Club Statement on abuse of staff | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

Sep 6, 2006
Kentishgreen":3fj2ite3 said:
Sorry but I think it’s quite clear. If you shout out in the course of a game this is an effing shambles you’ll probably get away with it unless you’re standing next to a steward or police officer or someone with a small child who takes offence at your language.

If however you jostle your way in a threatening manner to the players tunnel and hurl verbal abuse at a particular person who hears it and is offended then provided you can be identified you’re in deep doo doo.

But I’m not a lawyer so my view maybe right or it maybe wrong in the eyes of the law. But I know in accordance with my standards it’s not right. Of course other people have other standards and if they want to risk it it’s up to them.

We have all been warned. If you want to disregard the warning that’s up to you. Just don’t stand/ sit next to me. I prefer the football to do the talking rather than some foul mouthed oaf.

Perhaps you should go to the opera

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Kentishgreen":1hvm9sm9 said:
Sorry but I think it’s quite clear. If you shout out in the course of a game this is an effing shambles you’ll probably get away with it unless you’re standing next to a steward or police officer or someone with a small child who takes offence at your language.

If however you jostle your way in a threatening manner to the players tunnel and hurl verbal abuse at a particular person who hears it and is offended then provided you can be identified you’re in deep doo doo.

But I’m not a lawyer so my view maybe right or it maybe wrong in the eyes of the law. But I know in accordance with my standards it’s not right. Of course other people have other standards and if they want to risk it it’s up to them.

We have all been warned. If you want to disregard the warning that’s up to you. Just don’t stand/ sit next to me. I prefer the football to do the talking rather than some foul mouthed oaf.
Where do you sit at Home Park?
Just so that I know to avoid that area.

Aug 5, 2015
Wherever I can get a seat. Never got round to having a season ticket. The good old days were the best when you could move around the ground. Being nailed down in one place can be a trial.

Apr 29, 2016
I can curse with the best of them and I’m far from a prude but sat in block 6 on Saturday there was a guy sat behind us next to his wife and perhaps 10 year old daughter that used continual bad language and in a very agressive manner. In each sentence he effed and blinded at least twice. His daughter even tried to get him to shut up to no avail.

Aug 5, 2015
Yes if you’re near someone like that it can ruin it for you. The odd ribald comment and even “this is an effing shambles “ is fine but to have some prat constantly foul mouthing in your ear is beyond a joke. Perhaps we can have a swearing area where all these jerks can sit and have a competition with each other regardless of what’s happening on the pitch

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Andy_S":2xq4wizy said:
(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—
(a)uses threatening [or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [or abusive],within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.
(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the other person is also inside that or another dwelling.

Section 5 Public Order Act 1986

On first offence, a warning is issued.

Any subsequent offence is an arrestable offence and is punishable by a fine.

In the good old days, it was referred to as a Breach of the Peace and I have had many a pleasant Saturday evening locking people up for BoP.
You'll have to invite DA round to your house Bristol Rich. :lol:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think there’s an unwritten rule that general swearing is pretty acceptable at a football game. It’s when it’s directed consistently in an abusive rather than light-hearted or angry way that it becomes a problem.

I recently had someone behind me just constantly (every 30 seconds or so) shout with spittle coming from his mouth ‘you’re a c**t’ at the ref for about 10 minutes after a decision. That’s just ridiculous, and I just had to have a word because it was too much.

On the other hand, the 20 minute long ‘f**k off Holloway, woah woah woah, f**k off Holloway’ at Leicester after he left was possibly the best atmosphere I’ve ever been in.

It’s all about context. And booing, let alone directing abuse at your OWN players and manager, beggars belief to me.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":2wij5hzw said:
Yes if you’re near someone like that it can ruin it for you. The odd ribald comment and even “this is an effing shambles “ is fine but to have some prat constantly foul mouthing in your ear is beyond a joke. Perhaps we can have a swearing area where all these jerks can sit and have a competition with each other regardless of what’s happening on the pitch

You see actually I agree with you there. I wouldn't advocate swearing for 90 mins either and certainly not in front of young kids.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Kentishgreen":3ukrldbe said:
Wherever I can get a seat. Never got round to having a season ticket. The good old days were the best when you could move around the ground. Being nailed down in one place can be a trial.
All due respect, I'd stay away from block 14 if I were you.

Jan 6, 2007
I sit in block 14, never mind all the swearing it doesn't bother me to be honest. What bugs me is the bloke in the centre of the block who doesn't shut up, never swears, but constantly and loudly giving his opinion on every player, passage of play, his reasons why we're poor or good, the ref...etc... Frankly he is getting right up my hoop, I reckon it's a matter of time before someone tells him to STFU, hopefully it's not me lol. I wouldn't mind but he's talking absolute rubbish!!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Mark Jenkin":lkjzhpqj said:
I sit in block 14, never mind all the swearing it doesn't bother me to be honest. What bugs me is the bloke in the centre of the block who doesn't shut up, never swears, but constantly and loudly giving his opinion on every player, passage of play, his reasons why we're poor or good, the ref...etc... Frankly he is getting right up my hoop, I reckon it's a matter of time before someone tells him to STFU, hopefully it's not me lol. I wouldn't mind but he's talking absolute rubbish!!
If he doesn't swear then it's not me then!