playoff spot, or, dare I say it, a top 3 spot, and a good time to reflect that losing to a Club that just a week or two ago were apparently of no concern as a worthy rival to us, has not relegated us or definitely denied us promotion and there's another 30 Games to go yet.

One terrible performance and a few bruised egos, we can be better than that surely ? I wont let it define my Season.
Clinching a play off position would be wasting our time.These players would bottle it. When the going gets tough these players don't get going.

May 16, 2016
oldage":3s66yt83 said:
Guiri Green":3s66yt83 said:
PMPilgrim":3s66yt83 said:
It isn’t one game.

Clinching a play off position would be wasting our time.These players would bottle it. When the going gets tough these players don't get going.

ST Returns Office being set up as we speak.