Club Statement on abuse of staff | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

Dec 21, 2015
SwimWithTheTide":o1gf3y5t said:
TonyD":o1gf3y5t said:
SwimWithTheTide":o1gf3y5t said:
Green_Flash":o1gf3y5t said:
The club and manager need to grow up. If you conduct your business in front of 10,000 football fans you are going to enjoy more vocal adoration than most professions when things go right but you are also going to take more stick when things go wrong. Any name calling of Adams outside the stadium is out of order. However before during and immediately after a game if you do badly you are going to get stick - and yes that might involve the odd bit of bad language. Some may take it too far, but most people involved in football rise above this, it comes with the territory.

Well said. I cannot believe there are people on this forum comparing going to Home Park with Tesco.

Is the "ooooooh, your poo ahhhhhh" shout acceptable before the opposition keeper takes a goal kick or should stewards be aggressively monitoring such oathish expression?

so your saying racism, intimidation, victimisation or harassment is ok as long as its only done inside home park .... Unbelievable :facepalm:

How dare you suggest that. Genuinely.

Point out where that's said or you can flipping well apologise.

your quote....Well said. I cannot believe there are people on this forum comparing going to Home Park with Tesco. ....

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
loyal1970":rx04i4zw said:
if you can't take it adams your in the wrong job.

I’ve been speaking to supporters of other clubs and it’s sporent that all fans boo and call out some abuse when’s things go bad on the pitch.. I think Argyle fans in the main have been quite lenient to leave it this long into one of our worst periods of form in our history before booing and cursing.

Dec 21, 2015
up_the_line":309x7ell said:
loyal1970":309x7ell said:

He can certainly hand it out - we can see that from numerous charge sheets from his time in Scotland.

so by that accusation he is fair game to be abused :banghead:

some people do have a very weird thought process - have you heard the expression 2 wrongs do not make a right ?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
TonyD":b21xmzd9 said:
SwimWithTheTide":b21xmzd9 said:
TonyD":b21xmzd9 said:
SwimWithTheTide":b21xmzd9 said:
Green_Flash":b21xmzd9 said:
The club and manager need to grow up. If you conduct your business in front of 10,000 football fans you are going to enjoy more vocal adoration than most professions when things go right but you are also going to take more stick when things go wrong. Any name calling of Adams outside the stadium is out of order. However before during and immediately after a game if you do badly you are going to get stick - and yes that might involve the odd bit of bad language. Some may take it too far, but most people involved in football rise above this, it comes with the territory.

Well said. I cannot believe there are people on this forum comparing going to Home Park with Tesco.

Is the "ooooooh, your poo ahhhhhh" shout acceptable before the opposition keeper takes a goal kick or should stewards be aggressively monitoring such oathish expression?

so your saying racism, intimidation, victimisation or harassment is ok as long as its only done inside home park .... Unbelievable :facepalm:

your quote....Well said. I cannot believe there are people on this forum comparing going to Home Park with Tesco. ....

Right, what part of that suggests I believe racism is ok?

Dec 21, 2015
up_the_line":150cpwq4 said:
Kentishgreen":150cpwq4 said:
That’s true but we live in different times now. I can say Adams is a Matt Munroe to you and that’s ok. But if I said it in a public place I might offend one or two. And if the stewards, police or the cameras they use could identify me I would face the consequences. Foul mouthing anyone in a public place cannot be right. People get away with it in football stadiums as a large number of people tend to sound off at the same time. The police and stewards can’t arrest or eject half the crowd. It doesn’t make it right though. Which is why the club has announced it won’t tolerate verbal abuse of its employees, just like any other employer would.

Maybe Adams is being disingenuous in all this but it’s up to his employer to sort him out not you or me whatever we may think

So if someone used foul language about Adams then what ban should they get? I mean working on the basis that Adams himself got 8 games when he used foul and abusive language against an official in Scotland - or should he have be arrested?

