Graham Carey (27.04.20 - to be released) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Graham Carey (27.04.20 - to be released)

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Oh behave Woody!! If we had the option of signing soneone with GC's talent and IF he wanted to come here (above other offers he would get) are we seriously going to say No? Are we THAT good?

If Messi wanted to go to Liverpool would Klop say "Sorry Lionel mate - but how could I fit you in with Firmino, Salah and Mane?.... and you might upset the boys because you're so good the fans might like you and they'll be jealous"??... Actually that's a poor analogy because Liverpool are 10 points clear at the top and ... errr. ..we're not.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I can't see wages being a problem because a loan deal would see CSKA Sofia paying a percentage of Carey's wages.
The fans would have him back but would Ryan Lowe want him?

Jun 27, 2019
Ave_IT":haaafds3 said:
Oh behave Woody!! If we had the option of signing soneone with GC's talent and IF he wanted to come here (above other offers he would get) are we seriously going to say No? Are we THAT good?

If Messi wanted to go to Liverpool would Klop say "Sorry Lionel mate - but how could I fit you in with Firmino, Salah and Mane?.... and you might upset the boys because you're so good the fans might like you and they'll be jealous"??... Actually that's a poor analogy because Liverpool are 10 points clear at the top and ... errr. ..we're not.

I would drive to Bulgaria to bring him back myself, Ave_IT. If the decision was up to us fans then Carey would already be back in a green shirt.

It's not up to us, though, it's up to Ryan Lowe, and I don't think he'd be interested. Carey snubbed him in the summer, preferring to take a 'better' offer elsewhere rather than sticking around to see what Lowe could do.

I also think you're downplaying squad harmony, which is worth its weight in gold.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
NEVER go back.

Plus if what I heard about his family getting abuse from fans is true, why would he?

Jan 27, 2012
Lowe is struggling to accommodate Mayor and Cooper in the same team, so a left sided player probably isn’t his priority at the moment.

Having said that, Carey is a class above any of the current players at the club so he’d be an excellent addition to the team. I can’t see it happening though, for all the reasons stated by others.

May 16, 2016
One of the things this highlights to me is how badly advised Players can be at times. Going to another Country with possibly little knowledge of what the move entails outside of any likely financial benefits.

Occasionally I've read interview with Players who admit to having littke knowledge of the Club and area they just turned up at to hold a Scarf aloft in the Photo Call.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Aug 5, 2015
I just don’t get this on a number of levels good though he is. Firstly he’s too good for L2 and secondly we got two more seasons out of him than we really deserved. I’d be amazed if this ever happened.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Guiri Green":2b3ufivm said:
One of the things this highlights to me is how badly advised Players can be at times. Going to another Country with possibly little knowledge of what the move entails outside of any likely financial benefits.

Occasionally I've read interview with Players who admit to having littke knowledge of the Club and area they just turned up at to hold a Scarf aloft in the Photo Call.

Just like Oscar Threlkeld. Since coming back to the UK he has openly talked about how moving to Belgium affected his mental health.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
LeonTheGreen":16zvd2we said:
Guiri Green":16zvd2we said:

Just like Oscar Threlkeld. Since coming back to the UK he has openly talked about how moving to Belgium affected his mental health.

Winter weather conditions in Belgium are a damn site more hospitable than Sofia. It is OK for cheap winter skiing but I never thought of GC being a man for the piste!

Feb 15, 2005
He scores goals, he creates goals, he excites the fans when he gets on the ball and he is a fans favourite - why would we want him again???? I can’t see it happen but GC10 yes please everyday of the week. Why his successor might even start performing a whole lot better.