COVID in the camp | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

COVID in the camp

May 8, 2011
edengreen":23t4wjjh said:
katkin":23t4wjjh said:
I normally commend the club on how they handle most things that seem to come their way but this was a complete and utter shambles.

Grant had symptoms, so any household members should isolate for 14 days and he needs to get tested. If positive he would need to isolate for 10 days. If negative they can all go about normal business.

How the club let they other two travel is a complete disregard for the rules and let them be in the vicinity of the other players (and no doubt other members of the public if they stopped their car in a service station for example). Just because they returned a negative test doesn't mean they won't go on to test positive in a few days time and could still pass the virus on.

As a local GP I am hugely disappointed that the club have allowed this to happen. It should have been straight forward, all 3 self isolate until Grants test came back. Once it came back positive all need to continue to isolate.

When 3 players are on international duty you can request a postponement but not COVID? How come some games have been postponed?
The integrity of this years competition is being questioned as much as last years !

If a player or players have to self isolate then it is similar to a player being injured, so a match wouldn’t be postponed if you had 3 players out with strains or knocks or the flu.
Matches have been postponed when Clubs have so many staff self isolating they can’t field a team, or the match venue isn’t considered COVID secure.

Dec 3, 2005
HC Green":2yfygct5 said:
edengreen":2yfygct5 said:
katkin":2yfygct5 said:
I normally commend the club on how they handle most things that seem to come their way but this was a complete and utter shambles.

Grant had symptoms, so any household members should isolate for 14 days and he needs to get tested. If positive he would need to isolate for 10 days. If negative they can all go about normal business.

How the club let they other two travel is a complete disregard for the rules and let them be in the vicinity of the other players (and no doubt other members of the public if they stopped their car in a service station for example). Just because they returned a negative test doesn't mean they won't go on to test positive in a few days time and could still pass the virus on.

As a local GP I am hugely disappointed that the club have allowed this to happen. It should have been straight forward, all 3 self isolate until Grants test came back. Once it came back positive all need to continue to isolate.

When 3 players are on international duty you can request a postponement but not COVID? How come some games have been postponed?
The integrity of this years competition is being questioned as much as last years !

If a player or players have to self isolate then it is similar to a player being injured, so a match wouldn’t be postponed if you had 3 players out with strains or knocks or the flu.
Matches have been postponed when Clubs have so many staff self isolating they can’t field a team, or the match venue isn’t considered COVID secure.

I can see what edengreen is saying - if 3 players are taken out of the squad for International matches games are cancelled. But having 3 players taken out of the squad because of Covid - game remains on. Definately strange times.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
HC Green":h7mmbzvw said:
edengreen":h7mmbzvw said:
katkin":h7mmbzvw said:

You would think so HC, but, here just 1 player tested positive and the game was postponed.

Each case is judged on its individual merits, and due to the circumstances, the Club has advised the EFL it is unable to fulfil the fixture as players and first team staff are now required to self-isolate in line with EFL and Government guidance

Strikes me some inconsistency in the application of the rules.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/c ... id-4572802

May 22, 2006
Non-Fulfilment of fixtures, EFL Clarification:
......Clubs will be expected to field a team even if they have to select youth team players and any failure to fulfil a fixture will be investigated with a potential for a misconduct charge."

Since Grimsby had a game cancelled, EFL seem to referred to the above.

Tranmere were threatened with a 15pt deduction if they didn’t play Salford. Seems you need a big squad just to fulfil fixtures. Given the circumstances, our defence actually played reasonably well against Lincoln.

May 8, 2011
cheshiregreen":qzdomh0g said:
HC Green":qzdomh0g said:
edengreen":qzdomh0g said:
katkin":qzdomh0g said:

You would think so HC, but, here just 1 player tested positive and the game was postponed.

