Charlton away (sold out) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Oct 16, 2016
Sam Barker":33u0ztiu said:
Shankster":33u0ztiu said:
Shocking way to treat fans this, travel/ accommodation is so much cheaper if booked well in advance, particularly when London related. Super off peak is already £110 on the rattler

The thing is the clubs involved don’t know who is getting called up by their country until the announcement is made by the international teams. Shocking yes, but nothing the clubs or EFL can do about it.

Certainly not laying any blame at the clubs, international football for many now is obsolete particularly fans of the so called ‘larger’ clubs, I tend to agree, I have no passion for country at all, international football should work around club football

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Just done a bit of research. Charlton’s internationals are Ezri Konsa, Jay Dasilva and Josh Magennis. First two are England U20 regulars and Magennis is part of Northern Ireland’s squad. All three started for Charlton yesterday.

England U20’s and NI both have fixtures over the weekend of Charlton away.

All three were called up in November which saw Charltons game at Shrewsbury on the 11th called off on the 2nd.

With the form we’re in there’s no way Charlton will want to play what could be a huge game without three starters when they get it off.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Charlton are advertising tickets for this match for home fans. They might have been on sale all season, just like tickets at Home Park for home fans, but the Charlton official website today advertised the match. We'll see.

Link

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
PL2 3DQ":3eihf94p said:
Charlton are advertising tickets for this match for home fans. They might have been on sale all season, just like tickets at Home Park for home fans, but the Charlton official website today advertised the match. We'll see.

Link
Would be stupid if they didn't. If they for some reason don't get the international call ups and haven't advertised the game anywhere it probably wouldn't go very well.

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
(As an aside) am I reading that correctly? £17 for adults & £11 for over65s seemed unusually cheap, then I read “ £5 for this Saturdays Shrewsbury match”!
Is it just a “ caution to the wind” “boost the crowd, for the play-off push” attempt?

Jul 19, 2014
Ray_Stidwell":k5u4djdb said:
(As an aside) am I reading that correctly? £17 for adults & £11 for over65s seemed unusually cheap, then I read “ £5 for this Saturdays Shrewsbury match”!
Is it just a “ caution to the wind” “boost the crowd, for the play-off push” attempt?

All tickets for Charlton's home game vs Shrewsbury tomorrow cost £5. It's a promotion they do once every season, "Football for a Fiver". I've been along a couple of times as I live in London.

I'll be there tomorrow with another Green too, we were just going for an afternoon out, but now the game has become quite important for Argyle too. Will be hopping for an away win and just have to keep our mouths shut!

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Yes I've also been for a fiver before....with my son and grandson who are Charlton fans.....grandson was a mascot a few years back...had an article about him in the magazine. Walked on with Yoni Buyens who scored two goals in a 3-2 win against Reading...well chuffed.....not Argyle I know...but his local team so great on him.

Mar 10, 2007
It's my big 4-0 that weekend. Been looking forward to this since fixtures came out. Really hope it does not get postponed.

Sep 13, 2003
Good news....Dasilva of Charlton is likely to miss the season (well not good news for him or Charlton - but you know what I mean) which all means that Charlton only two fit international players now. Someone posted earlier in this thread about a player called Maividi..this player doesn't exist ! All systems go for March then.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/chel ... -athletic/

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Clarke_B":2jelfbgs said:
Good news....Dasilva of Charlton is likely to miss the season (well not good news for him or Charlton - but you know what I mean) which all means that Charlton only two fit international players now. Someone posted earlier in this thread about a player called Maividi..this player doesn't exist ! All systems go for March then.

Stephy Mavididi very much does exist. He's on loan at Charlton from Arsenal and is an England youth international. However, he has a hamstring injury at the moment and isn't due back before we play Charlton.

Sep 13, 2003
Argy1e":vil9c7g3 said:
Clarke_B":vil9c7g3 said:

Stephy Mavididi very much does exist. He's on loan at Charlton from Arsenal and is an England youth international. However, he has a hamstring injury at the moment and isn't due back before we play Charlton.

Ah right. Whoever mentioned his name earlier spelt it wrong....I just copy and pasted it and Google didn't throw up any matches.

Apr 1, 2017
Can anyone tell me when's the date is going to be confirmed? Want to book train tickets if it's on the Saturday.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Born green":4yb7p49a said:
Can anyone tell me when's the date is going to be confirmed? Want to book train tickets if it's on the Saturday.

Up to nine days before.

Massive boost to us if they can’t get it called off. They’d potentially be without three first choice players.