Charlton away (sold out) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

May 8, 2011
liamkite1":2afzffby said:
Any news on whether the game is going ahead yet?

There will be no decision until the international squads are announced, as mentioned above this won’t be until 10-14 days before the match.

A

ArgyleAndy

Quotes from Karl Robinson last time they postponed a match due to international call-ups suggest it could come down to injuries...

Robinson said: “We have Mark Marshall and Ben Reeves coming back. We have a behind closed doors game on Tuesday. We have a match behind closed doors game on Saturday planned and one on Monday.

“So by two weeks Saturday, we’ll have two players who have been out for a long period of time, and Lewis Page who would've played three games in that period of time.

“And when we play against Doncaster, we’ll have Reevesey and Marshy almost fit to start, Josh Magennis and Jay Dasilva back, Ezri Konsa back and one player, who we may be out against Fleetwood, back.

“So you've got a six-player swing, who we can select to start, who we can’t select to start for next Saturday.

“I hate it. I don't want to not play. I don't want the build-up we had last year, we can’t do that. But it’s about the end-game and not about the short-term aspect of it.”

Jan 6, 2004
Now shaping up to be the game of the season - realistically we will probably need to win this to reach the play offs. Hope they have a large away end...

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
And all the more reason to hope it doesn’t get postponed; the Green Army number would presumably be less on a Tuesday evening

Jul 12, 2004
I have to disagree. I am hoping that the Easter Monday match at Scunthorpe will be more significant. We stand a good chance of catching and, hopefully, overtaking them.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
It's nice to get excited, but I think we've got to calm down a little at the moment. If Charlton win both of their games in hand then we're six points off the play-offs. The current table is a little misleading.

H

handbags blake

We do have to stay calm but as we have yet to play Charlton yet we could be only 3 points behind them if they win both their games in hand. Of course this means we have to keep up our recent form but why not hope that we do.COYG

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
And those two postponed games are away to Shrewsbury & Blackpool, neither “ breezes” I would say nor made any easier on a Tuesday night, when less travelling fans are likely.
(Charlton have played the same number of home games as us.)

Good point again by Bonzo, Scunthorpe’s total point possibility( being 6 more than us) is one less than Charlton’s.
And indeed The Gas could do us a favour next Saturday at their ground, whose pitch, by the way, a Gas friend ensures me is in a “worse state than ever”.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
loveargyles":rtjicjrn said:
So when will we know for sure if this is going to be re arranged?
I want to be able to confidently get train tickets booked.

Was told yesterday the decision to postpone it can be made as close as nine days before the fixture.

I certainly wouldn’t recommend booking anything you can’t get refunded for a while yet.

Oct 16, 2016
Shocking way to treat fans this, travel/ accommodation is so much cheaper if booked well in advance, particularly when London related. Super off peak is already £110 on the rattler

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Shankster":14ffx9ng said:
Shocking way to treat fans this, travel/ accommodation is so much cheaper if booked well in advance, particularly when London related. Super off peak is already £110 on the rattler

The thing is the clubs involved don’t know who is getting called up by their country until the announcement is made by the international teams. Shocking yes, but nothing the clubs or EFL can do about it.