Each case is judged on its individual merits, and due to the circumstances, the Club has advised the EFL it is unable to fulfil the fixture as players and first team staff are now required to self-isolate in line with EFL and Government guidance

Reading the article it suggests that as a result of the positive test the rest of the squad and staff had to self isolate.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
djg145":mj45p6sq said:
HC Green":mj45p6sq said:
edengreen":mj45p6sq said:
katkin":mj45p6sq said:

I can see what edengreen is saying - if 3 players are taken out of the squad for International matches games are cancelled. But having 3 players taken out of the squad because of Covid - game remains on. definitely strange times.

Cancellation of games due to International call-ups is a FIFA concession.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
HC Green":j31wco04 said:
cheshiregreen":j31wco04 said:
HC Green":j31wco04 said:
edengreen":j31wco04 said:
katkin":j31wco04 said:

Reading the article it suggests that as a result of the positive test the rest of the squad and staff had to self isolate.

Not sure what the difference is. Conor Grant was in the Argyle starting line up.last Saturday. I don't know but assume he used same changing facilities as rest of our squad. He fell ill Saturday evening just hours after being with rest of our players who don't seem to have been required to isolate. :think:

Sep 6, 2006
I don't get it. Wooton and Canavan tested negative but have to isolate. What's the point of the test? And didnt they train with rest of squad before isolating?

May 8, 2011
Argyle’s game at Accrington looks like it could be postponed due to a significant outbreak of Covid amongst the Accrington players and staff.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
cheshiregreen":gs5n8t3r said:
HC Green":gs5n8t3r said:
cheshiregreen":gs5n8t3r said:
HC Green":gs5n8t3r said:
edengreen":gs5n8t3r said:
katkin":gs5n8t3r said:

Not sure what the difference is. Conor Grant was in the Argyle starting line up.last Saturday. I don't know but assume he used same changing facilities as rest of our squad. He fell ill Saturday evening just hours after being with rest of our players who don't seem to have been required to isolate. :think:

I agree there is inconsistency compared to Crewe. The only difference of course is location of the club.

May 8, 2011

I agree there is inconsistency compared to Crewe. The only difference of course is location of the club.

I expect the difference was that based on the test & trace criteria the Crewe players were told to self isolate whereas the Argyle players weren’t.

Feb 8, 2005
Balham_Green":3ipl56l5 said:
I don't get it. Wooton and Canavan tested negative but have to isolate. What's the point of the test? And didnt they train with rest of squad before isolating?

Testing negative doesn't mean that they don't have covid.

There is an incubation period, before covid shows itself, hence the self isolation period of ten days to prevent passing it on.

They could be asymptomatic (showing no symptoms), but have covid and could still test positive at a later date.

Sep 6, 2006
jimsing":3izatb5n said:
Balham_Green":3izatb5n said:

Testing negative doesn't mean that they don't have covid.

There is an incubation period, before covid shows itself, hence the self isolation period of ten days to prevent passing it on.

They could be asymptomatic (showing no symptoms), but have covid and could still test positive at a later date.

So as I say what's the point of the test?

Feb 8, 2005
Well, it showed that Connor was positive.

His contacts have to self isolate for 10 days, in case they also got covid from him. By the end of that time it should show itself, and the possibility of them passing it on, if they subsequently are found to have had it, will have passed.

The Club tested all three, as a matter of course. All three could have been shown to be positive, but the two that were negative still had to be treated as if they were positive, because there was still the possibility that they could have been shown to be positive at a later time.

From a practical point of view, it would have been financially wasteful to have them tested (it would have to be done privately at over £1000 per head) each and every day, which was the only other possible way to confirm whether the virus had been passed on.

Self isolating is the preferred option of the government, and the EFL obviously.

Dec 20, 2011
HC Green":1v7bhmof said:
Argyle’s game at Accrington looks like it could be postponed due to a significant outbreak of Covid amongst the Accrington players and staff.
The situation is bleak. There could be a number of postponements on the way. The EFL s should provide hard and fast rules and clarity for postponement of fixtures. Things are already becoming a farce..