Cooper's future at Peterborough in doubt | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cooper's future at Peterborough in doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2013
Knibbsworth":3unx0oq0 said:
evil_dave86":3unx0oq0 said:
A couple highlights of Cooper's sh!t crosses: https://youtu.be/M4R9rwuvd2M

17secs and 30 secs.

You could go through the highlights of other games and find many more examples.

I wouldn't waste your time Mickey on this one. Not sure what he's on about! :crazy:

https://youtu.be/qqoeQcrt8yE

Another woeful ball from Cooper 25 seconds in, the lad that can't pass or cross!

Six of one, half a dozen of the other though is it not? for ever cross you have linked to I would put money on him wasting 20 so never really understood why people post such links, you could make George Weah's brother look good with picking certain clips for example.
The question that needs answering is should we be paying money for him when others are available who could do just as much if not better, my personal view is that Cooper is somebody who would be good value if he came on a free or a low fee but certainly not worth parting with decent money when there is better out there on a free who can collect a better wage.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Goals win matches and direct assists contribute hugely to that. Some players are capable of delivering a pass, often from distance, that somehow has an element of ‘curl’ that will deceive a defender and create a scoring opportunity for a team mate. It is a skill that George Cooper possesses.

He also has defensive weaknesses in his game that will be apparent but I believe that his strengths were an important part of our eventual promotion to League 1.
I hope that we can come up with a deal to get him back.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
I know football's all about opinions but claiming Cooper isn't a good crosser of the ball has to be one of the most extraordinary I've come across on Pasoti (and that's saying something).

Would absolutely love him back and thankfully it appears Lowe feels the same.

Oct 5, 2013
ChepstowGreen":3j0bsatj said:
I know football's all about opinions but claiming Cooper isn't a good crosser of the ball has to be one of the most extraordinary I've come across on Pasoti (and that's saying something).

Exactly. And RL knows what he’s on about.
Which can’t necessarily be said about everyone on here - including me!

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
ChepstowGreen":8ocvwqj9 said:

He’s an inconsistent crosser of the ball. He’s inconsistent defensively. This is why he’s a League 1/2 player and not playing higher up. In terms of technical ability he’s a big talent.

I’d like him back, just reluctant to part with money when he’s not a guaranteed starter. Particularly as we have by all accounts two very good trialists in the LWB slot at the moment.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Nobby":3rglkg91 said:
ChepstowGreen":3rglkg91 said:

He’s an inconsistent crosser of the ball. He’s inconsistent defensively. This is why he’s a League 1/2 player and not playing higher up. In terms of technical ability he’s a big talent.

I’d like him back, just reluctant to part with money when he’s not a guaranteed starter. Particularly as we have by all accounts two very good trialists in the LWB slot at the moment.

If he comes back I don’t see him as a LWB. I’d see him as a home starter in a forward role or as an impact sub.

I’ve always liked the idea of a mayor/Cooper playing in the hole behind a striker. Maybe that’s his area of strength

But for him to come in I’d imagine C Grant would have to go out to free up some wages.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I was under the impression crossing was his best attribute and made up the bulk of his 13(?) assists... :oops:

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Has there been any indication at all that we're coming back for him outside of another "Nixon scoop"? Have we seen any evidence that Posh are no longer valuing him far higher than we are? I can't see this one happening, though hopefully I'm wrong.

Aug 5, 2016
Stiffler":1fcqpb5g said:
Knibbsworth":1fcqpb5g said:
evil_dave86":1fcqpb5g said:
A couple highlights of Cooper's sh!t crosses: https://youtu.be/M4R9rwuvd2M

17secs and 30 secs.

You could go through the highlights of other games and find many more examples.

I wouldn't waste your time Mickey on this one. Not sure what he's on about! :crazy:

https://youtu.be/qqoeQcrt8yE

Another woeful ball from Cooper 25 seconds in, the lad that can't pass or cross!

Six of one, half a dozen of the other though is it not? for ever cross you have linked to I would put money on him wasting 20 so never really understood why people post such links, you could make George Weah's brother look good with picking certain clips for example.
The question that needs answering is should we be paying money for him when others are available who could do just as much if not better, my personal view is that Cooper is somebody who would be good value if he came on a free or a low fee but certainly not worth parting with decent money when there is better out there on a free who can collect a better wage.

We don't get anything near equivalent assists from the right side of defence. Why is that?

Joe Riley and Gary Sawyer have never hit defence splitting balls like Cooper v Macclesfield. So how does Cooper fluke his way to 13 assists with no talent, vision and ability to see and play a ball?

It is one thing to say he is inconsistent, than to simply say he is crap, never beats the first man, can't pass or cross. What an ignorant way to summarise a player - he didn't creat the most number of goals in the division by mistake.

If Cooper was consistent then he would be playing higher standard. When he was out of the team last season, we really struggled for creativity and goals. The team's form went through a barren spell, then he came back and we went to winning by two or three comfortable goals, usually either scored or created by him. I am not sure his critics realise how much he actually creates and provides.

Dec 20, 2011
iT MAY HAVE BEEN MENTIONED BEFORE but without Cooper's contribution with goals and assists we would probably not been promoted!

Some crosses will be good and some not.......but it is the good ones that count. That applies to any player.

falmouthgreen":168ryntv said:
iT MAY HAVE BEEN MENTIONED BEFORE but without Cooper's contribution with goals and assists we would probably not been promoted!

Some crosses will be good and some not.......but it is the good ones that count. That applies to any player.

Spot on. What I cannot for the life of me understand is why every player, whatever age or stage in their career, is assumed to be the finished article. If Cooper can be trained to be even more consistent (bearing in mind he’s already pretty good) then we could have a very valuable player on our books.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Cooper is available for transfer says Peterborough's owner ...

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I think everyone's remembering his corners as an example of his crosses.

When he's got time to think i gather thats what causes his problems.

Most of his corners were either over hit or didnt get passed the first defender.

Still, would take him back in a heartbeat

Jul 6, 2005
Peterborough have just paid a lot of money to sign 23-year old Cheltenham Number 10 Ryan Broom on a 3-year contract, pushing Cooper even further down the pecking order at London Road. Barring an early-season injury crisis, he would appear to have little or no future there.

With the salary cap coming into effect, they will really want to get Cooper off the payroll now.

Status
Not open for further replies.