Club Statement on abuse of staff | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

Aug 5, 2015
So why do employers put up notices saying they will not tolerate verbal or physical abuse of their staff? Do it just for fun do they?

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":1f04fkrk said:
So why do employers put up notices saying they will not tolerate verbal or physical abuse of their staff? Do it just for fun do they?

Because calling something an effing shambles is not the same as calling someone a c$%t. It's not hard to differentiate.

Aug 5, 2015
Looks like a lot of people are unable to differentiate though. Anyway there’s a match going on - much more important

Feb 2, 2007
DA and the club have done a seige mentality job here. And it's paid off.

Whatever works we need the points. Keep the siege going...

Dec 21, 2015
Bristol Rich":3rotgc8z said:
Don't_Panic":3rotgc8z said:
Charles.plym":3rotgc8z said:
Don't_Panic":3rotgc8z said:
Bristol Rich":3rotgc8z said:
Kentishgreen":3rotgc8z said:
So are you saying it’s fine to tell the manager of Tesco to eff off?

If I'd invested a lot of time and money going to to Tescos 20 times and for 18 times it has been a total shambles due to the manager in charge who arrogantly dismissed any criticism and just harped on about his previous record yes I would tell him it's an effing shambles.

No you’d probably mutter it under your breath whilst walking out, but if you did say it to their face you’d be asked to leave & then removed if you still were abusive, if you did that to me where I worked I certainly wouldn’t be very polite back, customers can only get away with so much.
Id have a lot more respect for lord adams if he had just told the abusive fans to flip off, instead of bleating to anyone who will listen. The guy firmly believes he is above critic. And for that reason.
Im out until he goes.
Just to be clear I’m not an Adams fan, if he goes I won’t be upset & if we lose tonight somehow this relationship needs to end, I just don’t think OTT personal abuse is ever acceptable.

Calling it an effing shambles is not illegal neither is it personal abuse. Swearing isn't a criminal act.

swearing in public is a breach of sec.5 of the Public Order Act 1986

Oct 5, 2013
swearing in public is a breach of sec.5 of the Public Order Act 1986[/quote]

Hello there, are you able to quote what the Act says, please?
Not the case that swearing is a breach of it, according to my research.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—
(a)uses threatening [or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [or abusive],within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.
(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the other person is also inside that or another dwelling.

Section 5 Public Order Act 1986

On first offence, a warning is issued.

Any subsequent offence is an arrestable offence and is punishable by a fine.

In the good old days, it was referred to as a Breach of the Peace and I have had many a pleasant Saturday evening locking people up for BoP.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Kentishgreen":2onevy8n said:
I must learn to type faster. Thanks Andy.

I learned to type faster when doing all the Court Reports for the Breaches of The Peace and it helped that I could just about remember the exact wording for the Act.

:lol:

Jan 31, 2005
South Devon
www.pafc.co.uk
Andy_S":1bkokpsw said:
(1)A person is guilty of an offence if he—
(a)uses threatening [or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [or abusive],within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby.
(2)An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, by a person inside a dwelling and the other person is also inside that or another dwelling.

Section 5 Public Order Act 1986

On first offence, a warning is issued.

Any subsequent offence is an arrestable offence and is punishable by a fine.

In the good old days, it was referred to as a Breach of the Peace and I have had many a pleasant Saturday evening locking people up for BoP.

Not quite Andy.

Swearing in a public or private place (but not in/from, & to a person in, a dwelling) does not automatically mean a S5POA offence is complete. Indeed case law has tightened this up over the past few years.

The requirement to warn was attached to the original statutory power of arrest, but the offence itself could be complete at point of the first instance of harassment, alarm or distress occurring. A police officer could only report at this point though (unless other arrest criteria presented).

That said, it’s largely a redundant point as the SOCAP Act repealed this power of arrest, so now s24 PACE applies.

Oh, & although in chief a tool of last resort now, the Common Law Breach of the Peace offence endures....

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":1nw9j3qr said:
I must learn to type faster. Thanks Andy.

Again as the act says, swearing is not illegal. There is not a CPS in the land that would waste it's time trying to get a conviction for calling something an effing shambles.

It might be course, rude or blunt but that is a matter of opinion based on the person's and the situation.

Aug 5, 2015
Sorry but I think it’s quite clear. If you shout out in the course of a game this is an effing shambles you’ll probably get away with it unless you’re standing next to a steward or police officer or someone with a small child who takes offence at your language.

If however you jostle your way in a threatening manner to the players tunnel and hurl verbal abuse at a particular person who hears it and is offended then provided you can be identified you’re in deep doo doo.

But I’m not a lawyer so my view maybe right or it maybe wrong in the eyes of the law. But I know in accordance with my standards it’s not right. Of course other people have other standards and if they want to risk it it’s up to them.

We have all been warned. If you want to disregard the warning that’s up to you. Just don’t stand/ sit next to me. I prefer the football to do the talking rather than some foul mouthed oaf.