A lot of people here apparently don't want yobs in our stadium but are happy with Adams being our manager given his own yobbish history in the game - seems a bit of a fudge to me

being suspended for foul language is completely the other end of the spectrum to being the victim of racism, intimidation, victimisation or harassment or do you not see the difference ?

Dec 21, 2015
SwimWithTheTide":2cl40a0d said:
TonyD":2cl40a0d said:
TonyD":2cl40a0d said:
Green_Flash":2cl40a0d said:

Right, what part of that suggests I believe racism is ok?

you have played down the seriousness by using the Is the "ooooooh, your poo ahhhhhh" example when which is a far cry from being the subject of racism, intimidation, victimisation or harassment that the club statement is referring to

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
TonyD":2eehd05e said:
up_the_line":2eehd05e said:
loyal1970":2eehd05e said:

He can certainly hand it out - we can see that from numerous charge sheets from his time in Scotland.

some people do have a very weird thought process - have you heard the expression 2 wrongs do not make a right ?

Have you ever heard the word hypocrisy, accusing others of what you yourself have been guilty of, and if you Read Mr Adams record you will see more than 2 wrongs.

Apr 1, 2009
I've no problem with the club making a statement, indeed I think they had to as I heard something shouted (at least twice) at Adams that, whilst not racist, was certainly taboo. It's the tone of the statement that I take issue with - it could have been done so much better. If it had been less condescending it might have come closer to achieving it's aim - rather than stirring up flames amongst a significant part of the fanbase. It is disappointing that this couldn't have been done mosre sensitively, particularly on the day of a crucial game.

I appreciate these are difficult days for the club but feel that, in terms of handling an unhappy fanbase, they are not coping well. Adams too is not beyond reproach, and it is hard to escape the impression that he is allowed to pretty much as he pleases without censure.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
TonyD":tb36lexq said:
up_the_line":tb36lexq said:
loyal1970":tb36lexq said:

No - I am saying he is a hypocrite of the highest order though and the last person to put other people in their place for yobbishness.
Not only has he been found guilty of the use of foul and abusive language towards officials, but he is a world class wind up merchant whose provocative actions against Bristol Rovers last season were truly stupid given the situation

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
xmastree":4ouu1rgq said:
I've no problem with the club making a statement, indeed I think they had to as I heard something shouted (at least twice) at Adams that, whilst not racist, was certainly taboo. It's the tone of the statement that I take issue with - it could have been done so much better. If it had been less condescending it might have come closer to achieving it's aim - rather than stirring up flames amongst a significant part of the fanbase. It is disappointing that this couldn't have been done mosre sensitively, particularly on the day of a crucial game.

I appreciate these are difficult days for the club but feel that, in terms of handling an unhappy fanbase, they are not coping well. Adams too is not beyond reproach, and it is hard to escape the impression that he is allowed to pretty much as he pleases without censure.

Agree and I made the same point earlier. The same message could have been conveyed in a different and less patronising manner, finishing with a rousing battle cry for tonight's game.

Sadly, these condescending statements towards the fans have been happening for years, long before JB took over.

Who remembers the 'Typical Argyle' statement from a few years ago?

Apr 1, 2009
xmastree":37e6itq1 said:

I appreciate these are difficult days for the club but feel that, in terms of handling an unhappy fanbase, they are not coping well. Adams too is not beyond reproach, and it is hard to escape the impression that he is allowed to do pretty much as he pleases without censure.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
FourMarksGreen":1kv8yddl said:
Phil Sloggett":1kv8yddl said:
The club just seem to want to make things worse don’t they?

I understand the sentiment behind it but don’t feel it was necessary, and has actually just heightened tensions between the club and the fans.

I am feeling very disillusioned with the club right now.

Exactly this. Whatever your private thoughts are, never, ever, go public in writing and criticise your customers. The business world is littered with examples of this happening and it going horribly wrong. Because at the end of the day, PAFC is a business and the fans are its customer base.

Any decent PR/marketing professional knows this. You simply don't do it.

This. The idea may have been well intentioned but the delivery / tone / message is completely off the mark and can only make things worse.