Danny Mayor to Tranmere? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor to Tranmere?

Aug 17, 2005
I think a lot will depend on what happens with the loan of Cooper. Whilst we k ow there is a transfer agreement up until 17th his loan agreement runs out this month as well. How about pie in the sky thinking Carey has hinted at wishing to come back to uk well a threkeld type loan might suit all parties

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
chunkymonkey78":pv3gmle4 said:
Wait, what? We signed our star player, better than Carey or Lameiras, on a one year contract?
With a further year option IIRC

twist of lime

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Yes he's on a 12 month contract

At the time it felt like Lowe had managed to persuade him to come and give Argyle and the west country a go.

Really do not want yo see him leave but if all was good and rosy then would of expected a contract extension to be announced before or early on in this window.

We will have to wait and see.....

COYG

Oct 31, 2015
signalspast":1xf2ks0k said:
I think a lot will depend on what happens with the loan of Cooper. Whilst we k ow there is a transfer agreement up until 17th his loan agreement runs out this month as well. How about pie in the sky thinking Carey has hinted at wishing to come back to uk well a threkeld type loan might suit all parties

Yep defo pie in the sky.

Lowe was quoted this week as saying he does not play the style of football that fits a historical number 10 position. I think it was in Clarke's article when he left

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Rob_GT4":b8j8m9ch said:
The trouble with our fans perception of Danny Mayor is, I feel, due to the hype that was created when he joined.

If he just joined as a new signing that we didnā€™t know much about Iā€™m pretty sure youā€™d struggle to find any Argyle find that doesnā€™t think heā€™s one of, if not our best midfielder, but when he comes in being tauted as the best player in league 2, and better than Carey and Lameiras put together than inevitably thereā€™s a level of hype generated that he was ultimately never going to be able to live up to.

Thatā€™s made worse by being in a team which has such poor strikers to provide service too, heā€™s basically having to take the ball from deep, carry it forward and try and score all by himself.

Agree. I love Ryan but that was all a mistake and was unnecessary. All he needed to do was sign him, say heā€™s a decent player, and let us come to our own conclusion. All that Carey/Lameiras stuff set him up to be a let down if he wasnā€™t stellar. Heā€™s been great for us. Not stellar, but really good. Be a travesty if he goes.

Feb 23, 2008
rsp4":1qrxy4fg said:
signalspast":1qrxy4fg said:

Yep defo pie in the sky.

Lowe was quoted this week as saying he does not play the style of football that fits a historical number 10 position. I think it was in Clarke's article when he left

Carey can play other positions though can't he. Pretty sure he started his career as a LB, if his work rate now is as it was when he left I'm sure he'd make a pretty handy LWB.

Feb 23, 2008
twist of lime":26o6dgao said:
Yes he's on a 12 month contract

At the time it felt like Lowe had managed to persuade him to come and give Argyle and the west country a go.

Really do not want yo see him leave but if all was good and rosy then would have expected a contract extension to be announced before or early on in this window.

We will have to wait and see.....

COYG

Either that or he's waiting to see if we go up.

Could also be a contract where it's done on appearances or the club can activate the clause.

Does smack of come and give it a go for a year though.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
chunkymonkey78":2h4tp0bj said:
rsp4":2h4tp0bj said:
signalspast":2h4tp0bj said:

Yep defo pie in the sky.

Carey can play other positions though can't he. Pretty sure he started his career as a LB, if his work rate now is as it was when he left I'm sure he'd make a pretty handy LWB.

FFS, are we starting the Carey love fest again on another Danny Mayor thread???? Christ on a cross.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Ottawa Green":1dvjkash said:
Devongreenowl":1dvjkash said:
Whereā€™s the link to this forum? The only chat I can see on their forum about Mayor is from last summer. Tranmere, unlike Blackpool is not a bigger club than Argyle and they are highly likely to be back in L2 next season

Yer tis

https://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boar ... 0,16696924

Tranmereinsider
09 January, 2020 15:29
Hearing Rovers are looking to bring in a player pre Southend, possibly a winger. Names include Ginnelly (loan), Mayor (homesick) and Gary Roberts.

Bloody hell. So ONE Tranmere fan names three possible players they might sign and happens to say that Mayor is homesick and we have a thread running about it. Unbelievable. Literally. :banghead:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Devongreenowl":1qz066si said:
Ottawa Green":1qz066si said:
Devongreenowl":1qz066si said:
Whereā€™s the link to this forum? The only chat I can see on their forum about Mayor is from last summer. Tranmere, unlike Blackpool is not a bigger club than Argyle and they are highly likely to be back in L2 next season

Yer tis

https://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boar ... 0,16696924

Tranmereinsider
09 January, 2020 15:29
Hearing Rovers are looking to bring in a player pre Southend, possibly a winger. Names include Ginnelly (loan), Mayor (homesick) and Gary Roberts.

Bloody hell. So ONE Tranmere fan names three possible players they might sign and happens to say that Mayor is homesick and we have a thread running about it. Unbelievable. Literally. :banghead:

The opening post on this thread was from a Tranmere fan, he did say ... "Numerous credible people connected to the Tranmere have reported this.".

Devizes Green

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Feb 8, 2016
Get some decent strikers in like there was at Bury and I am sure that we will see a very different Danny Mayor,with better forwards in front of him who convert some of the chances that he creates
I agree stupid comment by Ryan Lowe about Carey/Lameiras which heaped pressure on DM

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Thereā€™s only one person mentioning it on the forum, not numerous people.

Itā€™s the one thing I have been critical of Ryan Lowe on and was at the time - the comparison between Mayor, Carey and Lameiras. Showed poor judgement and piled pressure on him. Should have just told him in private. Iā€™m sure Ryan has learned a lesson from it.

Jan 27, 2012
Mayor has played really well for Argyle- heā€™s by far the best of the summer signings.

If the manager had not over-hyped Mayor Iā€™m sure everyone would be delighted with him. Lowe needs to think before he opens his mouth sometimes.

Dorset Green

āœ… Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I doubt if he would leave at this point of the season unless there are really significant personal issues and it would be something Ryan Lowe definitely wouldn't wish for. I think Danny has made a great contribution to date and with the addition, hopefully, of a goal scoring forward we will really see the full benefit of his creativity.

Jun 27, 2019
Devongreenowl":3baqtkzd said:
Thereā€™s only one person mentioning it on the forum, not numerous people.

Itā€™s the one thing I have been critical of Ryan Lowe on and was at the time - the comparison between Mayor, Carey and Lameiras. Showed poor judgement and piled pressure on him. Should have just told him in private. Iā€™m sure Ryan has learned a lesson from it.

I'm sure he has too. We need to remember that he's only been a manager for five minutes and still has a hell of a lot to learn.

I'm sure we can forgive him that tiny little faux pas, especially if he takes us up.