Danny Mayor to Tranmere? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor to Tranmere?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
freddie2greens":1u9f0nty said:
ive been thinking he's homesick for a while now but when I said it on the other DM thread a couple of weeks ago I was hammered for it by 2 or 3 posters. As I said he's a really good player but if he aint happy then we should cash in and spend the money elsewhere. I hope im proved wrong and he goes on to achieve great things with us as he definitely has the ability, however the amount of excuses that have been made for him so far can only last so long until we have to move on.

Why have you been thinking that Freddie? Do you know him personally? Has he told you? The reason I ask, is that he told the Plymouth public at large quite recently in the local newspaper, how much he was loving it down here. It was definitely him being quoted there, not some random Tranmere fan. This is a non story.

CFG

Jun 21, 2013
Rob_GT4":3nht8wgh said:
The trouble with our fans perception of Danny Mayor is, I feel, due to the hype that was created when he joined.

If he just joined as a new signing that we didn’t know much about I’m pretty sure you’d struggle to find any Argyle find that doesn’t think he’s one of, if not our best midfielder, but when he comes in being tauted as the best player in league 2, and better than Carey and Lameiras put together than inevitably there’s a level of hype generated that he was ultimately never going to be able to live up to.

That’s made worse by being in a team which has such poor strikers to provide service too, he’s basically having to take the ball from deep, carry it forward and try and score all by himself.

Agree with every word of this

May 16, 2016
Devongreenowl":y56l45b3 said:
freddie2greens":y56l45b3 said:
ive been thinking he's homesick for a while now but when I said it on the other DM thread a couple of weeks ago I was hammered for it by 2 or 3 posters. As I said he's a really good player but if he aint happy then we should cash in and spend the money elsewhere. I hope im proved wrong and he goes on to achieve great things with us as he definitely has the ability, however the amount of excuses that have been made for him so far can only last so long until we have to move on.

Why have you been thinking that Freddie? Do you know him personally? Has he told you? The reason I ask, is that he told the Plymouth public at large quite recently in the local newspaper, how much he was loving it down here. It was definitely him being quoted there, not some random Tranmere fan. This is a non story.

Anyone else think that when Sarcevic missed those chances against Swindon that 'there goes a Man worrying about his PPI Claims' ?

I dont know him but it's just how he came across to me.

;)

Apr 4, 2015
Devongreenowl":3ahjd8ay said:
freddie2greens":3ahjd8ay said:

as I said before its what I think and thats all, I didn't say I had proof did I?

He isn't likely to tell the public or the media if he's unhappy is he or are you that naive ?

Sep 6, 2006
freddie2greens":2l0v6b70 said:
Devongreenowl":2l0v6b70 said:
freddie2greens":2l0v6b70 said:

as I said before its what I think and thats all, I didn't say I had proof did I?

He isn't likely to tell the public or the media if he's unhappy irs he or are you that naive ?

Give it a rest mate. You were banging that drum before. You have absolutely no evidence as you say. Your opinion counts for nothing.

Sep 6, 2006
Guiri Green":2unmnngy said:
Devongreenowl":2unmnngy said:
freddie2greens":2unmnngy said:

Anyone else think that when Sarcevic missed those chances against Swindon that 'there goes a Man worrying about his PPI Claims' ?

I dont know him but it's just how he came across to me.

;)

Yes I thought so too. Have absolutely no evidence but I will make it up anyway.

Aug 5, 2016
Devongreenowl":3a49jyk9 said:
freddie2greens":3a49jyk9 said:

What footballer when asked by the local media if they like the local area responds with anything other than yes?

'No, I don't like the city, I am nowhere near my family and friends, I miss my girlfriend, I don't understand the local accent, the live music scene is non-existent and I haven't had a good night out in the last 6 months' probably wouldn't do a footballer's image many favours.

Michael Owen released a book recently which was scathing regarding Newcastle, the locals and the club's supporters. He didn't breathe a word of that at the time.

Sep 2, 2008
Knibbsworth":29zmpd0q said:
Devongreenowl":29zmpd0q said:
freddie2greens":29zmpd0q said:

What footballer when asked by the local media if they like the local area responds with anything other than yes?

'No, I don't like the city, I am nowhere near my family and friends, I miss my girlfriend, I don't understand the local accent, the live music scene is non-existent and I haven't had a good night out in the last 6 months' probably wouldn't do a footballer's image many favours.

Michael Owen released a book recently which was scathing regarding Newcastle, the locals and the club's supporters. He didn't breathe a word of that at the time.

Exactly. Some people are far too trusting, believing and/or naive. Displaying and promoting a positive image is absolutely paramount for businesses where large amounts of money are important to an organisations survival and existence. Thats why money is so ugly really, it makes people say and do things that they are not really comfortable with. Not many people have the moral courage to actually say what they really feel or believe.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":177d38yx said:
Especially with Tranmere 'people' watching him. :twisted:

First 15... Mayor looking outstanding.

Sep 6, 2006
Akos Bubacksy":1t20eefe said:
Sell him and use the money to buy cooper. Play cooper in midfield and fadz at left wing back.

Sorted.

5 wins from 6 and some people want to change it. Unbelievable

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":346hiy87 said:
Akos Bubacksy":346hiy87 said:
Sell him and use the money to buy cooper. Play cooper in midfield and fadz at left wing back.

Sorted.

It really is bonkers.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":32v63qut said:
Balham_Green":32v63qut said:
Akos Bubacksy":32v63qut said:

Sorted.

It really is bonkers.

I don’t think people want to change it around, but if he does want to leave, then we’ll have to change it.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
GreenThing":23smuc3d said:
Cobi Budge":23smuc3d said:
Balham_Green":23smuc3d said:
Akos Bubacksy":23smuc3d said:

Sorted.

It really is bonkers.

I don’t think people want to change it around, but if he does want to leave, then we’ll have to change it.

If and when he does, we will.
I have no evidence that he does, nor do you.
If you get some, let us know, then we'll change it, if we need to, which we won't! :lol:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":om83okfu said:
GreenThing":om83okfu said:
Cobi Budge":om83okfu said:
Balham_Green":om83okfu said:
Akos Bubacksy":om83okfu said:

Sorted.

It really is bonkers.

If and when he does, we will.
I have no evidence that he does, nor do you.
If you get some, let us know, then we'll change it, if we need to, which we won't! :lol:

:)