Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused)

Mar 29, 2020
I think they should just allow fans from Cornwall into Home Park for the start of the season.. :shocked:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Kersie":xo56satz said:
I think they should just allow fans from Cornwall into Home Park for the start of the season.. :shocked:

Well seeing as theyā€™re now saying all school children will be back at school by Septemberā€¦ā€¦

Itā€™s looking like I might have to apologise for being pessimistic (shock horror) when I said crowds will be back at HP by October. What was I thinking!? Surely it will be 2021 or EVEN 2022. I think I was called ignorant and also asked if I was creating a virus in my garden shed for suggesting crowds will be back this year. As soon as they say season tickets will be available, I will be applying.

May 28, 2019
there was meetings today between non league teams and the fa, all steps below national league north and south , down to step 6 ie south western league, and the general feed back is ,they will be looking to start in September, with social distance in clubhouses/tea huts etc, but attendances will be capped at 30% across all levels, which would not effect all south western league teams much at all , if they apply the 30% to EFL leagues i think argyles would be around 5500!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Devongreenowl":kxfgr1me said:
Kersie":kxfgr1me said:

Well seeing as theyā€™re now saying all school children will be back at school by Septemberā€¦ā€¦

Itā€™s looking like I might have to apologise for being pessimistic (shock horror) when I said crowds will be back at HP by October. What was I thinking!? Surely it will be 2021 or EVEN 2022. I think I was called ignorant and also asked if I was creating a virus in my garden shed for suggesting crowds will be back this year. As soon as they say season tickets will be available, I will be applying.

Apologies - meant to say ā€˜creating a vaccineā€™.

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":2s499bsc said:
Kersie":2s499bsc said:

Actually what you did say was crowds would be back to normal when obviously they wont be. Why do you lie? Also quite sad that you cant accept the joke about the vaccine in the garden shed but keep bringing it up. Unbelievable. :facepalm:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Thatā€™s actually incorrect BG and you know it is. Iā€™m fairly certain you will have scrutinised my previous posts. I said ā€˜normalā€™ in a subsequent post to my initial one, in which I simply said there would be paying spectators at HP by October. Putting something in inverted commas as I subsequently did, means sort of normal. Of course, you were one of the ones predicting no crowds until next year, second waves and all that.

In actual fact, there is a chance that crowds will be back to normal (see what I did there) by October, but only time will tell. For some strange reason, you almost appear to hope not. Letā€™s hope youā€™re disappointed. :facepalm:

Sep 6, 2006
Devongreenowl":2c9z4tv0 said:
Thatā€™s actually incorrect BG and you know it is. Iā€™m fairly certain you will have scrutinised my previous posts. I said ā€˜normalā€™ in a subsequent post to my initial one, in which I simply said there would be paying spectators at HP by October. Putting something in inverted commas as I subsequently did, means sort of normal. Of course, you were one of the ones predicting no crowds until next year, second waves and all that.

In actual fact, there is a chance that crowds will be back to normal (see what I did there) by October, but only time will tell. For some strange reason, you almost appear to hope not. Letā€™s hope youā€™re disappointed. :facepalm:

Nope never said there would be no crowds until next year. More porky pies. You seem to have a problem with the truth.And I dont scrutinise your posts. Have better things to do!
If you think there will be large crowds in October you really do live in a parallel universe. Which I suspected anyway. Germany which has much lower levels than uk has banned public gatherings of any sort until October. And yes I do hope crowds will not be back to normal. Guess it is very strange to you to hope that risks are minimised and social distancing continues to keep death rates down. Sorry for that 'strange' view. Meanwhile in the real world...

Apr 4, 2015
Even though Argyle weren't involved I was looking forward to seeing the return of football this week just to get a bit of normality back if nothing else. I thought that it wouldn't make that much difference when watching a game on the tv, how wrong could I have been. It is utterly soul destroying to watch, even the players can't get up for games in my opinion and we are talking premier league with people on 100k a week and more. I can't imagine watching your average league 1 / 2 game on ifollow would be any better even though id be watching my own team.

It is absolutely critical to get fans back into stadiums in any way possible at the beginning of next season or the lower leagues will disappear. By September just about everything else will be back to normal barring a bit of social distancing and football must be the same. If some people dont feel safe to go then dont go, nobody is forcing people to attend. It is absolutely possible to get a limited number of fans into stadiums safely whilst adhering to social distancing, there is plenty of time to come up with methods to achieve this and training stewards to oversee it we just need to start thinking about it now and not a week or 2 before next season starts. I dont mind how its done it just needs to be done otherwise the future of lower league football, and lets be honest that includes us, is very bleak indeed.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Whilst I want to see crowds back I disagree with the rest of your assessment.

I thought the second playoff game on Thursday was a really good game and didn't really notice the lack of crowd. It was amusing to be able to hear the coaching staff yelling instructions - you wonder if the players can hear them normally.

I don't normally watch Premiership games, but I watched most of last night's Spurs ManU and wasn't bothered about the lack of crowd, although they were playing crowd noise over the PA.

Saw a little of the ManC Arsenal match and was surprised that the PA operator had the ability to up the noise level at appropriate times. At one point an Arsenal player was fouled and there was a 'howl of protest' from the PA crowd - very well done I thought.

Jul 14, 2008
Only a minor point but itā€™s Sky adding the crowd effects, there is no crowd noise in the stadiums. Apparently EA (makers of the FIFA video games) supplied the tv companies with their database of crowd noise.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Herts_Green":vsyaixlu said:
Only a minor point but itā€™s Sky adding the crowd effects, there is no crowd noise in the stadiums. Apparently EA (makers of the FIFA video games) supplied the tv companies with their database of crowd noise.

Thanks for that.

Surprised they aren't doing it for the playoff games then.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
freddie2greens":356btg4a said:
Even though Argyle weren't involved I was looking forward to seeing the return of football this week just to get a bit of normality back if nothing else. I thought that it wouldn't make that much difference when watching a game on the tv, how wrong could I have been. It is utterly soul destroying to watch, even the players can't get up for games in my opinion and we are talking premier league with people on 100k a week and more. I can't imagine watching your average league 1 / 2 game on ifollow would be any better even though id be watching my own team.

It is absolutely critical to get fans back into stadiums in any way possible at the beginning of next season or the lower leagues will disappear. By September just about everything else will be back to normal barring a bit of social distancing and football must be the same. If some people dont feel safe to go then dont go, nobody is forcing people to attend. It is absolutely possible to get a limited number of fans into stadiums safely whilst adhering to social distancing, there is plenty of time to come up with methods to achieve this and training stewards to oversee it we just need to start thinking about it now and not a week or 2 before next season starts. I dont mind how its done it just needs to be done otherwise the future of lower league football, and lets be honest that includes us, is very bleak indeed.

Totally agree with you. I imagine in the next couple of weeks we will be down to 1m (should have done it earlier) and then there will be a further relaxing in outdoor spaces where people will be given responsibility for their own welfare. At football matches, it would be easy to have a face mask rule as a condition of entry and hand sanitiser at every turnstile and obviously concourses and toilets. As far as I know, there is at least one steward on every turnstile who could ensure that hand cleaning was done before being allowed to proceed through the turnstiles. It will be a major additional expense for clubs, who will also have to disinfect seats etc after every game, but itā€™s nothing like the cost of the current situation with no crowds at all. Unlike a minority of other unions, I somehow donā€™t see the PFA putting obstacles in the way of a return, if some simple measures are put into place.

Elderly supporters with underlying health conditions will clearly make their own decisions whether to attend or not, as will other age groups and specific vulnerabilities. Nobody will be forced to go and watch Argyle will they!

Nov 9, 2008
I prefer no crowd noise to fake crowd noise. The games Iā€™ve seen have been ok. Not the same but Iā€™ll still watch the one I would have watched anyway.