Changes for next week | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Changes for next week

May 8, 2011
JannerinCardiff":33p14lf9 said:
Balham_Green":33p14lf9 said:
HC Green":33p14lf9 said:
Ade the green":33p14lf9 said:
PMPilgrim":33p14lf9 said:
It isn’t one game.

It’s almost November and we are in mid table mediocrity.

At what point do you take off the green spectacles?

And we were never mid table under Adams.

Not in League 2.

We were bottom of League 1 though. That was fine I guess.

For 2 seasons in a row..

But we aren’t in League 1 this season so why not compare Adams record in League 2, without the budget and facilities and the luxury of raiding another team for players that the current management team has?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
HC Green":rw7r2qf1 said:
JannerinCardiff":rw7r2qf1 said:
Balham_Green":rw7r2qf1 said:
HC Green":rw7r2qf1 said:
Ade the green":rw7r2qf1 said:
PMPilgrim":rw7r2qf1 said:
It isn’t one game.

It’s almost November and we are in mid table mediocrity.

At what point do you take off the green spectacles?

And we were never mid table under Adams.

Not in League 2.

We were bottom of League 1 though. That was fine I guess.

For 2 seasons in a row..

But we aren’t in League 1 this season so why not compare Adams record in League 2, without the budget and facilities and the luxury of raiding another team for players that the current management team has?

So what you are basically saying is that Mr Adams was a fine basement division manager but no good at a higher level.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
demportdave":2jce7w5z said:
ealinggreen":2jce7w5z said:
I like Rudden and yesterday's result had little to do with him. We rarely got the ball under control and gave the forwards nothing to feed off. Cooper and Edwards in company with Grant were beyond awful. If 2 of your three midfielders are outplayed {Edwards} or lacked heart {Cooper} you have no chance..
Seems that Lowe doesn’t agree with your assessment of Rudden either.

He was the first player to be subbed, and after only 52 minutes; a pretty damning verdict on his performance from the Manager.

Watch the extended highlights, every time the ball is played into Rudden he mis-controls it and sets up another Exeter attack.
We can all make mistakes with assessments - eg your perception that ealing green didn't go to many matches lol

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
memory man":1rvb1e9q said:
demportdave":1rvb1e9q said:
ealinggreen":1rvb1e9q said:
I like Rudden and yesterday's result had little to do with him. We rarely got the ball under control and gave the forwards nothing to feed off. Cooper and Edwards in company with Grant were beyond awful. If 2 of your three midfielders are outplayed {Edwards} or lacked heart {Cooper} you have no chance..
Seems that Lowe doesn’t agree with your assessment of Rudden either.

He was the first player to be subbed, and after only 52 minutes; a pretty damning verdict on his performance from the Manager.

Watch the extended highlights, every time the ball is played into Rudden he mis-controls it and sets up another Exeter attack.
We can all make mistakes with assessments - eg your perception that ealing green didn't go to many matches lol
I asked ealinggreen if he was able to attend regularly because I wondered if he was based in West London and only got to see Argyle occasionally, as is the case with a number of exiled Argyle supporters living away from Plymouth.

Not quite the same as our different perceptions on individual players performances.

I don't rate Rudden but ealinggreen does; it's just a matter of opinion and we all have differing opinions.

Based on the facts, Lowe also thought that Rudden had a pretty poor game on Saturday, hence he was taken off very early. Ealinggreen thought otherwise, but in the final analysis, the only view that matters is that of the Manager.

Jul 3, 2006
I hate the 3-5-2 system. It's a uniquely bad formation that disadvantages us defensively and going forward. The wing backs are left stranded in a permanent no-man's land, too far up the pitch to close down the opposition wingers if they break at speed, but too deep for us to get the ball forward quickly when we're attacking.

The result is that we're vulnerable from crosses, and painfully slow, sideways passing when in possession.

We have plenty of good wide players: Riley, Mcfadzean and Sawyer as full backs. Mayor, Cooper, Moore, J Grant as wide forwards. I think a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 system would produce much better football and results.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
djg145":35v9p2eo said:
Ted":35v9p2eo said:
Certainly interesting that we fell apart without Wootton in the team

Wish we had Paul Wotton in the dressing room - he would have sorted them out!

Yes like he did for the last few games last season up to and including Accrington away, we lost enough goals and points in the three games before Accrington to clinch our relegation! :facepalm:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":292o48af said:
I hate the 3-5-2 system. It's a uniquely bad formation that disadvantages us defensively and going forward. The wing backs are left stranded in a permanent no-man's land, too far up the pitch to close down the opposition wingers if they break at speed, but too deep for us to get the ball forward quickly when we're attacking.

The result is that we're vulnerable from crosses, and painfully slow, sideways passing when in possession.

We have plenty of good wide players: Riley, Mcfadzean and Sawyer as full backs. Mayor, Cooper, Moore, J Grant as wide forwards. I think a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 system would produce much better football and results.

I kind of agree with the criticism of 3-5-2 as a formation and I certainly don't feel it is working well for us at the moment. I have two major gripes. First, we are being consistently overrun in midfield because we are only really playing with one solid midfield player there (Edwards). Secondly, I don't think EITHER wingback is providing anything like enough threat going forwards (and yes, I DO mean McFadzean AS WELL as Riley). I think that for 3-5-2 to work the two wingbacks have to do an incredible amount of work - getting back to defend, getting forward to put in crosses and also helping to provide solidity in midfield. I think Riley is mostly okay defensively but offers very little going forwards and not much in the middle. I think McFadzean flatters to deceive - he gets forward and has put in some crosses and scored a couple(?) of times but I don't think either wingback is producing enough attacking end product. Without that, the whole formation fails because it relies on sacrificing having a proper midfield for that potential threat in wide positions.

I do wonder whether McFadzean could play on the right (he has scored twice with his right foot I think) and then perhaps Cooper could play on the left. I think that would produce more going forwards but it still doesn't solve the issue of us being over-run in the middle (as happened on Saturday). Perhaps if the wingbacks were more effective in using the wide space then the inside forwards (Mayor and Sarcevic) could play a little closer together with Edwards.

But I know nothing really - it's just my instinct.