Changes for next week | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Changes for next week

Jan 24, 2019
philevs":2pc745vy said:
Obviously some changes are needed.
I’d leave out Josh Grant, and I think bring in Cooper as keeper.
What do others think?

The only change should be Josh Grant out for Scott Wootton

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
The Doctor":3duwvj8x said:
demportdave":3duwvj8x said:
ealinggreen":3duwvj8x said:
I like Rudden and yesterday's result had little to do with him. We rarely got the ball under control and gave the forwards nothing to feed off. Cooper and Edwards in company with Grant were beyond awful. If 2 of your three midfielders are outplayed {Edwards} or lacked heart {Cooper} you have no chance..
Based on your PASOTI name, I wonder how many times you have actually seen Rudden play.

He is certainly not a natural goal scorer so he needs to be able to bring other things to the team, as was the case with the likes of Mickey Evans under Sturrock and Ryan Taylor 2 years ago for Adams when he was so pivotal in the purple patch we had between Xmas and Easter that season but without actually scoring very many goals himself.

Having seen all of the games that Rudden has played in I would say that he is quite statuesque and doesn’t work hard enough to get himself into positions to receive the ball, he has quite a poor first touch due to his inability to control the ball even when it is played to feet and for a biggish lad, he is quite easily pushed off the ball. The Exeter lad had him in his pocket for all of the time that he was on the pitch.

The sooner Telford is match fit the better, we need more movement up front and players who can turn defenders and commit them. The Exeter CBs looked like top class defenders yesterday but in reality, they are just journeymen League 2 players who had a very easy time against our front 2.

Rudden statuesque? What utter nonsense. He didn’t do much on Saturday but then who did and there was a hardly a decent forward ball for him to work with in any case, but he is absolutely not statuesque. We’re you at the game against Orient last Tuesday? He was moving pretty much constantly in that game, dropping deep to connect with the midfield and tirelessly running into the channels to provide an outlet from the back. His most impressive asset (so far) has been his movement.

(I agree with you that we need Telford back and I suspect that Rudden will end up on the bench longer term).
Rudden’s a trier alright. He runs back, runs into space, tackles and shows real hunger to succeed. He makes a nuisance of himself ……..but that’s about it from what I’ve seen. Comparisons with Nick Chadwick are pretty obvious. I can’t ever see him as much of a goal scorer, he doesn’t seem to have much of a football brain, his touch is poor to average, his passing is poor to average and his shooting is poor to average. All round he’s OK-ish. I’d love to see him prove me wrong and suddenly blossom – just as I always wanted Nick Chadwick to prove me wrong. But I won’t hold my breath.

To get out of this league I think we’ll need Telford and Baxter to be properly fit for much of the season and a couple of good additions in the transfer window / loans. We’re not far off though – despite the shocker on Saturday.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
HC Green":3psld15u said:
The fact that even after only winning 6 of the 16 games played so far we are just a few points off the promotion places does indicate that there isn’t a consistently good team in the League and that a team going on a winning run will romp the league.

Also critical here is that it is blindingly obvious that we are not doing as well as we could/should be, so although we are in our current position we KNOW that there is a reasonable chance that we can get a lot better quickly.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
philevs":1e0q96co said:
Obviously some changes are needed.
I’d leave out Josh Grant, and I think bring in Cooper as keeper.
What do others think?
Agree with this. Also Mayor in for Riley and then play Cooper on the right, and I'd try Clark and Moore up front.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Doctor":2mogc5zo said:
HC Green":2mogc5zo said:
The fact that even after only winning 6 of the 16 games played so far we are just a few points off the promotion places does indicate that there isn’t a consistently good team in the League and that a team going on a winning run will romp the league.

Also critical here is that it is blindingly obvious that we are not doing as well as we could/should be, so although we are in our current position we KNOW that there is a reasonable chance that we can get a lot better quickly.

This is how I see it. Basically we're playing at around 60% of our potential and (apart from the Exeter game appear to be getting better) still only 7 points off top.

That's all clearly a good thing, as long as we DO indeed get better.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
ealinggreen":tgr2iis4 said:
I like Rudden and yesterday's result had little to do with him. We rarely got the ball under control and gave the forwards nothing to feed off. Cooper and Edwards in company with Grant were beyond awful. If 2 of your three midfielders are outplayed {Edwards} or lacked heart {Cooper} you have no chance..
Seems that Lowe doesn’t agree with your assessment of Rudden either.

He was the first player to be subbed, and after only 52 minutes; a pretty damning verdict on his performance from the Manager.

Watch the extended highlights, every time the ball is played into Rudden he mis-controls it and sets up another Exeter attack.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I reckon Rudden has done ok in the last couple of games up to the Exeter shambles, his running and movement has played an important part in our new longer ball style of play, which strangely wasn't used as much against Exeter.
I think he will start against Grimsby with Byron Moore as back up.

The players who started against Exeter (minus Josh Grant) should be given a chance to redeem themselves, Wottoon should start in place of Grant.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":n0acf0uo said:
HC Green":n0acf0uo said:
Ade the green":n0acf0uo said:
PMPilgrim":n0acf0uo said:
It isn’t one game.

It’s almost November and we are in mid table mediocrity.

At what point do you take off the green spectacles?

And we were never mid table under Adams.

Not in League 2.

We were bottom of League 1 though. That was fine I guess.

For 2 seasons in a row..

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Rudden is a raw youngster but whoever it was who said they’ve been to every home game and their judgement of him is that he is statuesque, has just shown that they’ve no right to question other people based on their user name. Rudden is a real handful and puts himself about. I said on here before that opposition defenders will know that he has been around. Admittedly, his close control leaves a bit to be desired, but to question his effort and commitment is ridiculous. If he’s still in the side at the weekend, I suggest you watch him with your eyes open.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Devongreenowl":6r722s4o said:
Rudden is a raw youngster but whoever it was who said they’ve been to every home game and their judgement of him is that he is statuesque, has just shown that they’ve no right to question other people based on their user name. Rudden is a real handful and puts himself about. I said on here before that opposition defenders will know that he has been around. Admittedly, his close control leaves a bit to be desired, but to question his effort and commitment is ridiculous. If he’s still in the side at the weekend, I suggest you watch him with your eyes open.

Totally agree. One thing Rudden brings is his movement - he may not be hitting the heights at the moment but the boy doesn’t stop being on the move from what I’ve seen.

Dec 3, 2005
Ted":11bmb4j7 said:
Certainly interesting that we fell apart without Wootton in the team

Wish we had Paul Wotton in the dressing room - he would have sorted them out!