Crewe - a must win game? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Crewe - a must win game?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I obviously :scarf: want us to win, but a draw will be ok too. So long as we don’t lose ground on them. I think the 3 auto teams will be Argyle, Swindon and Crewe. Colchester or Northampton to go up from the play offs.

Aug 5, 2016
ming the merciless":2sehs55t said:
I seem to remember Luton didn't just beat us they murdered us on the day. They were very good on the ball and very attacking. I don't think they were a better side. They just had a plan that nullified everything we tried to do. We were all worried after that match. That's how I remember it anyway. Similar to now really. Crewe may beat us on Saturday. My gut feeling is that we will win in a high scoring game. But it's just one match, it won't decide our season. They will be very nervous about playing us. I can't wait.

Yes I had tickets for the game but couldn't make it. I seem to remember Joe Kinnear was jubilant after the game and was ecstatic that they tore us apart. I remember Kinnear so eloquently saying that he wanted to try something different for the visit of Argyle so he "played 4 up front and watched em poo themselves".

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Knibbsworth":354q9y29 said:
'Must win' means a draw is no good to us?

If Argyle and Crewe get a point, the table and the promotion situation is virtually unchanged and there are well over a dozen games to play. It really isn't must win, but we could really do with not losing it.

Thats exactly my thoughts

Apr 4, 2004
Just dipping into the must win or must not loose thing a little. First of all players never want to loose, ever. That is burned into the mentality of all players. Loosing hurts like hell. But with Crewe being one of if not the best team in the league. Imagine on the day the do us over. It is possible and I don't think it'll happen but if it did. How are the players supposed to lift themselves if they have lost a must win. Sorry but the language is BS and really unhelpful. They will give everything to win the game as they will understand its a six pointer. But if the worst happens they will do it all again in the next match.

Also by calling some matches must wins, are you implying that some matches are OK to loose? Lower priority. Some of you lot really don't understand football.

Aug 2, 2011
The only games that are must wins are those which will either deny promotion or mean relegation if they are not won. That is not the case at this stage of the season. So relax whether we win, lose or draw today all outcomes remain as before the game.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Warning - grammar pedant!

Sorry Ming, but I must be merciless here, as you made the same mistake four times.
The word is LOSE, as in losing.

Unless you have a Crewe loose of course!!

COYG!! :scarf:

Apr 4, 2004
Lousy_Pint":20n15l4j said:
Warning - grammar pedant!

Sorry Ming, but I must be merciless here, as you made the same mistake four times.
The word is LOSE, as in losing.

Unless you have a Crewe loose of course!!

COYG!! :scarf:

Thank you for teaching me the error of my ways. Rather weirdly, I still make the same spelling mistakes now, that I made all those eons ago at school. I really have tried over the years to do the best I can with the written word, but it doesn't stick. :oops: Now you have pointed this one out. I'm going to really make an effort to get this one right from now on. But feel free to jump in anytime you like if I make further mistakes. Could you use a red font in the future to correct it. It will be so much easier to find the corrections. :greensmile: thanks

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
ming the merciless":27w934es said:
Thank you for teaching me the error of my ways. Rather weirdly, I still make the same spelling mistakes now, that I made all those eons ago at school. I really have tried over the years to do the best I can with the written word, but it doesn't stick. :oops: Now you have pointed this one out. I'm going to really make an effort to get this one right from now on. But feel free to jump in anytime you like if I make further mistakes. Could you use a red font in the future to correct it. It will be so much easier to find the corrections. :greensmile: thanks

:thumbup: Will do Ming, will do. Not sure my technical knowledge will go as far as using a red font though!!