Darren Ferguson (£1000 fine, no ban) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Darren Ferguson (£1000 fine, no ban)

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Just seen the incident on telly.

Both running for the ball and feet clashed. Seen them given but seen more of them dismissed and we've had far more credible appeals turned down. Nothing worth Furguson getting worked up about.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Heathrow Green":2tgodpbt said:
PL2 3DQ":2tgodpbt said:
Oops, that's a fine and a 3 game ban all day long. :wave:

Yep, has to be, well maybe just a fine. You cannot dis the officials in your post match interview.

Unless your name is Ferguson and then you can get away with murder...can't you Mr Wenger?

40,000 quid was it?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
His comments are now attracting national attention, especially the 'shoot them' bit.

Doncaster football club need to say something and say his views are not acceptable but they won't.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Refs do make errors and sometimes silly ones (just wait till you see our 2nd goal today!) but don't we all including the players themselves yet they get defended to the hilt?

This is more than a heat of the moment rant - sure the PR people are trying to save face somewhere.

And its hardly going to help Doncaster in the future...

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Interesting that he states in the interview that he regularly receives letters from the FA, apologising about poor refereeing decisions. How many other clubs get apologies?

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Personally I think it was refreshing to see a ref prepared to Ignore all the falling down just because they ‘felt a touch’. He was consistent in this for both sides waving play on when players tried to ‘buy’ a free kick with amateur dramatics.
Whilst we’re talking amateur dramatics the way their big tough centre back threw himself to the ground in the expectation of a free kick against Edwards got its just reward

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
You can't say something like that, he deserves a long ban and I'm sure its on its way! I'd guess he'll be forced to release an apology tomorrow to try and do some damage control.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
To suggest shooting referees is a hugely irresponsible comment to make.

They are human beings who make genuine mistakes, penalty or not nobody deserves to be shot. He should be made an example of for such a disgusting suggestion, sadly a half arsed apology later and the FA will slap a minor fine and a one game ban on him.

Ollieargyle9":348ttq9b said:

They are human beings who make genuine mistakes, penalty or not nobody deserves to be shot. He should be made an example of for such a disgusting suggestion, sadly a half arsed apology later and the FA will slap a minor fine and a one game ban on him.

Maybe Ferguson's "punishment" should be to officiate several school or junior football games UNTIL he reaches a certain level of proficiency ?

THEN he will know how difficult, but enjoyable, the job is ?

I am an ex-referee with Surrey FA - albeit some years ago.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
TinTin":27zjkdsd said:
Ollieargyle9":27zjkdsd said:

Maybe Ferguson's "punishment" should be to officiate several school or junior football games UNTIL he reaches a certain level of proficiency ?

THEN he will know how difficult, but enjoyable, the job is ?

I am an ex-referee with Surrey FA - albeit some years ago.

We know that this great game of ours is somewhat wrapped up in decisions and opinions being made by match officials and as humans most decisions will be right and some will be wrong but we all have to accept that.
He needs to be reminded that he is in a privileged position in that when being interviewed his comments will be heard or read by thousands of youngsters throughout the country and as such could further make the job of a ref, paid or voluntary a more difficult job.

He needs to step back into the directors box and reflect on this outburst, a touchline ban and fine will help in that.

I still maintain my stance of "get him to do the job of which he is such a critic" !

He has never done it, so maybe he will appreciate the difficulties of the job AND appreciate HOW EASY it is !!!!! :funny:

Maybe others could follow his example ?

Then fans could "share" the role of his - I am sure Manager is NOT as easy as we think ?

Jan 7, 2018
Just thought I'd check the highlights of Edwards goal, I think Fergus is going to feel a bit warm in the face and waiting long time for this apology letter.