Discrimination statement. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Discrimination statement.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Carlo":1xfrp7u4 said:
Why any grown man wears a football shirt is beyond me.

What? Even those playing for the team that you support? :think:

I never wore a replica shirt until I married Mrs Pogle. She came to football for a season (or three) but wasn't keen (like Holloway cos she is a Baaarf girl, hated Sheridan cos it was 'boring'.)
Then, out of the green, for my birthday, (Late July) she bought me a replica shirt!
What is a man to do?
'Sorry darling but I can't wear that cos I'm a man!' ?? Don't think so: gifthorse? mouth?

So I started wearing them, now I get one every season.
Give the 'old' ones to charity or to barmen in the Maldives when we go there.

So, I'm a grown man who wears a football shirt to football. Do I care what you think of me?
Nah!! :lol:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Something happens to some people the minute they walk into a football ground. You can sort of understand it from young 'lads' but what astounds me are the older men who act like complete kn0bheads as soon as they go through the turnstiles. There’s a guy who sits near me who goes absolutely ape every week, multiple times during every game at the ref. Now I know refs have always been given grief, but this guy goes completely berserk at the slightest doubtful decision - you know like he can see better than the ref when he’s fifty yards away or more. He’s jumping up and down like a raving lunatic, using foul and abusive language and it’s EVERY game EVERY few minutes. He must be sixty and he has to be a candidate for a heart attack. The point is, he inflicts this behaviour on all around him and during the Oldham game there was a woman in the next seat who was clearly becoming upset by it. I hasten to add she was not his wife, who would obviously be ashamed of him if she witnessed it.

Eventually, the woman’s husband has a go at him to no avail and the couple end up leaving about fifteen minutes before the end. So whilst the stewards are perhaps being a bit over zealous in dealing with supporters standing up in the Devonport End, muppets like this guy get to upset women and kids in the Lyndhurst without any chance whatsoever of intervention by a steward, because football fans have always had a go at the ref.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps ‘No surrender to the IRA’ confuses people. It certainly does me.

Oct 14, 2015
Pogleswoody":3njbf4ti said:
Carlo":3njbf4ti said:
Why any grown man wears a football shirt is beyond me.

What? Even those playing for the team that you support? :think:

I never wore a replica shirt until I married Mrs Pogle. She came to football for a season (or three) but wasn't keen (like Holloway cos she is a Baaarf girl, hated Sheridan cos it was 'boring'.)
Then, out of the green, for my birthday, (Late July) she bought me a replica shirt!
What is a man to do?
'Sorry darling but I can't wear that cos I'm a man!' ?? Don't think so: gifthorse? mouth?

So I started wearing them, now I get one every season.
Give the 'old' ones to charity or to barmen in the Maldives when we go there.

So, I'm a grown man who wears a football shirt to football. Do I care what you think of me?
Nah!! :lol:

Good post.....I’m with you 100%

Love wearing my football shirt, especially abroad on my holiday...proud to be a Pilgrim