Discrimination statement. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Discrimination statement.

May 4, 2015
Noseism - is that a thing or can you sing aboyt someone's nose being offside?

On a serious note, is there still a disabled section? Its not good if disabled fans are having to take seats in the front rows and will naturally have a flow of human traffic interrupting their view?

I know next to the "Bobby's Garden" area was a disabled stand - where the control room is now, but is there a designated disabled supporters section now and if not will there be one after the grandstand refit?

metroace

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Why would you want to pen a section of support into one area just because they are different from you?

pafc cobbie08

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Kentishgreen":2t58pig3 said:
What do you do if youā€™re disabled and canā€™t stand up or older and find it difficult to stand up for lengthy periods? Quite apart from the fact that standing in seated areas isnā€™t actually allowed. I donā€™t bother going to away games now as the last one I went to not only did I have to stand up I had to stand on my seat the whole game to see what was going on. Itā€™s beyond a joke!

The front would be my educated guess.

Aug 5, 2015
So all old and disabled people have to sit in the front row? Just to allow the ā€œ I donā€™t give a pooā€ brigade licence to stand up all the time even though itā€™s not actually allowed. Beggars belief. And what happens when someone in the front row decides itā€™s their divine right to stand and then mouth off at people who tell them to sit down

May 4, 2015
metroace":yo8u41v2 said:
Why would you want to pen a section of support into one area just because they are different from you?
Where did I say anything about "Penning people in"

At Crewe there was a designated area to our left where disabled fans could sit with an unobstructed view of the game (ie no crossing of fans in front to use the toilet, get food, drinks etc).

pafc cobbie08

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Kentishgreen":skz5fu9l said:
So all old and disabled people have to sit in the front row? Just to allow the ā€œ I donā€™t give a pooā€ brigade licence to stand up all the time even though itā€™s not actually allowed. Beggars belief. And what happens when someone in the front row decides itā€™s their divine right to stand and then mouth off at people who tell them to sit down

Jesus, standing up is so dangerous isn't it? Whatever next, smuggling their own flasks of tea in? That's probably more dangerous than standing up. People making it out like they've kidnapped your children or something :sigh:
And yes, if you don't want to stand up and have your precious view blocked, then the front would be my suggestion. Or pick a seat in the other 90% of the ground which stay sat throughout the game.
People who want to stand generally pick seats at the back out of courtesy of those who want to sit.

pafc cobbie08

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Jose446":sjpdaxnq said:
metroace":sjpdaxnq said:

At Crewe there was a designated area to our left where disabled fans could sit with an unobstructed view of the game (ie no crossing of fans in front to use the toilet, get food, drinks etc).
Please don't use your sense, it'll spark outrage.

May 4, 2015
BradCobbs":2u86709b said:
Jose446":2u86709b said:
metroace":2u86709b said:

Seems that way, the "I'm desperate to be offended by anything" brigade out in force again.

Aug 5, 2015
I hate to break it to you Bradd but persistent standing is not allowed in Home Park even if itā€™s done sympathetically. The answer is safe standing areas but until the government or the EFL allows them youā€™re not supposed to persistently stand anywhere.

pafc cobbie08

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Kentishgreen":rbnglp1j said:
I hate to break it to you Bradd but persistent standing is not allowed in Home Park even if itā€™s done sympathetically. The answer is safe standing areas but until the government or the EFL allows them youā€™re not supposed to persistently stand anywhere.
Sit at the front. Stand at the back. "Problem" solved. It's not hurting or discriminating anyone. Sense needs to be applied. (If anyone actually has any anymore)

May 16, 2016
Jose446":2gtpjjkx said:
BradCobbs":2gtpjjkx said:
Jose446":2gtpjjkx said:
metroace":2gtpjjkx said:

Seems that way, the "I'm desperate to be offended by anything" brigade out in force again.

I know what you mean. I got a letter threatening to ban me me and revoke my Season Ticket all because I wanted to stand up and play my Trombone to get a bit of atmosphere going.

I didn't get more than a few bars into 'March of the Mods' before some namby pamby want to be offended old Bloke started moaning about the noise and being continually prodded in the back of the neck or his Hat being knocked off. I even showed my considerate side by offering to only point it upwards or stand on a small box but no, the moaners won. I stopped going for a couple of weeks just to show them It's not fair.

I'll get my revenge though, I've just been down the Shops and bought a Penny Whistle. I'm also going to wear a disguise so they don't know it's me.

pafc cobbie08

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Guiri Green":3v163lgk said:
Jose446":3v163lgk said:
BradCobbs":3v163lgk said:
Jose446":3v163lgk said:
metroace":3v163lgk said:

I know what you mean. I got a letter threatening to ban me me and revoke my Season Ticket all because I wanted to stand up and play my Trombone to get a bit of atmosphere going.

I didn't get more than a few bars into 'March of the Mods' before some namby pamby want to be offended old Bloke started moaning about the noise and being continually prodded in the back of the neck or his Hat being knocked off. I even showed my considerate side by offering to only point it upwards or stand on a small box but no, the moaners won. I stopped going for a couple of weeks just to show them It's not fair.

I'll get my revenge though, I've just been down the Shops and bought a Penny Whistle. I'm also going to wear a disguise so they don't know it's me.
It wouldn't even surprise me if this was a genuine complaint.

Aug 5, 2015
Unfortunately itā€™s not ā€œproblem solvedā€. Perhaps one day it will be when youā€™re allowed to stand in the designated area or areas but at the moment they donā€™t exist so ā€œ the problemā€ remains. Iā€™ve spent 40 odd years standing on the terraces at Home Park and elsewhere when they existed and I would prefer to do that now but I canā€™t and I have to sit down. Like whatā€™s been said on here before if we pick and choose between the rules we like and those we donā€™t then we end up in anarchy and disabled people go to the gas chamber.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Jose446":gap3qdfe said:
Noseism - is that a thing or can you sing aboyt someone's nose being offside?

On a serious note, is there still a disabled section? Its not good if disabled fans are having to take seats in the front rows and will naturally have a flow of human traffic interrupting their view?

I know next to the "Bobby's Garden" area was a disabled stand - where the control room is now, but is there a designated disabled supporters section now and if not will there be one after the grandstand refit?
I don't think there is one at the moment but when the grandstand's finished the disabled fans will be at the back of the Mayflower Terrace.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
BradCobbs":wk17wbjm said:
Kentishgreen":wk17wbjm said:

Jesus, standing up is so dangerous isn't it? Whatever next, smuggling their own flasks of tea in? That's probably more dangerous than standing up. People making it out like they've kidnapped your children or something :sigh:
And yes, if you don't want to stand up and have your precious view blocked, then the front would be my suggestion. Or pick a seat in the other 90% of the ground which stay sat throughout the game.
People who want to stand generally pick seats at the back out of courtesy of those who want to sit.

Yep...it can be dangerous, very dangerous. I've been caught in the thick of a crowd surge a couple of times and was lucky to come out in one piece. Problem is that the 'standers' tend to be younger and some of them are tanked up...a very very dangerous combination. Personally I'd like to see a return to some form of standing but in the meantime the rules and other people should be respected.