Cooper's future at Peterborough in doubt | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cooper's future at Peterborough in doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Emu":2mbx6irv said:
Devongreenowl":2mbx6irv said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2mbx6irv said:
I’m wondering if this ship has sailed now.

Would be the icing on the cake if he did join because of his ability to cross so well.

Sorry MGM, you’ve just surpassed Pogles with pun of the week there! :funny: :funny:
Crossing is the weakest part of his game, apart from his shooting.

His crossing may occasionally be a bit hit and miss, nevertheless things happen when he has the ball, hence all the assists last season.

Hit and miss? Sums his crossing up perfectly. He either hits the first defender, or misses everybody including his team mates.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
justanotherfan":2iebqi3k said:
Devongreenowl":2iebqi3k said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2iebqi3k said:

Would be the icing on the cake if he did join because of his ability to cross so well.

Sorry MGM, you’ve just surpassed Pogles with pun of the week there! :funny: :funny:

I think you have forgotten his defending Mr Owl. I use the term loosely.

You’re right JAF. I was talking about the offensive side of his game, but 'defending' is certainly not good. He’s a good L2 player and for me, there’s a reason Posh don’t want to keep him. Not good enough for L1. They’ll have our trousers down if they get a fee out of us for him imo.

Aug 5, 2016
Devongreenowl":o9b9v30w said:
Emu":o9b9v30w said:
Devongreenowl":o9b9v30w said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":o9b9v30w said:

His crossing may occasionally be a bit hit and miss, nevertheless things happen when he has the ball, hence all the assists last season.

Hit and miss? Sums his crossing up perfectly. He either hits the first defender, or misses everybody including his team mates.

So what you mean is, apart from leading the assists column for the division on a fraction of the playing time of his playmaker rivals, he can't deliver a ball to save his life?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Devongreenowl":1endt5rx said:
Emu":1endt5rx said:
Devongreenowl":1endt5rx said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1endt5rx said:

He wouldn't be playing in L2/L1 if he had a Beckhamesque crossing ability.
Besides, as someone has alluded to earlier, crossing is far from his worst asset.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Knibbsworth":29ssl5ch said:
Devongreenowl":29ssl5ch said:
Emu":29ssl5ch said:
Devongreenowl":29ssl5ch said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":29ssl5ch said:

So what you mean is, apart from leading the assists column for the division on a fraction of the playing time of his playmaker rivals, he can't deliver a ball to save his life?

We all know that assists don’t always have to be blinding bits of skill. If you insist on looking at stats, here’s one for you. Cooper had the third worst shot accuracy of the entire first team outfield squad, with only Joe Edwards and Wootton worse. Meanwhile Aimson had 100% shot accuracy. See what I mean about stats? All I know is I saw every home game and about half a dozen aways and I found Cooper to be a frustrating player most of the time. Poor crossing, poor shooting, poor tracking back. If we sign him I will think it’s a waste of a contract, but hope to be proved wrong.

Mar 14, 2009
Devongreenowl":qnl1n5ei said:
Knibbsworth":qnl1n5ei said:
Emu":qnl1n5ei said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":qnl1n5ei said:

We all know that assists don’t always have to be blinding bits of skill. If you insist on looking at stats, here’s one for you. Cooper had the third worst shot accuracy of the entire first team outfield squad, with only Joe Edwards and Wootton worse. Meanwhile Aimson had 100% shot accuracy. See what I mean about stats? All I know is I saw every home game and about half a dozen aways and I found Cooper to be a frustrating player most of the time. Poor crossing, poor shooting, poor tracking back. If we sign him I will think it’s a waste of a contract, but hope to be proved wrong.

For a start we are in league 2. So you rarely find quality and consistency combined in a footballer. If you do, they aren’t hanging around in league 1 or 2 for long.

Secondly, for all his bad crosses, there were the ones that helped us produced the goals. Yes sometimes he didn’t produce but when he did it often created a goal scoring chance.

Without his assists we wouldn’t of won enough games to have achieved promotion. So l don’t understand your point tbf.

Mar 1, 2008
A couple highlights of Cooper's sh!t crosses: https://youtu.be/M4R9rwuvd2M

17secs and 30 secs.

You could go through the highlights of other games and find many more examples.

I wouldn't waste your time Mickey on this one. Not sure what he's on about! :crazy:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
evil_dave86":31nlt4pt said:
A couple highlights of Cooper's sh!t crosses: https://youtu.be/M4R9rwuvd2M

17secs and 30 secs.

You could go through the highlights of other games and find many more examples.

I wouldn't waste your time Mickey on this one. Not sure what he's on about! :crazy:

All a matter of opinion. Maybe you’ll see what I’m on about next season if we sign him. Not good enough for Peterborough, shouldn’t be good enough for us in L1.

Aug 5, 2016
Devongreenowl":mm0uj04n said:
Knibbsworth":mm0uj04n said:

You just let me know when Will Aimson pings passes from deep like Cooper did against Macclesfield for the Hardie assist, then I will accept Cooper is crap and our other players are better.

You say he can't cross but he picked out Bakinson repeatedly for goals in a clearly rehearsed training ground move.

The bloke literally finished the season top of the assists column for the division, despite acting as a back up LWB to McFadzean, and you are saying he has no end product. You almost couldn't be more demonstrably wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.