Discrimination statement. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Discrimination statement.

Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Kentishgreen":17qhgz4n said:
Unfortunately it’s not “problem solved”. Perhaps one day it will be when you’re allowed to stand in the designated area or areas but at the moment they don’t exist so “ the problem” remains. I’ve spent 40 odd years standing on the terraces at Home Park and elsewhere when they existed and I would prefer to do that now but I can’t and I have to sit down. Like what’s been said on here before if we pick and choose between the rules we like and those we don’t then we end up in anarchy and disabled people go to the gas chamber.
It's not problem solved because it isn't actually a problem. If you sit at the front, or in the countless other areas where standing doesn't exist, then you won't have a problem.
When I'm older or prefer sitting down, I'm pretty sure I'll manage to work out that if I sit at the front then no one will block my view.
It's like when people move into a house next to a racetrack, then complain about the noise.
There's no problem unless people make it one. Unfortunately our club seems to be the only one that is obsessed with making it one.

Aug 5, 2005
Are we really doing this again after 30 pages of people moaning about not being able to stand?

May 4, 2015
Keepitgreen":3cnsw8nm said:
Jose446":3cnsw8nm said:
Noseism - is that a thing or can you sing aboyt someone's nose being offside?

On a serious note, is there still a disabled section? Its not good if disabled fans are having to take seats in the front rows and will naturally have a flow of human traffic interrupting their view?

I know next to the "Bobby's Garden" area was a disabled stand - where the control room is now, but is there a designated disabled supporters section now and if not will there be one after the grandstand refit?
I don't think there is one at the moment but when the grandstand's finished the disabled fans will be at the back of the Mayflower Terrace.
Thanks, that's all I was looking to understated

Aug 5, 2015
I agree it’s a boring subject but those that do want to stand are in effect discriminating against the rest of us and don’t seem to have ever considered the possible impact on the club they say they support. Personally I have worked out which areas of Home Park to go to and those to avoid. In the wise words of my American cousin, “I’m done”

Nov 16, 2008
Hampshire
Kentishgreen":fwv0glde said:
I agree it’s a boring subject but those that do want to stand are in effect discriminating against the rest of us and don’t seem to have ever considered the possible impact on the club they say they support. Personally I have worked out which areas of Home Park to go to and those to avoid. In the wise words of my American cousin, “I’m done”

I find sitting down uncomfortable for long periods of time. I'm fairly tall and sitting down puts my shins against the seat in front. So people that chose to sit behind me in an area where the majority stand are discriminating against me too. I'm not actually claiming to be discriminated against because it would insane, but the facts are true.

Personally I have worked out which areas of Home Park to go to and those to avoid.
See above.

Jun 19, 2006
Somewhere or other
This whole argument astounds me

Whether you are offended or not is irrelevant, whether you think we are all 'snowflakes' and need to 'grow a pair' or 'get in the real world' is irrelevant.

The chant happened, it's homophobic, it offended someone, it's illegal.....

Some people will continue to defend the right to be homophobic or racist as it's 'banter'

I won't....

I really think some people need to grow up

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
BradCobbs":3dycso6x said:
I find sitting down uncomfortable for long periods of time. I'm fairly tall and sitting down puts my shins against the seat in front. So people that chose to sit behind me in an area where the majority stand are discriminating against me too. I'm not actually claiming to be discriminated against because it would insane, but the facts are true.

That is impenetrable logic, to be fair.

:shocked:

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Guiri Green":1ysnfl1p said:
I know what you mean. I got a letter threatening to ban me me and revoke my Season Ticket all because I wanted to stand up and play my Trombone to get a bit of atmosphere going.

I didn't get more than a few bars into 'March of the Mods' before some namby pamby want to be offended old Bloke started moaning about the noise and being continually prodded in the back of the neck or his Hat being knocked off. I even showed my considerate side by offering to only point it upwards or stand on a small box but no, the moaners won. I stopped going for a couple of weeks just to show them It's not fair.

I'll get my revenge though, I've just been down the Shops and bought a Penny Whistle. I'm also going to wear a disguise so they don't know it's me.

:lol: That reminds me of the late, great Tyhee Slim. I can't remember where we were exactly (before or after a match no doubt), but we were in a Wetherspoons when Neil (TS) took out his harmonica and started playing. After a few seconds, a member of staff came up to him and asked him to stop, which he did.
...for a few moments and then continued playing. The aforementioned staff member soon returned and pointed out to Neil that music was not allowed in Wetherspoons and would he kindly refrain. Again he stopped for a millisecond or so and carried on. After the third warning, Neil was threatened with the confiscation of his instrument and, eventually, the barman said 'right, I'm going to have to take that away'. Neil said 'ok mate' and promptly handed it over.
Of course, as it was Neil, he then took out a bag containing another six harps and carried on. Great bloke!!

Feb 27, 2011
United Kingdom
It's been like it for years, i make a lot of away games and there is certain gang of sometimes 30 strong, who arrive at the game just before kick off no colours on show who purely abuse players, stewards, home and away supporters. Don't know what organisation they support but they are nasty offensive people.

Good to hear the club is working on a solution.

Sep 19, 2015
Westbury Green":vj9wgb5r said:
It's been like it for years, i make a lot of away games and there is certain gang of sometimes 30 strong, who arrive at the game just before kick off no colours on show who purely abuse players, stewards, home and away supporters. Don't know what organisation they support but they are nasty offensive people.

If its the same "gang" and you have witnessed this "many" times, why have you not reported this to any stewards of the grounds you have visited or even contacted the club after the incidents?

Also, what in gods name do you mean by "Not sure what organisation they support" Im pretty sure that they are their to support Argyle just like yourself

May 4, 2015
Westbury Green":39rbh4rg said:

You yourself are being discriminatory by assuming because someone does not wear colours does not make them Argyle supporters. What the hell does "what organisation they support" mean?

I have not worn a replica football shirt since I was 15, and find it cringeworthy that grown men decide to cram themselves into Polyester clothing purely to watch a football game - that doesn't make me assume they are a better or worse supporter than me - just baffling choice of fashion.
Quite often going to a game will tie in with a day or night out for me, I don't want to be going out for a few drinks or a meal after wearing a replica football shirt.

Aug 10, 2006
Westbury Green":268qx2e3 said:

no colours so what where does it say you have to wear colours at a football match and what do you mean organisation just because they don't dress like a jester, they are football supporters the same as everyone else.

Jun 2, 2016
How have we moved from a situation where apparently 2 people out of 1300 shout something offensive, to the club secretary threatening to ban a significant number of people?

Mar 23, 2019
Westbury Green":l9tqsvh1 said:

What a ridiculous comment... i haven't worn a replica shirt to a game since i was a child... also i hate to break it to you but if they've travelled all the way the Northampton, they're Argyle fans.... regardless of how they behave.