Charlton away (sold out) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Jul 29, 2012
With Charlton ‘s game at Wimbledon called off it will be interesting to see when it is rescheduled as this will have a direct result on when we would play them if our game is postponed.

Given how local they are to each other there would be some sense in rearranging to this Tuesday. If they don’t take that option then to play in March is a compromise - 13 March they are playing Blackpool, 20 March the international break applies if they use that option ( can they choose to play that game but not us 4 days later ) , 27 March ( same point re internationals plus only 2 days break till next game .

If it goes to April then - they have 2 free Tuesdays- 10 and 24 . If they go for the 10th ( Wimbledon have no fixture issues) that will mean our game ( if postponed) will be played on 1/2 May as we will almost certainly be playing Rochdale on 24 April
. If they opt for 24 April to play Wimbledon, then we will be playing 10 April meaning they are playing Saturday/ Tuesday throughout April .

Sep 6, 2006
pafcdje":l761u1jb said:
With Charlton ‘s game at Wimbledon called off it will be interesting to see when it is rescheduled as this will have a direct result on when we would play them if our game is postponed.

Given how local they are to each other there would be some sense in rearranging to this Tuesday. If they don’t take that option then to play in March is a compromise - 13 March they are playing Blackpool, 20 March the international break applies if they use that option ( can they choose to play that game but not us 4 days later ) , 27 March ( same point re internationals plus only 2 days break till next game .

If it goes to April then - they have 2 free Tuesdays- 10 and 24 . If they go for the 10th ( Wimbledon have no fixture issues) that will mean our game ( if postponed) will be played on 1/2 May as we will almost certainly be playing Rochdale on 24 April
. If they opt for 24 April to play Wimbledon, then we will be playing 10 April meaning they are playing Saturday/ Tuesday throughout April .

Can't see how they would rearrange for this Tuesday. Not just a case of turning up and jumpers for goal posts.

Jul 29, 2012
If they were further apart I’d agree with you but given its a local derby it would be feasible I’d have thought . However from Wimbledon’s perspective there is no need to rush it as they don’t have a fixture backlog .

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
HC Green":2c3qp2c3 said:
Andy Holland":2c3qp2c3 said:
Forest of Dean Green":2c3qp2c3 said:
Do we know when we will know if this is on? There must be a date where that must be confirmed

...as always, consideration for match-going fans will be the last thing the FA give a shi*t about.

It doesn't affect me personally as I live in Greenwich, but consideration for thousands of travelling fans needing to book trains and hotels won't occur to anyone involved in moving this game. :thumbdown:

Once the international squads are announced, a Club has to put a request to the EFL to have the game postponed, so it should be between 9 and 13 days before the match.
But it could be less. Players pull out of international squads and replacements get called up which would allow a side to call a game off. In theory they could call it off a couple of days before the match

Sep 6, 2006
pafcdje":2jatak2y said:
If they were further apart I’d agree with you but given its a local derby it would be feasible I’d have thought . However from Wimbledon’s perspective there is no need to rush it as they don’t have a fixture backlog .

No Police stewards catering medical etc all have to be rearranged

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Balham_Green":2nicg0zb said:
pafcdje":2nicg0zb said:

There's been a few games postponed this weekend already that are being played on Tuesday so it can't be that big an issue

Sep 13, 2003
Argy1e":25i3p9lr said:
Balham_Green":25i3p9lr said:
pafcdje":25i3p9lr said:

There's been a few games postponed this weekend already that are being played on Tuesday so it can't be that big an issue

Wimbledon v Charlton won't be one of those fixtures due to the level of policing it will need. It kicked off there last season, due to Robinson's MK connection.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Clarke_B":3nozaxnn said:
Argy1e":3nozaxnn said:
Balham_Green":3nozaxnn said:
pafcdje":3nozaxnn said:

Wimbledon v Charlton won't be one of those fixtures due to the level of policing it will need. It kicked off there last season, due to Robinson's MK connection.
Completely forgot he was there!

Sep 6, 2006
Argy1e":2cm2vvac said:
Balham_Green":2cm2vvac said:
pafcdje":2cm2vvac said:

Which games are those?

May 3, 2016
I see on Charlton's web page tickets are now on sale for the Argyle game (home fans), would they sell them if the game was going to be postponed?
When will the decision be made?
Currently £100 for a return train ticket to Paddington, it was £60 three weeks ago, notice parking around the ground is at a premium.
:banghead:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Balham_Green":capgkm2l said:
Argy1e":capgkm2l said:
Balham_Green":capgkm2l said:
pafcdje":capgkm2l said:

Which games are those?
The only League 1 game on Tuesday is Walsall v Rochdale and that was postponed a while ago.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
area51":19nsnhm2 said:
I see on Charlton's web page tickets are now on sale for the Argyle game (home fans), would they sell them if the game was going to be postponed?
When will the decision be made?
Currently £100 for a return train ticket to Paddington, it was £60 three weeks ago, notice parking around the ground is at a premium.
:banghead:

International squads haven’t been announced yet so nobody knows either way until at least then. Charlton as it stands can only have 2 players called up due to injury but it does seem like they’re hoping a player that is currently injured might be still be called up as he’s due to be back to fitness by the end of March.

It all hinges on that player, who has been injured for a while, getting a call up. If he does that’ll make three and Charlton will jump at the chance to get it off. In that case they can postpone up to nine days before the fixture. Unofficially we’ll know once the international call ups are announced though. If Charlton only have 2 then it’s game on. Any higher then it’ll be off.

Argyle not having any tickets on sale yet is odd though. I fancy they’re leaving it as late as possible so they don’t end up having to deal with potentially four figures worth of returns.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Apart from the Tuesday 27th March which is before the good Friday games, Charlton have only actually got the last two Tuesdays of the season free. Exactly the same as Rochdale. Could be a busy last few weeks...

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Argyle usually sell tickets for away games 14 to 18 days before the match, so sometime this week they should go on sale.

The international team may decide not to select a player who is only just coming back from injury.

Sep 13, 2003
PL2 3DQ":2hbipxxd said:
Argyle usually sell tickets for away games 14 to 18 days before the match, so sometime this week they should go on sale.

The international team may decide not to select a player who is only just coming back from injury.

How can you sell tickets for a game which is in doubt ? I imagine Argyle are holding on with ticket details until the international squads are decided.