Charlton away (sold out) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Sep 13, 2003
Sam Barker":3c22levu said:
Born green":3c22levu said:
Can anyone tell me when's the date is going to be confirmed? Want to book train tickets if it's on the Saturday.

Up to nine days before.

Massive boost to us if they can’t get it called off. They’d potentially be without three first choice players.

I don't think we should fear them whatever team they put out. In fact would rather they had their strongest team on the pitch, then there would be no post match excuses from Karl Robinson.

Sep 28, 2003
London
HongKongGreen":3w4fv9mn said:
Green_Flash":3w4fv9mn said:
If we win the next couple of games, I can see demand for this game being 5,000 plus.

What's the away capacity at The Valley? I think I heard 3,000 somewhere?

Correct, around that. I was in there for their game against Truro a few months back, it's big but we'll definitely fill it if the run continues and the game's on a Saturday.

Andy Holland":qb5yzntm said:
HongKongGreen":qb5yzntm said:
Green_Flash":qb5yzntm said:
If we win the next couple of games, I can see demand for this game being 5,000 plus.

What's the away capacity at The Valley? I think I heard 3,000 somewhere?

Correct, around that. I was in there for their game against Truro a few months back, it's big but we'll definitely fill it if the run continues and the game's on a Saturday.

Thanks Andy. Yes I agree, if we still have a shot at the playoffs I imagine we will sell out the away end comfortably. We always take a good following to games in the London area, combined with the fact Valley Parade is a 'proper' ground we haven't visited since 2011, and the added carrot of a playoff place up for grabs, expect this one to be a golden ticket!

Fantastic news (for us at least!) that a couple of the Charlton internationals are out injured - means I can start making more concrete plans now!

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
I’ve just seen this on Twitter:

@Saunders-Smith:
Potential play-off boost for #pafc - two first team regulars and good players (Kashi in particular imo) could be out for the season. On top of that, Dasilva injured means Charlton would only have two international call ups and so be unable to postpone our fixture against them.

He quoted the following from a close source to CAFC:

@RichardCawleySLP:
Suggestion is that both Kashi and Dasilva could be out for the rest of the season. Both been regulars in the side. #cafc

Nov 3, 2006
Charlton, unfortunately, appear to have at least some degree of confidence that they may be able to get the game postponed due to international call-ups.

Paul H":2kyq1cur said:
Charlton, unfortunately, appear to have at least some degree of confidence that they may be able to get the game postponed due to international call-ups.
This is an interesting one. Karl Robinson has come out saying he is desperate to play the Wimbledon game to avoid a backlog of fixtures, but then goes on to be quite hopeful he can get the game against Argyle called off, talking up the chances of Mavididi being back in time! Now I can't really blame him, if I was the Charlton manager I wouldn't fancy playing us at the moment, but he comes across as slightly hypocritical when 'hoping' he can postpone our game here:

Charlton are “desperate” to play AFC Wimbledon on Saturday, according to Karl Robinson. The game is under threat with more snow expected in south London for the rest of the week.

The Plymouth clash falls on an international weekend in March - and Charlton could postpone it if Josh Magennis (Northern Ireland), Ezri Konsa (England Under-20s) and the returning Stephy Mavididi (England Under-20s) receive call-ups. It means the Addicks could have several games in hand in the latter stages of the season, something which Robinson wants to avoid.

The Valley boss told News Shopper: “By the Plymouth game, Stephy might be back fit. So we just have to wait and see. We think he’s two to three weeks away. He’s started running outside this week and we’ll see where he’s at with that. He won’t be too far away."

“We’re desperate for the AFC Wimbledon game to be on. There’s a probability that the Plymouth game could be called off as well.

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Also, Pompey took 4,000 to The Valley earlier on the season so I think, if the demand is there, we’ll be given part of the side-stand too.

Forest of Dean Green":3hypfcvk said:
Do we know when we will know if this is on? There must be a date where that must be confirmed
Apparently Charlton's match against Shrewsbury back in November was called off with only 9 days notice. It all hinges on when the International teams call up their players - for us it will depend on when England U20 announce their squad to face Poland U20 on 22/03/18 and Portugal U20 on 27/03/18.

As Dasilva (England U20) is out well beyond the Argyle game, it will be contingent on the fitness of Stephy Mavididi (England U20). On February 8th Charlton announced he would be out with a hamstring for 8 weeks (5th April 2018). As of yesterday, according to Charlton: “Stephy Mavididi could return to action for Charlton’s trip to Northampton Town on Friday, March 30 (one week after Argyle are due to play them). The forward is continuing to progress well with his hamstring rehabilitation at Arsenal and is due to commence his running progressions at the end of this week."

I can't imagine England U20 will call up Mavididi if he hasn't played a game of competitive football for 2 months, unless Karl Robinson can pull some strings to make sure he's on the plane to Poland to warm the bench and postpone the Argyle game. If they get the match postponed, they can replay us with Josh Magennis back from Northern Ireland, Ezri Konsa back from England U20s and Dasilva, arguably one of their best players this season, back from injury.

Nov 3, 2006
Any London Green will tell you that Wimbledon won't be happening this weekend unless somebody drops a H-bomb. And even then it's doubtful!

Sep 28, 2003
London
Forest of Dean Green":122vzncz said:
Do we know when we will know if this is on? There must be a date where that must be confirmed

...as always, consideration for match-going fans will be the last thing the FA give a shi*t about.

It doesn't affect me personally as I live in Greenwich, but consideration for thousands of travelling fans needing to book trains and hotels won't occur to anyone involved in moving this game. :thumbdown:

May 8, 2011
Andy Holland":3jikq9rx said:
Forest of Dean Green":3jikq9rx said:

...as always, consideration for match-going fans will be the last thing the FA give a shi*t about.

It doesn't affect me personally as I live in Greenwich, but consideration for thousands of travelling fans needing to book trains and hotels won't occur to anyone involved in moving this game. :thumbdown:

Once the international squads are announced, a Club has to put a request to the EFL to have the game postponed, so it should be between 9 and 13 days before the match.