European Super League | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

European Super League

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
It'll be good for Argyle as we'll be six clubs further up the league pyramid.

(Ducks - incoming!)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Metal_Green_Mickey":3vj8t14q said:
UEFA, FIFA and the Premier League are making themselves look like the good guys.

Remember the premier league recently talked about introducing the 39th game. Remember this is an organisation that asks fans to pay top money for their match tickets. This is the organisation that make fans from Newcastle travel down to London (and vice versa for the London Supporting teams) for 12.30 pm / 17.30pm kick offs on a Saturday or Sunday when we don’t have the transport infrastructure in place to deal with it.

Then you have UEFA and FIFA. They aren’t worried about the good of the game. They worried about losing power and their money. Remember this organisations have done nothing about the racism in football. Remember when it comes to a champions league final this is an organisation that gives just 15% to each set of fans to watch their club at the pinnacle of European football.

It’s no good just stoping the European Super League. Football needs a hard reset.

Yep, and in my view this statement is actually a good thing. Being able to lance a boil that's come to the surface, comes to mind.

Instead of the slow, insiduous crawl of the things you've mentioned... this is one single wake-up call that has shocked authorities and government to take action.

E.g. we wouldn't be seeing a fan-led government review that's just been announced and overwhelming condemnation of greed in football, if this statement hadn't been made.

And I don't care so much if some of that condemnation is hypocritical either, I care more that it's actually happening.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I don´t think you need to be a rocket scientist to know that this is all going to fall apart.

Bayern and PSG are "out", the players are starting to oppose it (Rashford, Milner and possibly Henderson), some of the managers are seemingly not in favour (whilst not directly opposing it at this stage).

Next season should be fun when the Big (so called) 6 play one of the other 14 teams - you will be able to hear the jeers and boos for miles around the ground. Fans do not forget.

If it does go through then they might as well do an MK Dons and b++ger off to the Far East or the USA. They are not wanted here.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The incredible thing about this DG, is that fans of the six clubs themselves will be jeering and booing too.

I've never known anything in my lifetime that has united fans across the leagues like this, and made fans be so ashamed of their own clubs.

May 16, 2016
Is it safe to assume that not all players are in favour of it? Being told your International place is at stake, never being able to represent your country or possibly never play again in your Nations own leagues is a tough decision to make if you're not 100% driven by your bank account.

If you're a youngster on the books of one of these clubs, your future is in jeopardy if you're about to lose the option of going out on loan or being destined to play in an unrecognised B league for the majority of your career. The clubs involved might even decide to scrap their own youth structures and just import at the top end. If so, that's an awfully large amount of soon to be homeless young players forced to look elsewhere .

Saving Football ? Hmmm.......not so sure about that one.

Aug 24, 2009
What a load of nonsense, Neville made there millions playing for clubs who have signed up yet they seem to ignore that they have avoided paying the tax they should have on the advertising rights, driving flashy cars supplied from there sponsors, even some clubs paid the tax for the players until they were found out. I wonder what Mourinho thinks after being paid 17 million quid for 18 months work, not all bad I would suggest. My point is none of these players were shouting there mouthes off when they were on the gravy train as they soaked up the super star life style. I do not agree with the Super League which was always going to happen especially with the amount of money being splashed about the Premier League,when clubs like ours have to depend on free and loan transfers to be able to stay afloat. It is ironic that Neville talk about the owners of the clubs who are fuelled by money only when they are exactly the same. Neville and Co seem to want there cake and eat it.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Guiri Green":zo34p4jr said:
Is it safe to assume that not all players are in favour of it?

I think it’s safe to assume very few players are in favour of it.

You had James Milner give his opinion last night, and Jordan Henderson is apparently chairing a players meeting after which they’ll give a response.

And of course, very recent ex-players are appalled by the idea, so I can’t imagine current players will be too different.

Sep 2, 2008
Metal_Green_Mickey":3vlqmm9h said:
UEFA, FIFA and the Premier League are making themselves look like the good guys.

Remember the premier league recently talked about introducing the 39th game. Remember this is an organisation that asks fans to pay top money for their match tickets. This is the organisation that make fans from Newcastle travel down to London (and vice versa for the London Supporting teams) for 12.30 pm / 17.30pm kick offs on a Saturday or Sunday when we don’t have the transport infrastructure in place to deal with it.

Then you have UEFA and FIFA. They aren’t worried about the good of the game. They worried about losing power and their money. Remember this organisations have done nothing about the racism in football. Remember when it comes to a champions league final this is an organisation that gives just 15% to each set of fans to watch their club at the pinnacle of European football.

It’s no good just stoping the European Super League. Football needs a hard reset.

Agree with this. I see it as they're saying this is our cake and you cant have any of it and using the fans as the first line of attack.

jthep

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Apr 28, 2011
Hopefully this post can stay here for a while - in my view this is the most important issue that every club in the country now faces. Quite simply about retaining the integrity of the game I've watched and loved for over 50 years

I have sent the following message to Sky today - and I know many others are doing similar. If you feel the same way a similar email to Sky or BT TV will help influence what is going on. Feel free to copy and paste, and pass to other forums, friends etc:

To: mysky@sky.uk;

Hi

Ref Account 623XXXXXXX

Please could you forward this email to your senior team at Sky

I would just like to inform you that - should Sky TV enter into any bid for the newly proposed Super League - I will immediately cancel my entire Sky package. I would imagine huge numbers of football fans in every part of the UK feel similarly and I have yet to talk to anyone who feels other than absolute disgust for what is being proposed.

I suspect that you will receive many similar emails in the coming weeks - and I sincerely hope that you guys "do the right thing"

Best Regards

XXXX

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
What will be interesting, if these clubs breakaway AND are allowed to continue in the EPL, is, once fans are allowed back, can you imagine the reception Man U will get at Elland Road? Or Spurs and Arsenal at West Ham?
Back to the 70s anyone?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
jthep":3ofr6qcc said:
Hopefully this post can stay here for a while - in my view this is the most important issue that every club in the country now faces. Quite simply about retaining the integrity of the game I've watched and loved for over 50 years

I have sent the following message to Sky today - and I know many others are doing similar. If you feel the same way a similar email to Sky or BT TV will help influence what is going on. Feel free to copy and paste, and pass to other forums, friends etc:

To: mysky@sky.uk;

Hi

Ref Account 623XXXXXXX

Please could you forward this email to your senior team at Sky

I would just like to inform you that - should Sky TV enter into any bid for the newly proposed Super League - I will immediately cancel my entire Sky package. I would imagine huge numbers of football fans in every part of the UK feel similarly and I have yet to talk to anyone who feels other than absolute disgust for what is being proposed.

I suspect that you will receive many similar emails in the coming weeks - and I sincerely hope that you guys "do the right thing"

Best Regards

XXXX

There wont be any TV packages for Sky, BT or any other broadcaster to bid for. The ESL intend to set up their own online service for "customers" to subscribe to wherever in the world they may be. That way they will get ALL the profit.