General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries)

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
warney":3vw1t7yc said:
So are the forthcoming pre-season games going to be live streamed? I thought they had a new set up about to come on stream. The pre-season games are the ideal testing ground for this but I've not seen any mention of tomorrow's match being available anywhere.
Middlesborough have banned any filming or non-club attendance - hence Errington says no report for tomorrow.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Argylegames":36v8z08i said:
warney":36v8z08i said:
So are the forthcoming pre-season games going to be live streamed? I thought they had a new set up about to come on stream. The pre-season games are the ideal testing ground for this but I've not seen any mention of tomorrow's match being available anywhere.
Middlesborough have banned any filming or non-club attendance - hence Errington says no report for tomorrow.
OK, thanks - hadn't seen that.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I find a laptop and a HDMI cable does the job for me (wife isn't best pleased when it's like that).

Tried casting, the quality drops a fair bit.

Obviously a firestick compatible app would be nice.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I read somewhere that there’s a difference this season with money generated by ifollow:- previously it was the home team that made the money. This time money will be given back to clubs based on an average across division. Bit unfair on the bigger supported clubs I feel.

‘A more complex revenue-sharing formula will be applied in League One and League Two due to the big disparity in clubs' respective fanbases.‘

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thes ... -offs/amp/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... match.html

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
JannerinCardiff":2gl37iqg said:
I read somewhere that there’s a difference this season with money generated by ifollow:- previously it was the home team that made the money. This time money will be given back to clubs based on an average across division. Bit unfair on the bigger supported clubs I feel.
I'd say it was the opposite.

Say clubs are allowed to have 25% capacity and no away fans, but all games are available to stream.

Smaller clubs playing Argyle at home would have 25% capacity available - which may be their normal gate, but all Argyle fans can view on streaming. If the home team provided their usual crowd, and Argyle provided 5,000 by streaming, do you want Argyle to get nothing from that?

When playing at HP we get 25% capacity gate - which is ours, plus maybe a few thousand on streaming plus a few thousand opposition fans on streaming.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
JannerinCardiff":e6rf5ii3 said:

‘A more complex revenue-sharing formula will be applied in League One and League Two due to the big disparity in clubs' respective fanbases.‘

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thes ... -offs/amp/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... match.html

Previously it was the club selling the iFollow subscriptions for home and away games that kept 70 - 80% of the revenue. So now it looks like a team like Accrington will benefit from Argyle selling subscriptions for the game at Accrington.

We've been penalised twice now for having a large fanbase, firstly the salary wage cap and then now it looks like iFollow subscription revenue will be shared.

Jul 12, 2016
falmouthgreen":2ybfckdx said:
What is a firestick??? Is it inflammable?

YOUVE GUESSED IT I AM VERY SENIOR...80 THIS WEEK!

I HAVE WATCHED I FOLLOW ON MY PC in the past, with varying success due to poor reception from I follow. That will do for me.
I think you are getting confused with a match but not a football match! Happy birthday .

Mar 18, 2020
Carson City
Good news. I can have the friends who i go to the game with over to my house to watch the game, in the confined space that is my front room. Shame we cant go to the open air space that is Home Part to watch it together.

Feb 8, 2005
Garland_Greene":2u0q0ncn said:
Good news. I can have the friends who i go to the game with over to my house to watch the game, in the confined space that is my front room. Shame we cant go to the open air space that is Home Part to watch it together.

You will be safe distancing, of course.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
jimsing":1fe5loz9 said:
Garland_Greene":1fe5loz9 said:

And avoiding Plymothians recently returned from Zante. ;)

OnicknowlePete

Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
The EFL statement does not mention how revenues will be shared out as far as i can see, and, more importantly Argyle have yet to confirm details to us, so i think it is wait and see. Nice update from our Chairman as well, so hopefully some news on or by Friday regarding this,
Pete

Mar 18, 2020
Carson City
cheshiregreen":306rgbfy said:
jimsing":306rgbfy said:
Garland_Greene":306rgbfy said:

And avoiding Plymothians recently returned from Zante. ;)

Of course :) It does baffle me how I can do this, or go to a cinema, which like I say are both confined spaces where there is apparently more risk from the virus. But I can’t go to an open air stadium to watch football. But who am I to question .

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
honicknowle_pete":kk3pbmlu said:
The EFL statement does not mention how revenues will be shared out as far as i can see, and, more importantly Argyle have yet to confirm details to us, so i think it is wait and see. Nice update from our Chairman as well, so hopefully some news on or by Friday regarding this,
Pete

In the EFL e-mail i received regarding my renewal it stated this

iFollow is the official streaming service of Plymouth Argyle, with at least 70% of the net revenue from your purchase going directly back to support your club.