General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries)

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Can anyone just say what it says? I don't want to dirty my browser going on that clickbait site.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
metroace":2znfbfbl said:
Can anyone just say what it says? I don't want to dirty my browser going on that clickbait site.

Says EFL games will be streamed live while ground capacity is restricted to 50% or below.

May 28, 2019
metroace":29lyfyo7 said:
use a add blocker ? it says season ticket holders watch without payment anyone else a tenner, until crowds go above 50%, which i can not see until the new year maybe, also what worries me championship clubs get all proceeds from their stream , but league 1 and 2 is more " complex sharing " ?? , sounds like different fan base numbers, smaller clubs get a share of the bigger clubs income ?

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Thanks for finding that Davie - I guess this deal being in the pipeline is why we haven't heard anything from the clubs before now. Hopefully details will be communicated by Argyle next week.
Regarding revenue shares surely the best thing would be for all proceeds to go to the home club, just as if fans were attending the match in person? Don't see why it needs to be made more complicated than that.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Interestingly, only Championship clubs to keep the revenue that they raise. Leagues One and Two to share the pot due to differing fan base sizes.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
This is part of an e-mail i received from the EFL back on Aug 11.

This email is to remind you that your Season Pass will automatically renew on 1st September 2020.

iFollow is the official streaming service of Plymouth Argyle, with at least 70% of the net revenue from your purchase going directly back to support your club.

So they have been working on this for sometime.

May 16, 2016
Problems might arise once the crowds are allowed to be at the capacity 50% or just over. That would leave a lot of people without access to games.

Our ST sales might be below the 50% but I'd imagine larger Clubs could have an issue.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sky and EFL have reached a deal where clubs can stream matches until the Government allow more than 50% of the stadium capacity into the ground. Season ticket holders will be able to watch home games for free, including Saturday 3pm kick-off games while casual fans will pay £10.

Credit to Sky, who own the broadcasting rights, for helping out the EFL clubs.
Previously for iFollow the club selling the subscriptions for the games, home or away, kept 70% to 80% of the revenue, this will stay the same for the Championship but League One and League Two will decide on a new format to decide who receives the revenue.

Jan 27, 2012
Is it possible to stream iFollow on an Amazon Firestick ?

I have never got this to work. There is no iFollow App for the Firestick (Why not ?) and it doesn't appear to work on either the Firefox or Amazon Silk internet browsers.

I don't really want to watch a game on a computer screen- the telly is much better.

May 28, 2019
gaspargomez":1woyh6in said:

I have never got this to work. There is no iFollow App for the Firestick (Why not ?) and it doesn't appear to work on either the Firefox or Amazon Silk internet browsers.

I don't really want to watch a game on a computer screen- the telly is much better.
you need a google chromecast , think they are like 30 pounds, i have one it cast anything from my pc screen to my tv,works with a phone or tablet, just plug it into your hdmi socket on tv then connect with browser to it, google chrome and microsoft edge connect to it easy ,
https://store.google.com/product/chromecast

Jul 19, 2014
gaspargomez":1t3vo9em said:

I haven't tried this myself, but you may be able to "sideload" the official Argyle app onto your Firestick, and from there you can watch iFollow streams (if you have the correct subscription).

Read up about an app called "Apps2Fire", and a Google search will find you a guide of how it is done.

Test it to see if you can watch any of the free videos on the Argyle app before you pay for a subscription/stream pass though.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
dellaclearing":2zeegp7d said:
gaspargomez":2zeegp7d said:

I haven't tried this myself, but you may be able to "sideload" the official Argyle app onto your Firestick, and from there you can watch iFollow streams (if you have the correct subscription).

Read up about an app called "Apps2Fire", and a Google search will find you a guide of how it is done.

Test it to see if you can watch any of the free videos on the Argyle app before you pay for a subscription/stream pass though.
I've tried sideloading the app on a couple of devices in the past and although certain bits work can never get it to stream. Same with built in web browsers. What irritates me is that you can't cast from the app on a phone or similar device - you just get a blank screen - so casting from a PC based browser is the only non-physical connection method I've found works (and in my case not always that well!). I still find the best way is to connect a laptop direct to a TV over HDMI and watch it via the PC's browser.

May 16, 2016
I've cast from Android Phone and Tablet to both Firsestick and Smart TV with no problem. Although sometimes the picture quality wasn't the best so I stuck with the Tablet.

I've not bothered trying to sideload onto the stick, but will give it a go.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Guiri Green":3e7gzaei said:
I've cast from Android Phone and Tablet to both Firsestick and Smart TV with no problem. Although sometimes the picture quality wasn't the best so I stuck with the Tablet.

Really? I may try again, then, when the time comes. I cast BT Sport perfectly from my phone but I've never got iFollow to work despite trying different phones and different destinations - always get a blank screen despite it working OK on the phone before casting. Maybe they've updated it since I last tried.