Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed) | Page 27 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Diagouraga (signs 18 month deal with Fleetwood - confirmed)

Nov 25, 2015
There’s no doubt this will be a significant set-back. Diagouraga proved himself to be a major upgrade on the likes of Ness and Sarcevic in the middle of the park.
We’ll struggle to get anyone anywhere near as good with the money we’re offering

Aug 2, 2011
gaspargomez":uhu0126a said:
Argyleloyal87":uhu0126a said:
The herald headline is misleading, further down in the article it stats that he’s open to the idea of staying

It's also down to money....

"Up to now, Derek Adams and the board have been unable to offer a package which rivals those made elsewhere and unless something drastic changes in the next week, Diagouraga will depart after Saturday."

So it looks like other League One teams are offering better wages. Plus all other teams are closer to Leeds where he is based. No point in staying away from his family only to get less money.

So much for the "competitive budget".

What a load of tosh. You have no idea what it is down to. Money, family or way of life. Just another dig at the board. You have not a clue what you are talking about just stick to the playground

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
Don't forget we have Songo'o to come back in where he has performed admirably thus far. Oscar could do a job in midfield and Sawer reverting to RB, ATS back in the LB slot, and that's before any possible signings in the window. Toums has been excellent for us, but will not be missed as much as some people are thinking imo. Everyone needs to remain positive after the recent upsurge in results.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Presto":138dejkt said:
gaspargomez":138dejkt said:
Argyleloyal87":138dejkt said:
The herald headline is misleading, further down in the article it stats that he’s open to the idea of staying

"Up to now, Derek Adams and the board have been unable to offer a package which rivals those made elsewhere and unless something drastic changes in the next week, Diagouraga will depart after Saturday."

So it looks like other League One teams are offering better wages. Plus all other teams are closer to Leeds where he is based. No point in staying away from his family only to get less money.

What a load of tosh. You have no idea what it is down to. Money, family or way of life. Just another dig at the board. You have not a clue what you are talking about just stick to the playground

He’s a troll mate, ignore him.

Aug 11, 2013
I’m 100% certain he’ll sign. This whole episode fits DA’s modus operandi. Keep everything in house. Lay a few false trails. Allow all the speculation to play out then announce the signing at the last minute to a fanfare of applause and putting himself in a halo of virtue. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was announced at the Bury game over the loudspeaker. Everyone kisses Adams feet for another master stroke. Mark my words.

Feb 8, 2005
I suspect, with the reintroduction of Sarcevic on Monday, that Toums will be gone after Saturday and that Sarcevic will take his place until or if a replacement is acquired.

Feb 8, 2005
gaspargomez":3q2qnaj9 said:
Argyleloyal87":3q2qnaj9 said:

Wigan have been given £17.7million as the last of their parachute payments from the Premiership.

You tell me how we are going to compete with that!!!!!!

Jul 6, 2009
We can't compete with Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday or even Burton Albion, let alone Wigan Athletic. It is a strange one- but not unfamiliar- player wants to stay, "family" wants him to go to Yorkshire- a bit like Tynan going to Rotherham.... money talks but sometimes even the player does not know what to do, just like Carey in the summer.... I think we would miss Toums more than a lot, but he may yet stay.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Adams supposedly gave Diagouraga special permission for extended stays up north with his family, maybe that could be extended if he signs a new deal, although that's not fair on the other players who have family based up north and would love to miss a day of training.

Oct 31, 2015
What a shame I really like this guy. Still we have used him to help us out and he has used us to get fit and put himself in the shop window. Cant blaim him for going for the best contract to suit him. We all would.

I think he will be missed and we dont have an equivalent in the squad. Sarcevic and Ness couldnt fill his shoes, Songo is a different player style wise and Threkheld is more of ball player when in the middle.

I hope DA has been looking for a like for like replacement if one exists.

Reminds me of Elliot Ward when he came down on loan. The team performances changed overnight and I think we even gave him a thankyou trophy from the club. Could the club do the same for Toums?

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
jimsing":2dicxmxm said:
I suspect, with the reintroduction of Sarcevic on Monday, that Toums will be gone after Saturday and that Sarcevic will take his place until or if a replacement is acquired.

Sarcevic - what a thoroughly depressing thought.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He played very well on New Years Day, marked the Midland Messi out of the game I thought.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
IJN":3i73svs0 said:
He played very well on New Years Day, marked the Midland Messi out of the game I thought.
After the first ten games there was a lot of people saying he'd been our best player this season! Some people have short memories.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Strange the difference of opinions. I thought he was his normal utterly ineffectual self always several yards away from anywhere he needed to be.