Club Statement on abuse of staff | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

Aug 13, 2011
They've made a mistake having it broadcast on TV etc. This grossly exaggerates the issue. The ones who threw coins or spat should be banned. This is not a general problem with general fans. That is two way. The position at the bottom of the league is equally intolerable to any shouts of abuse. Argyle ought to take a look at what they are serving up before addressing the fans in general. Identify and isolate the thugs, problem solved. No need for Club statements. The only statements should be being made in Court. If they want less moaning then pull their fingers out and provide an attractive product for paying fans.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Just seen this statement.

Not the greatest rallying cry before an important game from which 3 points are desperately needed. The club and fan base need to be united now, I am not sure this will help that process.

Guess 3 points tonight and this will all be forgotten for now.

Aug 13, 2011
Tbh I think Argyle fans have been by and large quite saintly. I have often sat there commenting... '' I can't believe our fans are so passive given how bad this is". I mean hardly getting out their own half for 15 - 20 mins at a time. It's a nonsense as they have been incredibly tolerant. They ought to isolate the trouble makers. End of.

Mar 21, 2013
Bristol Rich":5dvtzuz5 said:
Kentishgreen":5dvtzuz5 said:
So are you saying it’s fine to tell the manager of Tesco to eff off?

If I'd invested a lot of time and money going to to Tescos 20 times and for 18 times it has been a total shambles due to the manager in charge who arrogantly dismissed any criticism and just harped on about his previous record yes I would tell him it's an effing shambles.

No you’d probably mutter it under your breath whilst walking out, but if you did say it to their face you’d be asked to leave & then removed if you still were abusive, if you did that to me where I worked I certainly wouldn’t be very polite back, customers can only get away with so much.

gariboldi":2b7vbw49 said:
They've made a mistake having it broadcast on TV etc. This grossly exaggerates the issue. The ones who threw coins or spat should be banned. This is not a general problem with general fans. That is two way. The position at the bottom of the league is equally intolerable to any shouts of abuse. Argyle ought to take a look at what they are serving up before addressing the fans in general. Identify and isolate the thugs, problem solved. No need for Club statements. The only statements should be being made in Court. If they want less moaning then pull their fingers out and provide an attractive product for paying fans.

Has it been proven there was spitting and coin throwing? I was as close as you can get to the tunnel, and saw nothing out of order, apart from one young guy who was ushered away by the steward. From what I saw, except the above mentioned there was no actions that over stepped the mark, that I witnessed.

Apr 9, 2011
Spotlight all over it tonight surprise surprise delighted to have the chance for a pop at Argo, only thing missing was Nat , talk about inflaming the situation

Aug 5, 2015
I think there’s a difference between complaining and being abusive. Complaints have to be dealt with. No one should have to deal with abuse

C

Charles Plym

Don't_Panic":1vp2uw6u said:
Bristol Rich":1vp2uw6u said:
Kentishgreen":1vp2uw6u said:

If I'd invested a lot of time and money going to to Tescos 20 times and for 18 times it has been a total shambles due to the manager in charge who arrogantly dismissed any criticism and just harped on about his previous record yes I would tell him it's an effing shambles.

No you’d probably mutter it under your breath whilst walking out, but if you did say it to their face you’d be asked to leave & then removed if you still were abusive, if you did that to me where I worked I certainly wouldn’t be very polite back, customers can only get away with so much.
Id have a lot more respect for lord adams if he had just told the abusive fans to fudge off, instead of bleating to anyone who will listen. The guy firmly believes he is above critic. And for that reason.
Im out until he goes.

Mar 21, 2013
Charles.plym":zdp16tdc said:
Don't_Panic":zdp16tdc said:
Bristol Rich":zdp16tdc said:
Kentishgreen":zdp16tdc said:

Id have a lot more respect for lord adams if he had just told the abusive fans to flip off, instead of bleating to anyone who will listen. The guy firmly believes he is above critic. And for that reason.
Im out until he goes.
Just to be clear I’m not an Adams fan, if he goes I won’t be upset & if we lose tonight somehow this relationship needs to end, I just don’t think OTT personal abuse is ever acceptable.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
arrythewurzel":6tniir2h said:
The fan v club relationship feels a bit like a marriage that’s gone off the rails and one side has felt it necessary to send a solicitors letter to the other spouse regarding their conduct. Feels like we may be heading towards a divorce based upon irreconcilable differences. Very sad.
Spot on - good analogy

Aug 2, 2011
I left on the whistle did not hang around so I do not know what was shouted/said by the fans aroind the player exit point. If any of the behaviour was like that of a fan who sits near me and was taken to one side and cautioned by the stewards a couple of weeks ago then it is unacceptable.

Screaming abuse will not solve anything and in all probability will worsen the situation. The answer is not to turn up whilst it may not resolve the performance at least it hits the club where it hurts most and highlights the problems to the managerial team and board

I will not attend the gillingham game as a small gesture of anger at the performances of well paid players, coaches amd manager.

May 1, 2011
Don't_Panic":15tzpsr8 said:
Charles.plym":15tzpsr8 said:
Don't_Panic":15tzpsr8 said:
Bristol Rich":15tzpsr8 said:
Kentishgreen":15tzpsr8 said:

Id have a lot more respect for lord adams if he had just told the abusive fans to flip off, instead of bleating to anyone who will listen. The guy firmly believes he is above critic. And for that reason.
Im out until he goes.
Just to be clear I’m not an Adams fan, if he goes I won’t be upset & if we lose tonight somehow this relationship needs to end, I just don’t think OTT personal abuse is ever acceptable.

Calling it an effing shambles is not illegal neither is it personal abuse. Swearing isn't a criminal act.

Aug 5, 2015
Maybe not but if it offends someone else and it gets reported to the powers that be and they act on it then you could be in a spot of bother. And if you swear at someone they’re entitled to call you out for it

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":1pmwgs7n said:
Maybe not but if it offends someone else and it gets reported to the powers that be and they act on it then you could be in a spot of bother. And if you swear at someone they’re entitled to call you out for it

Legally incorrect. Do your homework.