Danny Mayor to Tranmere? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor to Tranmere?

Jul 6, 2009
I did hear today that Tranmere were interested in signing him- there is no way he would be allowed to leave without a replacement lined up.

Aug 11, 2013
Perhaps the Tranmere fans read Pasoti as I suggested he was homesick a few weeks ago and people questioned what homesickness looked like! There’s something not quite right with Danny though - he looks a bit distant to me at times as if he’s day dreaming or his mind is elsewhere. He looks distracted. Perhaps I’m imagining it !

Mar 8, 2016
Tranmere maybe interested in him but it doesn’t mean he’s going. He’s certainly not going in this transfer window unless they are willing to pay big money? Which I highly doubt, I’d imagine they’re more skint than we are. This may have legs at the end of the season but not now.

May 16, 2016
arrythewurzel":35ucipmq said:
Perhaps the Tranmere fans read Pasoti as I suggested he was homesick a few weeks ago and people questioned what homesickness looked like! There’s something not quite right with Danny though - he looks a bit distant to me at times as if he’s day dreaming or his mind is elsewhere. He looks distracted. Perhaps I’m imagining it !

You told them ! but isn't it funny how that hasn't manifested itself enough in training and the day to day encounters with the Manager to stop him usually being selected though.

Other than him having a load of pictures of the North in his hand and staring at them instead of taking a decent free kick, which I haven't seen, I guess we'll have to accept he looks distant, not that I've seen him anywhere other than on the pitch.

Jan 9, 2020
Devongreenowl":2fy0lb5h said:
There’s only one person mentioning it on the forum, not numerous people.

It’s the one thing I have been critical of Ryan Lowe on and was at the time - the comparison between Mayor, Carey and Lameiras. Showed poor judgement and piled pressure on him. Should have just told him in private. I’m sure Ryan has learned a lesson from it.

thecowsheds.co.uk/forum is our main forum, similar size to this. The one you've been looking at isn't popular at all.

Jan 9, 2020
Army green":1yhmwxxc said:
Tranmere maybe interested in him but it doesn’t mean he’s going. He’s certainly not going in this transfer window unless they are willing to pay big money? Which I highly doubt, I’d imagine they’re more skint than we are. This may have legs at the end of the season but not now.

It has legs if Danny wants to move back up North. He's only contracted to you lot until June so it won't be a huge fee.

He'll be one of your highest earners so it may work out best for both parties. I know we were interested in the summer but he wanted to team up with Lowe.

Tranmere being a backward step I read earlier, be honest with yourself son.

Jan 6, 2007
TRFCSWA":2qoiqjna said:
Army green":2qoiqjna said:

It has legs if Danny wants to move back up North. He's only contracted to you lot until June so it won't be a huge fee.

He'll be one of your highest earners so it may work out best for both parties. I know we were interested in the summer but he wanted to team up with Lowe.

Tranmere being a backward step I read earlier, be honest with yourself son.
At the risk of being accused of biting
I would say its a sideways move at the very best mush
You're in the relegation zone and likely to stay there from what I hear "from several reliable sources", down here he got to play in front of 16000 on new years day while you were getting thrashed at home by Coventry 4-1 in front of 7000 on the same day :scarf:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I was going to mention crowds Mark (you meant to say 16,000) but this guy will only trot out the usual stuff about being Liverpool/Everton reserves. Tranmere crowds are way below Argykes though, despite them being (for the time being) in a higher division.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":3k29272b said:
I was going to mention crowds Mark (you meant to say 16,000) but this guy will only trot out the usual stuff about being Liverpool/Everton reserves. Tranmere crowds are way below Argykes though, despite them being (for the time being) in a higher division.

I also meant to say 'Argyle's’

Mar 8, 2016
It’s most definitely a backwards step if he goes. Also Football players that get homesick should really think about their career choice. It baffles me it really does. I’ve spent my whole career working away, it’s tricky at times but just man the F*** up.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Army green":2c5ppj30 said:
It’s most definitely a backwards step if he goes. Also Football players that get homesick should really think about their career choice. It baffles me it really does. I’ve spent my whole career working away, it’s tricky at times but just man the F*** up.

I suppose it seems straightforward to guys like us who joined the military at 16 AG. It’s hard to think how grown men can struggle to settle in new areas, but sometimes it’s their wives and girlfriends who struggle even more. Not PC to say so, but it’s reality. Anyway, I’m not buying this Mayor homesick stuff. It’s only a matter of weeks since the article in the Evening Harold where he was saying how happy him and his missus are down here. If he looks out of sorts, it’s probably because he knows he’s not playing as well as he can.

Aug 5, 2016
Army green":tljzmhru said:

Why is it a backwards step? They are a league above us and he can be back in the north west. Tougher opposition, better teammates. Good stadium. All they need to do is pay him what he wants. If all the above is exactly what Mayor wants, a move would tick all the boxes.

Argyle dropped Mayor for a short period in the season and it didn't affect results. We don't know what his wages are and how much value he is to Lowe. One goal and substantially fewer assists than Cooper is not a good return for a top earner, for example.