Goodbye to the loan players | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goodbye to the loan players

Aug 5, 2015
I agree. Would love to see them all back and maybe Zak Vyner too! I know some are maybe just wishes but you never know in the new normal. Selling clubs have to be realistic what they ask for if they donā€™t really want to keep a player on their wage bill.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Lowe has confirmed Josh Grant wonā€™t be signing permanently. Real shame.

Sounds unlikely at this stage that any of the loan players will be returning from his latest interview.

May 3, 2017
Interesting. Shame about Josh Grant as I think he would have been a good addition To the squad but totally respect his decision. Iā€™d love Palmer, Cooper and Hardie to all return but finances are tight and these are uncertain times.

May 3, 2017
WoodsyGreen":2gf2fczy said:
So no Josh Grant and practically no chance of Palmer coming back either. Real shame on both counts.

Not necessarily. Assuming WBA win promotion to the Prem his chances of being in the first team squad may well be limited. He clearly loved his time with Argyle so another loan spell may be possible.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
I thought Palmer was out of contract at WBA?

So basically:
Palmer - maybe coming back.
Cooper - maybe returning if finances allow plus how Peterborough see his future.
Hardie - as per Cooper and how Blackpool will use him.
Josh Grant - will sign for another club which appears to have been sorted last January.
Bakinson - unknown.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
PL2 3DQ":1qalbbz4 said:
I thought Palmer was out of contract at WBA?

So basically:
Palmer - maybe coming back.
Cooper - maybe returning if finances allow plus how Peterborough see his future.
Hardie - as per Cooper and how Blackpool will use him.
Josh Grant - will sign for another club which appears to have been sorted last January.
Bakinson - unknown.

Re Palmer at WBA - me too. I hope he does come back, think Cooper needs another year or two.

Think Josh Grant will be at a Championship club nearer London.

Bakinson and Cooper - I think we can do better.

Fingers crossed on Hardie but Blackpool have changed manager since he joined us first and the new man will want to give Hardie a chance I'd have thought.

There will be other loans available, probably from higher placed teams.

Jun 27, 2019
James J":34emukc2 said:
Interesting. Shame about Josh Grant as I think he would have been a good addition To the squad but totally respect his decision. Iā€™d love Palmer, Cooper and Hardie to all return but finances are tight and these are uncertain times.

Lowe's comments suggest that if Palmer goes out on loan again it'll be to a Championship club. His comments bigging up M Cooper are for me a clear indication that he isn't expecting Palmer back.

Edited: Quoted the wrong post. D'oh.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
With Mike Cooper ready to step up, I donā€™t think Palmer would be a worthwhile loan slot and would make even less sense on a permanent contract unless we planned to sell or loan Cooper.

I also donā€™t see why Blackpool or Posh would loan Cooper/Hardie. The only way we get them back is if they really want the move.

Bakinson is the most likely. He is not Championship ready yet, but would be a natural replacement for Sarcevic if he left in that box-to-box role.

Jul 12, 2016
Can see M Cooper being first choice keeper next season.
Assuming Palmer was on a good salary could hopefully use any money saved by not resigning him to sign Hardie.

Jan 27, 2012
I'd like to think Argyle can sign these players on permant deals.

However- they signed for their parent clubs when finances were healthy and they wont want to downgrade their contracts.

It's a shame because under normal circumstances Argyle had a realistic chance of signing some of them on a permanent basis. I'm still hoping though....

Devizes Green

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Feb 8, 2016
They were an incredible group of Loan players and as a group probably the best I have seen in my 50 years of supporting Argyle,certainly Palmer,Cooper and Hardie would be great additions although unfortunately due to financial constraints I cannot see any happening

Ryan Lowe will need to produce miracles to find a similar group for next season but hopefully he can