Danny Mayor to Tranmere? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor to Tranmere?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I hope we’re asking for a sensible fee for him, if true.

Aug 5, 2016
Devongreenowl":2ycd25dh said:
Where’s the link to this forum? The only chat I can see on their forum about Mayor is from last summer. Tranmere, unlike Blackpool is not a bigger club than Argyle and they are highly likely to be back in L2 next season

Do you mean when Stanley Matthews was still playing?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Knibbsworth":1psefy9q said:
Army green":1psefy9q said:
It’s most definitely a backwards step if he goes. Also Football players that get homesick should really think about their career choice. It baffles me it really does. I’ve spent my whole career working away, it’s tricky at times but just man the F*** up.

Why is it a backwards step? They are a league above us and he can be back in the north west. Tougher opposition, better teammates. Good stadium. All they need to do is pay him what he wants. If all the above is exactly what Mayor wants, a move would tick all the boxes.

Argyle dropped Mayor for a short period in the season and it didn't affect results. We don't know what his wages are and how much value he is to Lowe. One goal and substantially fewer assists than Cooper is not a good return for a top earner, for example.

I don’t think Mayor was dropped Knibbsworth. He was on the bench for one game if I remember rightly and Ryan Lowe said that was because he’d had a bug

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":1rj8lhci said:
Army green":1rj8lhci said:
It’s most definitely a backwards step if he goes. Also Football players that get homesick should really think about their career choice. It baffles me it really does. I’ve spent my whole career working away, it’s tricky at times but just man the F*** up.

Why is it a backwards step? They are a league above us and he can be back in the north west. Tougher opposition, better teammates. Good stadium. All they need to do is pay him what he wants. If all the above is exactly what Mayor wants, a move would tick all the boxes.

Argyle dropped Mayor for a short period in the season and it didn't affect results. We don't know what his wages are and how much value he is to Lowe. One goal and substantially fewer assists than Cooper is not a good return for a top earner, for example.

You couldnt be more wrong. Are you not watching games? Do you not realize there is more to football and to Mayor's game than scoring goals.
And re Tranmere its a smaller club, smaller crowds and quite possibly a League lower than us next season. And you think that:would be a good move??!!!@

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":3s00h531 said:

Be realistic mate it aint gonna happen. We are building a squad for a promotion push. Why on earth would we sell our best players?.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3imdy8b5 said:
GreenThing":3imdy8b5 said:

Be realistic mate it aint gonna happen. We are building a squad for a promotion push. Why on earth would we sell our best players?.

I’d rather sell our best player than give him away for free. If he goes, I have a feeling that it’ll be a ‘mutual consent’ rather than an ‘undisclosed fee’.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":ha8zeae3 said:
Knibbsworth":ha8zeae3 said:
Army green":ha8zeae3 said:

You couldnt be more wrong. Are you not watching games? Do you not realize there is more to football and to Mayor's game than scoring goals.
And re Tranmere its a smaller club, smaller crowds and quite possibly a League lower than us next season. And you think that:would be a good move??!!!@

Tranmere are no smaller club than Bury were. When Hourihane went to Barnsley they were in the relegation zone of League One for over half the season. Didn't turn out too badly for him.

And I love Mayor as a player, but you don't know how much money is on. Neither do I. His wages could be strangling us, and stopping Lowe from manouvering in the market. Mayor isn't delivering the goals or the assists. And we may not be to able to afford a good striker with the wage bill as it is.

If we were to let Mayor go to Tranmere and be able to afford Brett Pitman who scores over 10-15 goals between now and the end of the season, getting us promoted, would that not be smart business?

Or do we keep hold of a possibly homesick player who is yet to fulfil his goalscoring matchwinning blistering glory in a green shirt. Is one goal from 25 games the kind of return Ryan Lowe was imagining when he gave Mayor a contract good enough to stop him going to Ipswich?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":jb8i8swk said:
Balham_Green":jb8i8swk said:
Knibbsworth":jb8i8swk said:
Army green":jb8i8swk said:

Tranmere are no smaller club than Bury were. When Hourihane went to Barnsley they were in the relegation zone of League One for over half the season. Didn't turn out too badly for him.

And I love Mayor as a player, but you don't know how much money is on. Neither do I. His wages could be strangling us, and stopping Lowe from manouvering in the market. Mayor isn't delivering the goals or the assists. And we may not be to able to afford a good striker with the wage bill as it is.

If we were to let Mayor go to Tranmere and be able to afford Brett Pitman who scores over 10-15 goals between now and the end of the season, getting us promoted, would that not be smart business?

Or do we keep hold of a possibly homesick player who is yet to fulfil his goalscoring matchwinning blistering glory in a green shirt. Is one goal from 25 games the kind of return Ryan Lowe was imagining when he gave Mayor a contract good enough to stop him going to Ipswich?

Completely agree

Oct 31, 2015
I wouldn't be very happy if this happens.

Mayor is a very good player, the problem is RL bigged him up and compared him to GC10 who was probably our best player since the championship days
Mayor is still a good player in our midfield and losing him would be crap.
On the homesick front he moved his family down although he only signed on a one year deal so he definitely wanted to be here at the time, perhaps something has changed.

Can you imagine the alternative if it's not Coops? Grant C!!!!!! :wtf:

Apr 1, 2008
Saltash
Mayor is a joy to watch, scares opposition defences and draws defenders away from team mates, giving them more time and space. Other Managers know all about him and the threat he poses, no doubt they set their teams up to nullify that. Not surprising also that others are getting the chances and goals?

He was apparently sick recently and was unable to play the full 90 mins, but Lowe still brought him on for the last 20 mins. If he's desperate to play even when sick and Lowe rates him that much that he'll play him in that situation, wouldn't expect him to be leaving anytime soon.

Having said that, health and wellbeing is more important than football and being away from friends and family can be detrimental to that (player, wife and children). I'm sure that the club recognises this, and that they are doing all they can to support the players and help them settle in this beautiful part of the country. Lowe appears particularly understanding of this and supportive of his team, probably why Mayor followed him here and I, and I'm sure many others, are very glad about that.

Besides, why would he want to miss out on the promotion party at the end of the season? :)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Mayor will obviously score today and be man of the match.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Especially with Tranmere 'people' watching him. :twisted:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think Danny Mayor is a great player, we’ll miss him if he left. He certainly has a great understanding with McFadzean..

He’s one of those players that get you off your seat !!

Apr 4, 2015
ive been thinking he's homesick for a while now but when I said it on the other DM thread a couple of weeks ago I was hammered for it by 2 or 3 posters. As I said he's a really good player but if he aint happy then we should cash in and spend the money elsewhere. I hope im proved wrong and he goes on to achieve great things with us as he definitely has the ability, however the amount of excuses that have been made for him so far can only last so long until we have to move on.