General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries)

OnicknowlePete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
The piece isn't clear regarding away games, could each club for example do a beam back when fans are allowed back in stadiums to increase their revenue streams? This could help all clubs utilise their facilities on away days as well to reduce their losses. Why would leagues one and two have to share the income, surely the money you earn should be yours, and with a pay cap already in place it will benefit smaller clubs effectively being subsidised by other clubs, very strange. I appreciate clubs that take a large away fan following do this every season,
Pete

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
honicknowle_pete":13jwu68g said:
The piece isn't clear regarding away games, could each club for example do a beam back when fans are allowed back in stadiums to increase their revenue streams? This could help all clubs utilise their facilities on away days as well to reduce their losses. Why would leagues one and two have to share the income, surely the money you earn should be yours, and with a pay cap already in place it will benefit smaller clubs effectively being subsidised by other clubs, very strange. I appreciate clubs that take a large away fan following do this every season,
Pete

I believe in the past the home team gets approx 70% of the fee, the rest goes to iFollow (EFL) the away team gets nothing, this might change this year due to Covid, as obviously the larger clubs will have more people paying the 10 pounds per game than the smaller clubs.

Jan 27, 2012
dellaclearing":pxp1ux8p said:
gaspargomez":pxp1ux8p said:
Is it possible to stream iFollow on an Amazon Firestick ?

I have never got this to work. There is no iFollow App for the Firestick (Why not ?) and it doesn't appear to work on either the Firefox or Amazon Silk internet browsers.

I don't really want to watch a game on a computer screen- the telly is much better.
I haven't tried this myself, but you may be able to "sideload" the official Argyle app onto your Firestick, and from there you can watch iFollow streams (if you have the correct subscription).

Read up about an app called "Apps2Fire", and a Google search will find you a guide of how it is done.

Test it to see if you can watch any of the free videos on the Argyle app before you pay for a subscription/stream pass though.

Thanks - I'll try that and see what happens (although given the other posts it seems like this may not work).

Its high time that iFollow provided an Amazon Firestick app given the popularity and cheap cost of these devices. And this season it's more important than ever as clubs struggle to find income.

I have no interest in buying an iFollow subscription until they provide this service. I don't want to watch matches on my computer- I want to watch them on the TV. I appreciate that there are some workarounds, but it seems that none of these are ideal. Anyhow, I don't see why paying iFollow customers should need to resort to workarounds.

Millions of business provide Firestick apps so I can't see a goood reason for iFollow not to do this, especially as they are in the specific business of streaming TV services. Its clubs like Argyle that will suffer as a result of thieir oversight.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I did try to cast a couple of matches from my laptop last season to my Samsung TV. It did work, but the picture quality was too jittery and pixelated to watch that for 90 mins.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
gaspargomez":q7uceilv said:
Its high time that iFollow provided an Amazon Firestick app given the popularity and cheap cost of these devices. And this season it's more important than ever as clubs struggle to find income.

I have no interest in buying an iFollow subscription until they provide this service. I don't want to watch matches on my computer- I want to watch them on the TV. I appreciate that there are some workarounds, but it seems that none of these are ideal. Anyhow, I don't see why paying iFollow customers should need to resort to workarounds.

Millions of business provide Firestick apps so I can't see a goood reason for iFollow not to do this, especially as they are in the specific business of streaming TV services. Its clubs like Argyle that will suffer as a result of thieir oversight.

Totally agree.

This has to be as easy and user-friendly as humanly possible, given the circumstances.

Can’t be that hard to add a ‘cast’ option (if there’s not one already?), loads of apps have it already.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Biggs":1mqgkf02 said:
gaspargomez":1mqgkf02 said:

Totally agree.

This has to be as easy and user-friendly as humanly possible, given the circumstances.

Can’t be that hard to add a ‘cast’ option (if there’s not one already?), loads of apps have it already.

As an ageing non-techie I am a bit concerned about how I will get to watch these Argyle games.

No disrespect intended and I know that if you know this stuff, have grown up with it, it is fairly 'easy' fr you.

TBH the last page of comments could have been written in Serbo-Croat based on the depth of my understanding of 'casting' to 'devices'.
So an Idiots Guide to watching Argyle on TV this season would be nice!! (When the time is right). :thumbs:

Sep 8, 2013
Pogleswoody":1iz3esmf said:
Biggs":1iz3esmf said:
gaspargomez":1iz3esmf said:

Totally agree.

As an ageing non-techie I am a bit concerned about how I will get to watch these Argyle games.

No disrespect intended and I know that if you know this stuff, have grown up with it, it is fairly 'easy' fr you.

TBH the last page of comments could have been written in Serbo-Croat based on the depth of my understanding of 'casting' to 'devices'.
So an Idiots Guide to watching Argyle on TV this season would be nice!! (When the time is right). :thumbs:

Yes, I’m in the same position. Want to watch but need some assistance as to how to go about it.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I my case it is a decision between a computer screen which is 24" at 18" away from my eyes, or a TV of 27" which is (approx) 36" away from my eyes. Ummm .....

Dec 20, 2011
What is a firestick??? Is it inflammable?

YOUVE GUESSED IT I AM VERY SENIOR...80 THIS WEEK!

I HAVE WATCHED I FOLLOW ON MY PC in the past, with varying success due to poor reception from I follow. That will do for me.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
So are the forthcoming pre-season games going to be live streamed? I thought they had a new set up about to come on stream. The pre-season games are the ideal testing ground for this but I've not seen any mention of tomorrow's match being available anywhere.