General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

General iFollow thread (incl issues, tips and queries)

Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
garsij1":3474j8zw said:
hi all.

I will be a new user to ifollow from next week and need some help and tips how to get the best out of it.

I will be using my phone to login to watch but would like to watch it on the TV my questions are as follows

1) can you cast from i follow to a Google chromecast to watch on TV

2) can you buy a cable to plug into phone and TV and it works ?

I have been looking around on the Internet to find these answers but its all a bit vague.

Does anyone have any experience of doing either of the above and is it easy and straightforward to use?

Thanks in advance and hope this helps others as well

James garside

I emailed them about Chromecast support and got the reply below. I've connected my laptop up to the TV via HDMI before with success but haven't tried straight from phone:

The iFollow service is available across desktop, mobile, tablet and app.

If you're watching on a mobile / tablet device you will need to use the iFollow app, which is available via the App Store and Google Play Store by searching ‘Official *Your Team Name* App’.

In addition to the above please be advised that the service does not support the following devices or features:

- Android boxes
- Smart TV devices
- Airplay or Chromecast functionality

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
As a life long, dedicated Luddite I am totally confused as to the mechanics of live streaming for ST holders. The OS states that I require an ifollow account to get the matches live but doesn`t that mean that I am paying for something I have been told is free. Any help would be appreciated. :crazy:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
justanotherfan":3exqjbuv said:
As a life long, dedicated Luddite I am totally confused as to the mechanics of live streaming for ST holders. The OS states that I require an ifollow account to get the matches live but doesn`t that mean that I am paying for something I have been told is free. Any help would be appreciated. :crazy:
I have the £45 season audio pass but you just need to register for the FREE basic pass I believe.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":4uzj65mk said:
justanotherfan":4uzj65mk said:
I have the £45 season audio pass but you just need to register for the FREE basic pass I believe.

Many thanks Bob, I think even I can manage that.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
This is a disappointment from the QPR game onwards ....
Social distancing guidelines and staffing limitations at the EFL’s broadcast centre means that, in the short-term, they are unable to receive the club’s bespoke four-camera coverage feed.

The result is that, for the time being, iFollow coverage of the Pilgrims’ home fixtures will revert to single-camera coverage. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
PL2 3DQ":2qgn4599 said:
This is a disappointment from the QPR game onwards ....
Social distancing guidelines and staffing limitations at the EFL’s broadcast centre means that, in the short-term, they are unable to receive the club’s bespoke four-camera coverage feed.

The result is that, for the time being, iFollow coverage of the Pilgrims’ home fixtures will revert to single-camera coverage. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Very disappointing. Especially after Argyle have invested in a new media suite. Let's hope the quality of the single camera feed doesn't suffer due to the EFL's limitations as well ...

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
With the fans relying only on iFollow you would have thought the EFL would have made Covid safe arrangements at their broadcast centre to ensure clubs with extra cameras are accommodated.
Poor from the EFL.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
:facepalm:

So the EFL aren't allowing us to reap the financial benefits of the grandstand investments with the salary cap OR the benefits of our broadcasting investments.

Also, really silly question but does the below refer to a broadcast suite as in a physical space, or software/infrastructure? If it's the former, I'd love to see it!

Extensive redevelopment works have been taking place at Home Park over the close season to improve the reliability of live coverage from the Theatre of Greens, and our state of the art broadcast suite will get its first outing for the visit of Mark Warburton’s Rangers on Saturday, with the game kicking-off at 12:30pm.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Biggs":2s5kxwkv said:
Also, really silly question but does the below refer to a broadcast suite as in a physical space, or software/infrastructure? If it's the former, I'd love to see it!

I assumed it was the area under the stand in which they normally conduct the manager interviews, together with the extra equipment they need to deal with a four-camera feed and the necessary edit facilities.

I has been noticeable that the various interviews lately have been in the manager's portacabin, on the pitch, or in the stand.

May 11, 2019
I have signed for the game tomorrow on iFollow, as this is the first time I have used to watch a game, could someone confirm that all I have to do tomorrow is click on the game to watch?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":qnc1wtca said:
justanotherfan":qnc1wtca said:

Another non IT expert here.

I've never used ifollow so tried to do the basic pass registration but it tells me my email address is already in use.

But the email from Home Park says the email for ifollow has to be the same as the one for online ticketing.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
David_Fisher":1olos2om said:
Keepitgreen":1olos2om said:
justanotherfan":1olos2om said:

Another non IT expert here.

I've never used ifollow so tried to do the basic pass registration but it tells me my email address is already in use.

But the email from Home Park says the email for ifollow has to be the same as the one for online ticketing.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

I had the same David. I think that you are already registered on the basic pass membership. The problem is that it takes you back to the home screen which is exhorting you to join/sign up. I think you are in the right place but only the QPR game available which you have to pay for. When ST games are next up, I'm hoping you'll be able to enter the code and see the game. I think :think: though I may be wrong.

Anyone?

Sep 25, 2010
I read somewhere, that we are to be sent an email, indicating a code, for us
to enter this code, then you will be able to watch the game, this is for the people who have spent the £10.00.

When do we get the code anybody know ?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Martyn":34bw7fs8 said:
to enter this code, then you will be able to watch the game, this is for the people who have spent the £10.00.

I thought the code was only for season ticket holders as they get the game for free. if you paid the £10.00. you should just be able to login or you got instructions when you paid the £10.00.

Sep 25, 2010
Ottawa Green":3i2fp3f2 said:
Martyn":3i2fp3f2 said:

I thought the code was only for season ticket holders as they get the game for free. if you paid the £10.00. you should just be able to login or you got instructions when you paid the £10.00.

I am. S/T holder, but we had to pay £10.00 for this CUP tie ?