FA Cup - Huddersfield (a) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup - Huddersfield (a)

May 22, 2006
oldage":1gyanjql said:
Chance to earn a few more quid .If we win brilliant ,if we lose not the end of the world. No away fans allowed in any case.

Terr..ier draw.

If we lose, we get nothing, if we are not on tv we get nothing. All the non league sides got home draws against decent opposition, so only a slim chance of live tv. Presumably there will be some I follow income.

Underwhelming but it could have been worse.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Can we play Sunderland away instead?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
GNS... check

Away from home... check

Unglamorous but still unlikely to win... check

Stinker!

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I really do not think Huddersfield will be rubbing their hands over this draw either. It is not glamorous opponents but I feel Argyle can get a result up there and then it becomes a lottery. Bring it on. Argyle can surprise us all. I can remember 3rd Division Argyle drawn away to WBA in 1984 being met with gloomy forecasts. I just hope they do not endure any critical injuries between now and the 3rd round over the busy Christmas period.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Quintrell_Green said:
I really do not think Huddersfield will be rubbing their hands over this draw either. It is not glamorous opponents but I feel Argyle can get a result up there and then it becomes a lottery. Bring it on. Argyle can surprise us all. I can remember 3rd Division Argyle drawn away to WBA in 1984 being met with gloomy forecasts. I just hope they do not endure any critical injuries between now and the 3rd round over the busy Christmas period.[/quoted]

There are no replays so we'd have to win up there.
Would have fancied us at home

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Cobi Budge":2gjwfxiy said:
WoodsyGreen":2gjwfxiy said:
Cobi Budge":2gjwfxiy said:
If you'd have asked me "what are the 5 draws you least want?", I would have put Huddersfield Away in there. So dull.

Deadly dull and probably a defeat, given our away form.

You slog through two tough games and get that as a reward.

We'll probably beat them and our reward will be going out to Stoke in the fourth :yawn:

I’ll take that right now. £85,000 in prize money and potentially a TV game in the 4th round.

We beat QPR earlier in the season who are roughly the same standard as Huddersfield going on the Championship league table. We should play our strongest team and go for it.

Jan 27, 2012
Huddersfield will probably play their first team players. Ironically, a Premier League club would probably have been easier as they might have played their kids and fringe players. So this fixture is probably as difficult as Argyle could have faced at this stage of the competition.

Jan 31, 2006
Disappointing draw .... Awful, terrible, mind-numbingly bad TV presentation of the draw.

"Ball #, Savage "ooh err", team name, one sentence fun-fact, ball #, Savage "ooh err", team name, fun fact, Savage "ooh err". .....

Does anyone remember in the 60s, lunchtime. on the light programme (radio / wireless), the draw was done like a religious church service with old men calling numbers and teams, then a small muted hub-hub if say Fulham had been drawn home to Chelsea or another derby....... Bring back that format.

Okay, I'm just a sad old man ..

PS We have never beaten Huddersfield in the cup ..... :wtf: