Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused)

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
mde203":3bll6xyi said:
I prefer no crowd noise to fake crowd noise. The games I’ve seen have been ok. Not the same but I’ll still watch the one I would have watched anyway.
Yeah I prefer listening to the players instead of the fake crowd noise. And then the commentators apologising for anything naughty that you may have heard :lol:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I see Andrew Lloyd Webber was in the press all incredulous, because it’s being suggested there will be no singing allowed when the theatres are reopened.

Suppose that means the Mayflower will be the first stand to reopen at HP. The players will be able to play to a background noise of Werther unwrapping and crunching! :funny:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
So with social distancing rules now at 1 metre does that mean football stadiums can operate at 50% of capacity instead of the reported 25%, meaning there could be just under 9,000 at Home Park?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":25frh9ub said:
So with social distancing rules now at 1 metre does that mean football stadiums can operate at 50% of capacity instead of the reported 25%, meaning there could be just under 9,000 at Home Park?
1m either side will be ok but front and back also would put us at less that 50% surely?

Sep 25, 2010
In the meantime, and to bring some much needed revenue in, it could be a good idea to open the new supporters bars (subject to covid regulations), during the week and weekends.

Thoughts ?

Apr 1, 2009
Martyn":3uy8xetw said:
In the meantime, and to bring some much needed revenue in, it could be a good idea to open the new supporters bars (subject to covid regulations), during the week and weekends.

Thoughts ?

Is there really enough potential midweek trade to justify opening, let alone accruing significant profit?

Jul 14, 2008
MK Dons could do very nicely out of this situation comparative to other clubs as their average attendance this season (9,200) is only 30% of their capacity (30,500). It’s fortunate that we completed the Grandstand in time to enable larger crowds than would otherwise be the case in the current situation.

Sep 25, 2010
xmastree":1vmkjmpi said:
Martyn":1vmkjmpi said:

Thoughts ?

Is there really enough potential midweek trade to justify opening, let alone accruing significant profit?

Maybe, maybe not, there always seems to be very packed at Senior Greens,

That is held midweek.

It is a start, to get some progress going.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Tugboat":2wona1vd said:
PL2 3DQ":2wona1vd said:
1m either side will be ok but front and back also would put us at less that 50% surely?

Indeed. I guess that the most threat to an individual would come from whoever is sitting behind them and breathing in their direction. In fact, thinking about this further, those in the front rows are showered by the exhalations of all of those behind them. I'll be okay as long as I can get my usual back-row seat although getting out at the end through could be risky!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
The Doctor":1dbknznq said:
Tugboat":1dbknznq said:
PL2 3DQ":1dbknznq said:

Indeed. I guess that the most threat to an individual would come from whoever is sitting behind them and breathing in their direction. In fact, thinking about this further, those in the front rows are showered by the exhalations of all of those behind them. I'll be okay as long as I can get my usual back-row seat although getting out at the end through could be risky!

So could having a half time wee!