FA Cup - Huddersfield (a) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup - Huddersfield (a)

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Happy New Year....and many thanks for your info....that has cheered an old fan up no end....

Sep 6, 2006
CBilly's slippers":1dtcxax8 said:
gaspargomez":1dtcxax8 said:
Huddersfield will probably play their first team players. Ironically, a Premier League club would probably have been easier as they might have played their kids and fringe players. So this fixture is probably as difficult as Argyle could have faced at this stage of the competition.
Huddersfield Town fan here in peace.

We almost certainly WON'T play many of our first teamers. We have a long injury list (only one striker & one winger fit, plus we have no option BUT to play one kid in central defence because we only have 1 fit senior CB). We play a very high energy game, with a very small squad of players many of whom frankly look knackered. We do have some promising kids who I expect will get the nod for this fixture, but I don't think they'll have enough (yet) to beat a mid-table Lg1 side.

We also have a terrible record in cup competitions going back a LONG way, & we were dumped out of the League Cup at home to Rochdale.

I'm not one of those doom & gloom supporters (for the most part I'm very happy with the direction my club is going in), but for my money, Plymouth have to be regarded as strong favourites for this tie.

If anyone is interested, there's a thread on our forum here:
https://downatthemac.proboards.com/thre ... tch-thread

You should beat us with your kids. We are more lower than mid table with relegation form since November and terrible away record.No way are we favourites. We recently got outplayed by the Crewe kids.

Jan 6, 2004
It is the kind of game we sometimes win entirely unexpectedly- can’t say I care that much but progress would be nice.

Dec 3, 2005
greybeard-kernow":36ydz3ho said:
mercedes":36ydz3ho said:
Will the match be on IPlayer?
no fa cup matches on iplayer the match is free to watch on the fa player sign up with email, free to watch 6pm kick off

Okay I have signed up with fa Player what happens on the day - never used this before - is it a case of finding the Argyle match and just clicking on it at kick-off time or can you do it sometime before kick-off? Thanks.

Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Any specific reason why Argyle have a 6pm kick off away from home and way up North?

Only one other 6pm match, while the majority are 3pm or specific TV kick off times.

Can’t imagine the club would of requested a later kick off time based on time it takes to get back to Devon.....

COYG

Jun 27, 2019
This would have been one of those games Argyle would have nicked against all expectations, but now I've read that post from the Huddersfield fan it's a nailed-on defeat.

Small, knackered squad? Having to play kids? No chance against a mid-table League One side?

Argyle: "Hold my beer".

May 22, 2006
phil-thefluter24":7orokn62 said:
Wonder if the looming announcement on lock down will affect football :problem:

Suspect it could affect lower league football and possibly everything lower than Prem & Championship. Premiership players haven't covered themselves in glory over the last few days, which will not help. Must be some doubt about FA Cup games.

Makes the result against Gillingham look better and better.