FA Cup - Huddersfield (a) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA Cup - Huddersfield (a)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
phil-thefluter24":rhm2gxc1 said:
Crap draw made worse by the bloke with Robbie Savage calling the gaffer Brian Lowe couldnt even get that right :furious:

I'd get me old lug 'oles tested if I were you mate.

Mar 11, 2018
I wasn't thrilled with the draw either, but does anybody remember that Huddersfield were in the Premier League as recently as last year? Hardly a nothing team. Still, an excuse for another moan, which seems to be the main appeal for many of the posters on this site.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Anyone else think like me that Huddersfield might not field their strongest team??

Feb 8, 2005
JannerinCardiff":ib0fwd05 said:
Anyone else think like me that Huddersfield might not field their strongest team??

I'm sure they won't. They have fixture congestion, like the rest of us, and will use the match to give their players a bit of a rest, and those needing game time to get up to match fitness.

Full first team it will not be, so always in with a chance.

Dec 3, 2005
Just enjoy the fact that Argyle are in the 3rd round of the draw for the first time in 3 seasons.

With a hard but winnable game.

At least Argyle dont have to worry about upsetting supporters, now they dont have to make a decision on who to let into HP to watch - if it was a home draw.

Maybe the 4th round will bring a home game though :) :scarf:

I was gutted when it came out, but that was because it's a relatively easy trip over from Knaresborough and there are some fine pubs. None of that will be enjoyed in January though.

I have been to their ground for a 3rd round cup tie before, when they played West Brom in 2010. Think Huddersfield might still've been in the third tier then. It was bledy freezing, even in the opinion of someone who wears shorts all winter!

M

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Get the win and then look forward to R4!

May 16, 2016
Seriously, what's more important, progressing to R4 or the lure of going out to a bunch of millionaires and (in better times) the chance of a selfie at a stadium you've seen on Match of the Day ?

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
jimsing":29l1oo5r said:
JannerinCardiff":29l1oo5r said:

I'm sure they won't. They have fixture congestion, like the rest of us, and will use the match to give their players a bit of a rest, and those needing game time to get up to match fitness.

Agree with above

Not the worst draw for us and while all the focus is on potential giant killing results and Prem clashes,hopefully Argyle can slip under the radar and get a result to go through to the 4th round :thumbup:

COYG

Returnofthepob

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 20, 2015
xmastree":ulmc89cf said:
briangreen":ulmc89cf said:
It's got to be all about the money not about the prestige of beating a bigger team.

Is there any reason whatsoever it can't be both?

Not really - but I think the point briangreen is making is that since we can’t go and enjoy and since you get no more (financially) for beating Huddersfield than Man City or Spurs...

...Why would you want a harder tie. Gotta say I agree.

I’d of rather had an “easier” opponent and at home. But this is winnable!

Jun 27, 2019
twist of lime":2ws6pr27 said:
jimsing":2ws6pr27 said:
JannerinCardiff":2ws6pr27 said:

Agree with above

Not the worst draw for us and while all the focus is on potential giant killing results and Prem clashes,hopefully Argyle can slip under the radar and get a result to go through to the 4th round :thumbup:

COYG

...in which we will be drawn away to Barnsley.

Jan 2, 2021
gaspargomez":ruy49cw5 said:
Huddersfield will probably play their first team players. Ironically, a Premier League club would probably have been easier as they might have played their kids and fringe players. So this fixture is probably as difficult as Argyle could have faced at this stage of the competition.
Huddersfield Town fan here in peace.

We almost certainly WON'T play many of our first teamers. We have a long injury list (only one striker & one winger fit, plus we have no option BUT to play one kid in central defence because we only have 1 fit senior CB). We play a very high energy game, with a very small squad of players many of whom frankly look knackered. We do have some promising kids who I expect will get the nod for this fixture, but I don't think they'll have enough (yet) to beat a mid-table Lg1 side.

We also have a terrible record in cup competitions going back a LONG way, & we were dumped out of the League Cup at home to Rochdale.

I'm not one of those doom & gloom supporters (for the most part I'm very happy with the direction my club is going in), but for my money, Plymouth have to be regarded as strong favourites for this tie.

If anyone is interested, there's a thread on our forum here:
https://downatthemac.proboards.com/thre ... tch-thread