Club Statement on abuse of staff | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club Statement on abuse of staff

Apr 9, 2011
elburtontrev":1zcjy7oi said:
PL2 3DQ":1zcjy7oi said:
I don't think the Herald is helping the situation with their inflammatory articles this season.
Their latest is 'don't bite the hand that feeds' which is ironic given they rely heavily on Argyle news.

This season the Herald has settled on two attack dog journalists who criticise almost every aspect of the club in an effort to whip up debate in the comments section = clickbait.
These two journos rarely set foot in Home Park for interviews.

Meanwhile Chris Errington, the one journo who faces club staff and officials, distances himself from the two rabid journos by publishing considered and reasonable articles.

It's an odd situation at Herald towers.

Today's silly statement from the club has played right into the hands of the Herald who are whipping up a storm even more.

Bbc Spotlight now sniffing around......They were interviewing outside the ticket office asking for views on the 'yob' quote from the weekend.
Completely unhelpful on the day of a huge game, the club should have said nothing.

What a mess! The club as usual seems rudderless again!!
Spotlight featured it on their lunch time news

Dec 21, 2015
SwimWithTheTide":1e02yv65 said:
Green_Flash":1e02yv65 said:
The club and manager need to grow up. If you conduct your business in front of 10,000 football fans you are going to enjoy more vocal adoration than most professions when things go right but you are also going to take more stick when things go wrong. Any name calling of Adams outside the stadium is out of order. However before during and immediately after a game if you do badly you are going to get stick - and yes that might involve the odd bit of bad language. Some may take it too far, but most people involved in football rise above this, it comes with the territory.

Well said. I cannot believe there are people on this forum comparing going to Home Park with Tesco.

Is the "ooooooh, your poo ahhhhhh" shout acceptable before the opposition keeper takes a goal kick or should stewards be aggressively monitoring such oathish expression?

so your saying racism, intimidation, victimisation or harassment is ok as long as its only done inside home park .... Unbelievable :facepalm:

Jul 6, 2011
Probably the club's way of supporting the manager and players with a 'we're all in this together' message. It doesn't particularly bother me and frankly I don't personally like even the ott booing, it's pointless, Adams is fully aware the fans are not happy.
If you want question the bloke just email him or catch him as he leaves the ground. I'm sure he will answer any honest question or criticism.

Jan 6, 2004
No, racism is not acceptable, nor is threatening behaviour. Anyone using racist language or threatening anyone should be thrown out, but general use of colourful language, booing and informing somebody in full and frank terms what you think of the job they are doing is fair game at football match: always was, always will be.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree entirely with that,

I would never boo anyone in our shirt though, that would be plain silly.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
We are becoming a joke of a football club this regime have lost the soul of the club, killed the atmosphere and now trying to take the passion away.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
TonyD":1l78wfby said:
SwimWithTheTide":1l78wfby said:
Green_Flash":1l78wfby said:
The club and manager need to grow up. If you conduct your business in front of 10,000 football fans you are going to enjoy more vocal adoration than most professions when things go right but you are also going to take more stick when things go wrong. Any name calling of Adams outside the stadium is out of order. However before during and immediately after a game if you do badly you are going to get stick - and yes that might involve the odd bit of bad language. Some may take it too far, but most people involved in football rise above this, it comes with the territory.

Well said. I cannot believe there are people on this forum comparing going to Home Park with Tesco.

Is the "ooooooh, your poo ahhhhhh" shout acceptable before the opposition keeper takes a goal kick or should stewards be aggressively monitoring such oathish expression?

so your saying racism, intimidation, victimisation or harassment is ok as long as its only done inside home park .... Unbelievable :facepalm:

How dare you suggest that. Genuinely.

Point out where that's said or you can fudging well apologise.

Aug 5, 2015
That’s true but we live in different times now. I can say Adams is a Cundle to you and that’s ok. But if I said it in a public place I might offend one or two. And if the stewards, police or the cameras they use could identify me I would face the consequences. Foul mouthing anyone in a public place cannot be right. People get away with it in football stadiums as a large number of people tend to sound off at the same time. The police and stewards can’t arrest or eject half the crowd. It doesn’t make it right though. Which is why the club has announced it won’t tolerate verbal abuse of its employees, just like any other employer would.

Maybe Adams is being disingenuous in all this but it’s up to his employer to sort him out not you or me whatever we may think

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
The best way to express your disapproval is simply not to turn up. if enough people do it then the club will have to do something about it, they cant afford not to. If you do go then support the team, thats what supporters do.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
FergfromStow":1uo28jlv said:
If they’re not yobs,what are they then? I suggest everyone takes a breather and concentrates on tonight.

Adams is a yob too though right?
Banned for 8 games in Scotland due to foul and abusive language aimed at an official
Banned again for inflammatory comments against Southend
Winds up already volatile away fans (Rovers)

I mean those are actual things that we know happened.
The video of the Burton aftermath shows some booing but I don't hear anything else so the rest of what people allege happened are just that - allegations - mostly seemingly spurious (ie. coin throwing where the club apparently aren't reviewing CCTV)

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
If Mr Adams wants to stem the tide Of "abuse" whether racist or otherwise then the means are in his own hands. Play with tactics and formations that play to the strengths of the playing staff, after an absolutely abysmal performance don`t blow smoke up the Backsides of the fanbase, don`t keep reminding us of how successful he has made the club; you are only as good as your last game, or in this case 16 games. In short give us winning performances and accept that there is more than one way.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Kentishgreen":1enacjlf said:
That’s true but we live in different times now. I can say Adams is a Matt Munroe to you and that’s ok. But if I said it in a public place I might offend one or two. And if the stewards, police or the cameras they use could identify me I would face the consequences. Foul mouthing anyone in a public place cannot be right. People get away with it in football stadiums as a large number of people tend to sound off at the same time. The police and stewards can’t arrest or eject half the crowd. It doesn’t make it right though. Which is why the club has announced it won’t tolerate verbal abuse of its employees, just like any other employer would.

Maybe Adams is being disingenuous in all this but it’s up to his employer to sort him out not you or me whatever we may think

So if someone used foul language about Adams then what ban should they get? I mean working on the basis that Adams himself got 8 games when he used foul and abusive language against an official in Scotland - or should he have be arrested?

A lot of people here apparently don't want yobs in our stadium but are happy with Adams being our manager given his own yobbish history in the game - seems a bit of a fudge to me