COVID in the camp | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

COVID in the camp

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":1ojpzm7p said:
warney":1ojpzm7p said:
Forest of Dean Green":1ojpzm7p said:
Really surprised they allowed Canavan and Wootton to drive up. Even if they are negative it is clear that If someone is positive in your household you self isolate for 14 days as it can take a while to become symptomatic. Odd decision.
If they tested negative it means they're not infected so won't develop symptoms anyway so in theory no need to self isolate. I guess they'll now have to move into a hotel whilst Grant recovers otherwise they will have to self isolate as well in case they get infected.

They apparently travelled up to Lincoln before they or Conor Grant got the test results so shouldn’t they had been self isolating, or are elite sports exempt from the current government guidelines?

I don't think the EFL are not following elite sports protocols.

Dec 20, 2011
PL2 3DQ":2tx6leoe said:
This might escalate and put the Wigan and Doncaster games in danger of being postponed.
Surely now that both these regions are in Phase 3. Plymouth should NOT travel to Lancashire. Similarly, Doncaster should NOT be allowed to travel outside their territory to come to Plymouth next week.
OR ARE THE RULES NOT THAT CLEAR!!!!

Dec 20, 2011
falmouthgreen":3gumgh2y said:
PL2 3DQ":3gumgh2y said:
This might escalate and put the Wigan and Doncaster games in danger of being postponed.
Surely now that both these regions are in Phase 3. Plymouth should NOT travel to Lancashire. Similarly, Doncaster should NOT be allowed to travel outside their territory to come to Plymouth next week.
OR ARE THE RULES NOT THAT CLEAR!!!! ???/quote]

Jul 12, 2016
falmouthgreen":1zkamr69 said:
PL2 3DQ":1zkamr69 said:
I think essential travel is allowed provided they do not stay over night

Dec 20, 2011
Thanks Oldage
oldage":3kk3xlpw said:
falmouthgreen":3kk3xlpw said:
PL2 3DQ":3kk3xlpw said:
I think essential travel is allowed provided they do not stay over night
But is this considered ESSENTIAL TRAVEL?

Apr 6, 2009
I normally commend the club on how they handle most things that seem to come their way but this was a complete and utter shambles.

Grant had symptoms, so any household members should isolate for 14 days and he needs to get tested. If positive he would need to isolate for 10 days. If negative they can all go about normal business.

How the club let they other two travel is a complete disregard for the rules and let them be in the vicinity of the other players (and no doubt other members of the public if they stopped their car in a service station for example). Just because they returned a negative test doesn't mean they won't go on to test positive in a few days time and could still pass the virus on.

As a local GP I am hugely disappointed that the club have allowed this to happen. It should have been straight forward, all 3 self isolate until Grants test came back. Once it came back positive all need to continue to isolate.

May 8, 2011
katkin":1g546oef said:
I normally commend the club on how they handle most things that seem to come their way but this was a complete and utter shambles.

Grant had symptoms, so any household members should isolate for 14 days and he needs to get tested. If positive he would need to isolate for 10 days. If negative they can all go about normal business.

How the club let they other two travel is a complete disregard for the rules and let them be in the vicinity of the other players (and no doubt other members of the public if they stopped their car in a service station for example). Just because they returned a negative test doesn't mean they won't go on to test positive in a few days time and could still pass the virus on.

As a local GP I am hugely disappointed that the club have allowed this to happen. It should have been straight forward, all 3 self isolate until Grants test came back. Once it came back positive all need to continue to isolate.

If Grant started feeling unwell on Saturday evening as the report said then shouldn’t all the players and back room staff and anybody else who came into close contact with him on Saturday afternoon at Home Park gone into self isolation as a precaution.

Apr 6, 2009
you could argue that although that's not how it happens in the 'outside world'
you isolate, your household does but anyone you've been in close (ish) contact with like work colleagues or others outside of your household don't get notified to isolate until a positive result
technically a lot were within 2m of him on Saturday though when he developed symptoms so you could argue they should too just like track and trace would ask anyone too if they had been within 2m of a positive test (for 15m or more)

May 8, 2011
katkin":3sidvhm1 said:
you could argue that although that's not how it happens in the 'outside world'
you isolate, your household does but anyone you've been in close (ish) contact with like work colleagues or others outside of your household don't get notified to isolate until a positive result
technically a lot were within 2m of him on Saturday though when he developed symptoms so you could argue they should too just like track and trace would ask anyone too if they had been within 2m of a positive test (for 15m or more)

Argyle could have informed the EFL that the squad had to self isolate pending test results on the entire squad so getting the Lincoln game called off.

Apr 6, 2009
I agree

No wonder the general public won't adhere to the rules when big organisations don't. Not saying Argyle are alone in this but they've put people at risk over a football match by ignoring the rules (and then it seems to indicate they didn't really know the rules despite them being fairly easily accessible)

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
katkin":k7a7p5t8 said:

When 3 players are on international duty you can request a postponement but not COVID? How come some games have been postponed?
The integrity of this years competition is being questioned as much as last years !