Derek Adams signs new 5 year deal | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams signs new 5 year deal

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Brilliant news.

I have a feeling there will be more to come this summer.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Leon Horn":1mgnco8e said:
Also I didn’t realise he’s only lost 30 games during his tenure so far.

Remarkable.

51 defeats according to wiki.

Even.so, great news he has signed such a long contract even if it probably contains release clauses.

May 8, 2011
IJN":3tzd6v1b said:
Brilliant news.

I have a feeling there will be more to come this summer.

Brent has alluded to some exciting announcements in his end of season interviews.

Jul 14, 2008
Excellent way to make sure he wants to stay. Give him what other clubs can’t or won’t - long term stability and complete control over the footballing part of the club. Well done Argyle.

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
Emu":bykf0jmt said:
Leon Horn":bykf0jmt said:
Also I didn’t realise he’s only lost 30 games during his tenure so far.

Remarkable.

51 defeats according to wiki.

Even.so, great news he has signed such a long contract even if it probably contains release clauses.

30 league defeats.

Don't waste your life on Wiki - use Greens On Screen

D

Dano

I can see a lot of Sir Alex Ferguson in Mr Adams.

Something tells me that there’s going to be movement finally from the sleeping giant, and Adams feels it also and wants to be right there when it happens!!

Only got to look at history of the smaller clubs reaching the premiership to know this could be our time to move in its direction?, there’s always a time and place in life that you sail to were you need to be in life.

Adams’s can see this, and within these five years he’ll make it his legacy to get us there. Once there will be big that green giant conquering all before us. Our time will come , our time is coming .

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
This is absolutely brilliant news. Fantastic commitment from both parties. I wonder if he got some assurances out of the club about the budget before making such a long-term commitment?

Exciting times at PAFC. Bring on August.

Oct 24, 2013
I am like others delighted by this news.

Quick question and not intending to sour this in any way, but does this effectively make DA un-sackable? JB has famously said he is/was not a football man and as such officially from today DA is now responsible for all football matters. This allows JB the freedom to concentrate almost exclusively on the Grandstand rebuild and commercial matters, with a guardianship of the club as a whole. Does this mean the only person who could remove DA from his role would be DA himself?

Beats being sacked by your Dad I guess!

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Herts_Green":5p82sqlv said:
Excellent way to make sure he wants to stay. Give him what other clubs can’t or won’t - long term stability and complete control over the footballing part of the club. Well done Argyle.
This. He is a fascinating & most unusual football character – a non-smoking, non-swearing, non-gum chewing, tea-total, committed Christian – but immensely competitive, ruthless and apparently has a quick temper. I don’t think he is particularly money motivated or the type to court fame & glory (not that he doesn’t have an ego) – what will be a much greater incentive to his workaholic, obsessive nature is the chance to have such a level of control over the club’s development. There are few clubs of our size or bigger that can offer him that.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

lyndhurst green":3ce5q3ez said:

Quick question and not intending to sour this in any way, but does this effectively make DA un-sackable? JB has famously said he is/was not a football man and as such officially from today DA is now responsible for all football matters. This allows JB the freedom to concentrate almost exclusively on the Grandstand rebuild and commercial matters, with a guardianship of the club as a whole. Does this mean the only person who could remove DA from his role would be DA himself?

In effect, yes it basically does make him un-sackable due to the amount we’d undoubtedly have to pay out.

But I’d think you’d struggle to find many people, even the ardent Adams Out brigade of Nov/Dec who wouldn’t agree this is a great move by the club.

My Brent scepticism is widely known, but the two appointments of Sheridan and Adams were two things on the footballing side that he and the Board got very right.

Apr 12, 2016
Dano":a26unzye said:
I can see a lot of Sir Alex Ferguson in Mr Adams.

Something tells me that there’s going to be movement finally from the sleeping giant, and Adams feels it also and wants to be right there when it happens!!

Only got to look at history of the smaller clubs reaching the premiership to know this could be our time to move in its direction?, there’s always a time and place in life that you sail to were you need to be in life.

Adams’s can see this, and within these five years he’ll make it his legacy to get us there. Once there will be big that green giant conquering all before us. Our time will come , our time is coming .

I've felt for a long time that he has many of the attributes Fergie has. I believe he sees Argyle as a long term project and has unlimited ambition on where he wants us to go. The future's looking good

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
The Grumpy Loyal":14pdka6f said:
lyndhurst green":14pdka6f said:

In effect, yes it basically does make him un-sackable due to the amount we’d undoubtedly have to pay out.

But I’d think you’d struggle to find many people, even the ardent Adams Out brigade of Nov/Dec who wouldn’t agree this is a great move by the club.

My Brent scepticism is widely known, but the two appointments of Sheridan and Adams were two things on the footballing side that he and the Board got very right.
JB’s not all bad,eh, Grumpy?