Goodbye to the loan players | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Goodbye to the loan players

Jun 27, 2019
Mark Pedlar":3dxmsqzv said:
Nobby":3dxmsqzv said:
Peterborough’s chairman has confirmed on Twitter that there’s no chance of Cooper returning.

Have to say, I'm not bothered.

Not bothered that a player who had a ratio of almost one assist every two starts will be playing for someone else next season?

Don't get that.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I’m also a bit ambivalent about Cooper. Too wasteful in his crossing and limited goal threat. Whilst one can’t argue with his assist numbers, Danny Mayor was behind some of those and got little credit from many. If Cooper was that good, Peterborough wouldn’t be even thinking about letting him go. We are L1 now and probably need something better, perhaps with some pace.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Cooper isn't the problem, i dont think i could be civil to McAntony long enough to get any deal over the line.

What is this absolute codpiece doing talking about players on twitter for? It isn't money thats for sure - whilst football is an unusual and fickle business for anyone to be discussing their staffs future with others (that they dont know) is beyond crass. Whats next? Photocopying and displaying players medical records, revealing their home addresses?

Voice_of_Reason":34lc4c4b said:
Cooper isn't the problem, i dont think i could be civil to McAntony long enough to get any deal over the line.

What is this absolute codpiece doing talking about players on twitter for? It isn't money thats for sure - whilst football is an unusual and fickle business for anyone to be discussing their staffs future with others (that they dont know) is beyond crass. Whats next? Photocopying and displaying players medical records, revealing their home addresses?

He’s certainly a very un-chairmanlike character, and if I were a club owner dealing with him I would be wary of being shafted. I liked Cooper and would rather have him than not. However I also agree with SH that with our comparative financial stability there will be lots of quality signing opportunities out there in these difficult times.

Oct 31, 2015
Nobby":7mphkgja said:
Peterborough’s chairman has confirmed on Twitter that there’s no chance of Cooper returning.

I just wish people would stop contacting the Posh chairman via social media. None of the loan players are ours. I am grateful to them for last season, probably amongst the best we have had (Ward, Sinclair or Tynan were probably the stand out loanees before last season) and I thank them

But please people stop being so bloody needy on social media and chasing them like a teenage lost love victim. They move on We move on and I trust our management and coaches. If one or two come back all well and good but there are plenty of footballers out there :banghead:

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
rsp4":2jvcz29b said:
Nobby":2jvcz29b said:

I just wish people would stop contacting the Posh chairman via social media. None of the loan players are ours. I am grateful to them for last season, probably amongst the best we have had (Ward, Sinclair or Tynan were probably the stand out loanees before last season) and I thank them

But please people stop being so bloody needy on social media and chasing them like a teenage lost love victim. They move on We move on and I trust our management and coaches. If one or two come back all well and good but there are plenty of footballers out there :banghead:

The question was asked by a Tranmere fan who clearly fancied Cooper as a loan addition and followed up on the same issue by a Mansfield fan (bizarrely).

Jun 27, 2019
It is very sad. What exactly are they expecting? I get that this wasn't an Argyle fan asking the question, but people are treating the response as gospel even though it was written on a public forum by an extremely savvy businessman.

Fan: "Are we signing George Cooper?"
Peterborough chairman: "We don't really rate George and we're just waiting on clubs to make us an offer. When they see this they'll probably offer us a lot less than if we say we do want to keep George, but who cares about money?"

FFS.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
Looks like Palmer is signing on at West Brom - not necessarily bad news for us, as we might end up getting him on loan again come January if it doesn't work out with Cooper.

Apr 1, 2009
vibratingspider":3sasnefu said:
Looks like Palmer is signing on at West Brom - not necessarily bad news for us, as we might end up getting him on loan again come January if it doesn't work out with Cooper.

Will be on loan in Championship next season.