Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused)

D

Darren Stoneman

Straight forward really

Face mask compulsory, limit capacity to 6000 season ticket holders

Social distancing will be 1m and with hand sanitiser no issues

Whilst I would miss as a non ST holder this would allow a well managed , contained option

Also seek volunteers to help manage and assist, this would be free and as a reward you could watch the game

D

Darren Stoneman

edengreen":hgu482ki said:
Ottawa Green":hgu482ki said:
One of the suggestions over here is setting up drive in locations where you could sit in your car and watch a game on a big screen. Argyles parking lot would be good location, set up a number of screens and charge to park.

Cant see the light of that effort, May as well stream and watch in comfort of own home rather than driving to venue sitting in a car then queuing to get out
Additionally I am.not sure that the authorities would take too kindly to people congregating in a car park

I am sure a friendly parking manager could make this happen

In our newly expanded car park!,,,

May 8, 2011
Darren Stoneman":1ol9gkkg said:
edengreen":1ol9gkkg said:
Ottawa Green":1ol9gkkg said:
One of the suggestions over here is setting up drive in locations where you could sit in your car and watch a game on a big screen. Argyles parking lot would be good location, set up a number of screens and charge to park.

Cant see the light of that effort, May as well stream and watch in comfort of own home rather than driving to venue sitting in a car then queuing to get out
Additionally I am.not sure that the authorities would take too kindly to people congregating in a car park

I am sure a friendly parking manager could make this happen

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/whats- ... ma-4215576

Bryan Tregunna

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 22, 2003
... and after the match when all the cars have gone, the only things left are bottles and cans full of what look like a Bud, smells like a Bud and even tastes like a Bud!

Sep 6, 2006
Darren Stoneman":36pbeuc3 said:
Straight forward really

Face mask compulsory, limit capacity to 6000 season ticket holders

Social distancing will be 1m and with hand sanitiser no issues

Whilst I would miss as a non ST holder this would allow a well managed , contained option

Also seek volunteers to help manage and assist, this would be free and as a reward you could watch the game

Hopefully so but hardly straight forward. Issues with access exits toilets public transport etc. How do you decide where people sit and how do they get past others in a row.

D

Darren Stoneman

I think that people need to take some responsibility for this themselves,

Walk or private transport to the game

Inside with a 3rd of the capacity being used, use every other row and every other seat, voluntary compliance or the use of volunteers, anyone failing to do so as a ST holder will be easily identifiable and can be issued a short term ban,

Seats could be allocated email and entrance by non turnstile with a bar code reader as currently used

Stewards on each set of steps directing to appropriate seat

If people want football back this would be a small sacrifice

I am happy to help with parking scheme to maximise available parking at the ground and promote SD

The risk out doors is very low,

No refreshments to reduce the need for the loo and social distancing measures for any queue for the loo

Simple maybe not effective definitely

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
As i said Drive ins are opening all over N. America, here is what is happening here in Ottawa this weekend, read the rules. https://www.tdplace.ca/event/drive-on-movie-night/

See a Movie on the field at The Stadium at TD Place! (from your car)

Join us on the field at The Stadium at TD Place (in your car) for an all-new drive-on movie experience! We will be hosting a drive-on movie every night at 8PM from Thursday, June 18th to Sunday, June 21st.

Movie lovers rejoice! We will be showing a different movie each night in a variety of categories:
• Thursday: Remember the Titans
• Friday: Pirates of the Caribbean- Curse of the Black Pearl
• Saturday: Guardians of the Galaxy
• Sunday: Star Wars The Last Jedi

The Stadium will open at 7PM; make sure to arrive on time to get a prime parking spot – you don’t want to miss the beginning of the show! The best sight lines for the show will be the driver and passenger seat.

Concessions will not be open however, we encourage you to stop by patio before the event or grab takeout from your favourite Lansdowne restaurant to enjoy from your car while you watch the movie. If you don’t feel like takeout, then make sure you pack your favourite movie snack!

Tickets are $30 per car with a maximum of 5 people per car. Tickets are limited and must be purchased prior to the event. Get your tickets here.

Where do we park?
Everyone will park on The Stadium Field at TD Place. Vehicles are to remain TWO METRES apart and attendees are to remain in their vehicles at all times. Staff will be present to direct you and answer any questions.

Note:
Alcohol and smoking is not permitted. Attendees can not leave their vehicle unless they are using the washroom. Washrooms will be open and available for use near the west field club.

Now i admit they can do this because the field is a artificial turf field.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Only 25% capacity folks.

10,000 of you want to come, capacity is 5,000 including away fans.

Who'll start the bidding at £50 for a ticket? £55 £60 any advance on £60

Sep 6, 2006
Argylegames":1y092z4r said:
Only 25% capacity folks.

I'd suggest away fans is a non starter. No need to encourage unnecessary travel, folk packed on coaches etc

C

Cult Of Personality

Argylegames":1ucwmgh0 said:
Only 25% capacity folks.

Don't have away fans..makes travel less and lowers spread of the virus

Sep 2, 2008
Argylegames":1wekbdtx said:
Only 25% capacity folks.

Get your season ticket quick! Think 5000 season ticket holders is approx what we've been attracting these past few years.

C

Cult Of Personality

Easy offer season ticket holders first dibs..there will be a few drop outs due to people not wanting to risk going to the game ..I would imagine those a heightened risk. If any spare then off it to the next set of membership scheme

Sep 25, 2010
There is now talk, that crowds may be allowed back into grounds at the start of the season, just wondering how Argyle would organise this, as I do not think grounds would be able to have full capacity for a while yet.

1) reduce capacity from the start say 25%, 30%.
2) who would get access to the grounds I.e. season tickets holders ?
3), would fans be able to get to one game , then miss one, to allow other fans to view.
4), how would the seating go, i.e. would every other row or seat be unusable.
What happens if families sit together.

As this will happen in September, about 2 1/2 months away, numbers allowed in may be different.