Charlton away (sold out) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
davie nine":31ftfm5u said:
Balham_Green":31ftfm5u said:
Argy1e":31ftfm5u said:
Balham_Green":31ftfm5u said:
pafcdje":31ftfm5u said:
If they were further apart I’d agree with you but given its a local derby it would be feasible I’d have thought . However from Wimbledon’s perspective there is no need to rush it as they don’t have a fixture backlog .

No Police stewards catering medical etc all have to be rearranged
There's been a few games postponed this weekend already that are being played on Tuesday so it can't be that big an issue

Which games are those?
The only League 1 game on Tuesday is Walsall v Rochdale and that was postponed a while ago.
I don't know exactly which games they were, but there were definitely a few. Not just league clubs though, fair few non league. They wouldn't have the same issues with policing, but the other issues would still apply.

Sep 13, 2003
Argy1e":3d37tm4b said:
davie nine":3d37tm4b said:
Balham_Green":3d37tm4b said:
Argy1e":3d37tm4b said:
Balham_Green":3d37tm4b said:
pafcdje":3d37tm4b said:
If they were further apart I’d agree with you but given its a local derby it would be feasible I’d have thought . However from Wimbledon’s perspective there is no need to rush it as they don’t have a fixture backlog .

No Police stewards catering medical etc all have to be rearranged
There's been a few games postponed this weekend already that are being played on Tuesday so it can't be that big an issue

Which games are those?
The only League 1 game on Tuesday is Walsall v Rochdale and that was postponed a while ago.
I don't know exactly which games they were, but there were definitely a few. Not just league clubs though, fair few non league. They wouldn't have the same issues with policing, but the other issues would still apply.

Non of the football league games called off on Saturday have been rearranged for today or Wednesday. Wimbledon v Charlton has been rearranged for 10th April.

Jul 29, 2012
With Charlton’s game v Wimbledon rearranged to 10 April , then assuming if as likely our game v Rochdale takes place on 24 April then our game v Charlton if rearranged will take place first week in May between the Rotherham game and Gillingham game .

I guess in some ways that will suit us as I’d assume we would stay over in the South East rather than travel back from Charlton and then back up to Gillingham .

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Clarke_B":2g33642j said:
Non of the football league games called off on Saturday have been rearranged for today or Wednesday. Wimbledon v Charlton has been rearranged for 10th April.
Fair enough, I was sure I'd seen at least one in the league, but I must've misread something somewhere

Jan 3, 2013
I think it will all be resolved one way or another before the Gillingham game. Reckon we'll have Shrewsbury at Wembley......that's what I told their fans in the Wild Pig anyway.......

Jun 2, 2016
area51":34thajv5 said:
I see on Charlton's web page tickets are now on sale for the Argyle game (home fans), would they sell them if the game was going to be postponed?
When will the decision be made?
Currently £100 for a return train ticket to Paddington, it was £60 three weeks ago, notice parking around the ground is at a premium.
:banghead:

When you buy a train ticket, I thought you could add cancellation insurance these days, no ?

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Argy1e":6e7hm4kf said:
Clarke_B":6e7hm4kf said:
Fair enough, I was sure I'd seen at least one in the league, but I must've misread something somewhere

Cheltenham v Notts County was postponed on saturday and is being played tonight.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Charlton have just given an update on their injured players and more importantly on the two players who might have been called up for international duty and both will not return until after our game against Charlton.

Charlton hope to have Mavididi involved with the games over Easter, no doubt Arsenal will have the final say on whether he's fit or not.

Dasilva is recovering from injury back at Chelsea and Charlton expect him back in April or May.

So as things stand Charlton have just Magennis and Konsa who are likely to be called up for international duty.

Our game should go ahead as planned with Charlton missing four first team players.

Link

Charlton also have internal problems with a video from a year ago released today showing current and former players racially abusing Magennis.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Magennis has now picked up an injury and is doubtful for Charlton's game on Saturday.
So it could be just one Charlton player called up for international duty.

PL2 3DQ":25tmsodf said:
Charlton have just given an update on their injured players and more importantly on the two players who might have been called up for international duty and both will not return until after our game against Charlton.

Charlton hope to have Mavididi involved with the games over Easter, no doubt Arsenal will have the final say on whether he's fit or not.

Dasilva is recovering from injury back at Chelsea and Charlton expect him back in April or May.

So as things stand Charlton have just Magennis and Konsa who are likely to be called up for international duty.

Our game should go ahead as planned with Charlton missing four first team players.

Link

Charlton also have internal problems with a video from a year ago released today showing current and former players racially abusing Magennis.

Very welcome news - and perfect timing with tickets going on sale today! On this basis the game will almost certainly be ON. I can't imagine Mavididi will be called up for England U21 if the club are not even predicting him to be back until a week AFTER the international weekend.

Feb 23, 2009
With the match in doubt due to possible International call ups for some Charlton players I'm not sure about ordering tickets as I would not be able to attend a rearranged mid week game .Does anyone know if pay on the day is possible. I see the capacity of the stadium is 27000 so would doubt it would be a sell out?

Tivvygreen":2noiygrq said:
With the match in doubt due to possible International call ups for some Charlton players I'm not sure about ordering tickets as I would not be able to attend a rearranged mid week game .Does anyone know if pay on the day is possible. I see the capacity of the stadium is 27000 so would doubt it would be a sell out?

I visit Charlton a couple of times every season and I've never had a problem with POTD, although I'm not sure about the away end.

Parking is 'orrible. If coming by car you need to aim for the river, where there are some backstreets with parking about a mile or so from the ground. Tube and bus is your best option.

Nov 3, 2006
mervyn":2ce08dbk said:
Tivvygreen":2ce08dbk said:

I visit Charlton a couple of times every season and I've never had a problem with POTD, although I'm not sure about the away end.

Parking is 'orrible. If coming by car you need to aim for the river, where there are some backstreets with parking about a mile or so from the ground. Tube and bus is your best option.

Mainline from London Bridge or DLR to Greenwich and then a bus. Agree with parking comment. Large-ish car park in Greenwich beside Cutty Sark.